Occupy Detroit...

Occupy Detroit...

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Who wrote this, norm:

Even as they ignored the stock market bubble, these very regulators were laying the groundwork for a subsequent, far more virulent mania in the credit markets -- which helped finance, among other things, mortgages and home ownership. Regulators did this by siding with the banks that wanted to loosen the capital str ...[text shortened]... icials loosened them.

In other words, the Fed was busy becoming a pushover, not a policeman.
Here's the answer: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/24/gretchen-morgenson-reckless-endangerment_n_865809.html?page=1

Cape Town

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Oh you're in South Africa. I'm talking about Detroit.
I know. My point is that you guys have it easy, yet complain the most. You are so spoilt, you cant see how silly you look to the rest of the world.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
16 Oct 11
3 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I know. My point is that you guys have it easy, yet complain the most. You are so spoilt, you cant see how silly you look to the rest of the world.
Believe me, modern African culture and society looks ridiculous to us too.

w

Moves
16 Oct 11
1 edit

But....but....but the top 1% has all the money!!!

Down with the system!!! 😠 I guess they all want to become like the rest of the world.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Oct 11

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/occupy_detroit.jpg

Hey, look, it's me again (in the bull's-eye).

w

Moves
16 Oct 11

Yes.

Besides, the banks did not wreck the economy. Peoples poor personal financial planning did.

The problem is that Americans deluded themselves into thinking that the 'great boom' was here to stay and thus, instead of saving up for a rainy day, they spent all their money and then some.
Now now, don't go questioning other peoples involvement in the fiasco. We all know that if private industry were removed we would have no more economic crisis.

The thing that is hilarious is that the same people who only blame Wall Street are the same people behind the presidents decision to bail them all out.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
16 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Now now, don't go questioning other peoples involvement in the fiasco. We all know that if private industry were removed we would have no more economic crisis.

The thing that is hilarious is that the same people who only blame Wall Street are the same people behind the presidents decision to bail them all out.
Its called the heist of the Millenium.

edit: that along with creating money by spawning debt

w

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by kmax87
Its called the heist of the Millenium.

edit: that along with creating money by spawning debt
So why are these people not protesting in DC as well?

Are they all a bunch of retards?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
16 Oct 11
1 edit

So why are these people not protesting in DC as well?

Are they all a bunch of retards?
They're probably afraid of the way certain iconic landmarks have been getting the shakes lately. I mean, who knows you know, one false step while occupying a space under the shadow of some unseen owl eye might trigger some n dimensional portal or wormhole that no matter how many times you click your heels, you ain't never gonna end up in Kansas! Capiche!

w

Moves
16 Oct 11
7 edits

Originally posted by kmax87
They're probably afraid of the way certain iconic landmarks have been getting the shakes lately. I mean, who knows you know, one false step while occupying a space under the shadow of some unseen owl eye might trigger some n dimensional portal or wormhole that no matter how many times you click your heels, you ain't never gonna end up in Kansas! Capiche!
These people cannot protest Washington because Obama is their messiah as well as government by in large. No matter what government does or has done, such as creating more wars or giving trillions of tax payer money to banks, they gets a free pass.

It's good work if you can get it!! 😵

Basically, all Obama has to do, and politicians like him, is smile in the camera and blame the Tea Party for the jobs bill from not passing and keep saying how the rich don't pay their "fair share". In the interim, corporations like GE who are in his back pocket pay no income tax with impunity.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Oct 11

The people "blaming Walll Street" were behind GWB's decision to bail them out?

What's even more hilarious is that you were fervently in favor of bailing the banks out at the time even accusing Democrats of wanting to "wreck the economy" if they opposed it.

HG

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by normbenign
There are lots of remote unoccupied lots in Detroit to "occupy". I hope the turds clean up after themselves.
That won't happen,, they'll tear everything up, crap in the streets and leave when they get too cold, or their favorite team is playing Sunday and can't miss the game...
if they really want to impress, they'll stick with it right through the winter?? fat chance..... too soft.

HG

Moves
16 Oct 11

The people "blaming Walll Street" were behind GWB's decision to bail them out?

What's even more hilarious is that you were fervently in favor of bailing the banks out at the time even accusing Democrats of wanting to "wreck the economy" if they opposed it.
a bar stool is the perfect place for you...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/occupy_detroit.jpg

Hey, look, it's me again (in the bull's-eye).
Radio might be your preferred media.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Oct 11

Radio might be your preferred media.
Ho, Ho, Mr. funny guy...ðŸ˜