1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 14:42
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    No
    Then you are making your assertions that he has "no right" to do this, and "no right" to do that on account of his nationality, right? But all he has been doing, as far as I am aware, is contributing to a debate. I am just trying to get you to be specific about on what it is you base your [apparent] assertion that his nationality means he has "no right" to express the views he does and to do so while physically in the U.S.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 14:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then you are making your assertions that he has "no right" to do this, and "no right" to do that on account of his nationality, right? But all he has been doing, as far as I am aware, is contributing to a debate. I am just trying to get you to be specific about on what it is you base your [apparent] assertion that his nationality means he has "no right" to express the views he does and to do so while physically in the U.S.
    He obviously has the legal right, just not a moral right. He left his country by free will. If he likes the laws in the UK better he should go back and enjoy those laws.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:00
    He obviously has the legal right, just not a moral right. He left his country by free will. If he likes the laws in the UK better he should go back and enjoy those laws.
    You would characterize him contributing to the debate as not "moral"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:01
    If he likes the laws in the UK better he should go back and enjoy those laws.
    But the topic of debate he is participating in is the gun laws in the U.S. and not the gun laws in the U.K.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    But the topic of debate he is participating in is the gun laws in the U.S. and not the gun laws in the U.K.
    That is not true. Morgan asked Alex Jones how many people were killed by guns in the UK. He is clearly interjecting UK gun laws into the debate.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:08
    That is not true. Morgan asked Alex Jones how many people were killed by guns in the UK. He is clearly interjecting UK gun laws into the debate.
    Yes but the topic of debate he is participating in is the gun laws in the U.S. There is no ongoing debate in the U.K. regarding changes to the law there.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no ongoing debate in the U.K. regarding changes to the law there.
    No. If there is a debate, it is about how best to reduce the number of gun murders down from 35 (or 60 depending on which statistics you use).

We are not convinced that allowing people to own an automatic weapon will achieve this. Or reduce crime overall.

And we don't feel this makes us more susceptible to tyranny.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 16:02
    I miss listening to Bob Chapman. He was a good guy. I was so bummed when he died.
    You said " you was so bummed when he died " 😲😲😲😲😲
    Must of been painfull !
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 19:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Petition starter or no petition starter, I doubt Piers Morgan would have bothered to have him on his show if he wasn't pretty sure he'd behave like that. It was incredibly inept advocacy.
    Morgan had a variety of progun people on his show. Each took Piers apart in his own way. Larry Pratt was soft spoken and gentle, and Piers acted almost like Alex Jones. Then he had Ted Nugent on, and Ted cut him a new one. Jesse Ventura really made Morgan look stupid, and did so with great flair. Joshua Boston quietly, and politely made Morgan look the fool.

You gotta be who you are, 'cause Piers will be who he is.
  10. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 21:45
    FACT:The name Piers is of Greek and English origin meaning dumb as a rock or stone. Just saying.

GRANNY.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 22:05
    Originally posted by smw6869
    FACT:The name Piers is of Greek and English origin meaning dumb as a rock or stone. Just saying.

GRANNY.
    He might be niave on the love of guns in the usa but i wouldn't call him dumb ,
    the only dumb ones are the ones running around with guns ,
    You ,(US) are not the land of free you are slaves to your secound amendment forever to hold the tigers tail .
  12. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 22:13
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He might be niave on the love of guns in the usa but i wouldn't call him dumb ,
    the only dumb ones are the ones running around with guns ,
    You ,(US) are not the land of free you are slaves to your secound amendment forever to hold the tigers tail .
    Nooooooo! Piers is dumb as the rock his parants named him after!

GRANNY.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 22:56
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Nooooooo! Piers is dumb as the rock his parants named him after!

GRANNY.
    I wish i was a few ££££'s behind him ,he's so dumb ?
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 05:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I'm sick to death of the gun debates. I guess it beats talking about gay sex and gay marriage. They will do anything to distract us from the coming fiscal doom.
    What about the Republican forced sonograms.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 09:571 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    What about the Republican forced sonograms.
    Can I suggest you post this as separate thread? I would be interested to see if anyone would try and defend this and I would certainly like to know more.

I would post it, but I think it would be helpful to have some of the background context in the OP and you are better placed to do this than me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree