Propaganda by omission?

Propaganda by omission?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
So your evidence that South Korea wants to invade North Korea is that the previous President called them and Iraq evil, and that he invaded Iraq?

Are we talking about the former President of the US or the current President of South Korea?

How can you possibly not see the absurdity in your argument?
You genuinely think Obama is different than Bush don't you. I know they are different people, but you think Obama's foreign policy goals are not consistent with past presidents. You are stuck in this "left vs. right paradigm" and it has clouded your judgement.

Perhaps you lack the knowledge of history I have. Maybe these links will bring you around.

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/6/9/remembering_the_dead_reagan_armed_iraq

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9802/18/town.meeting.folo/

Perhaps you think Obama is different than Bill Clinton but I don't see that. Obama is priming Iran for an invasion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8135414.stm

Do you support military action against Iran?

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by Metal Brain
You genuinely think Obama is different than Bush don't you. I know they are different people, but you think Obama's foreign policy goals are not consistent with past presidents. You are stuck in this "left vs. right paradigm" and it has clouded your judgement.

Perhaps you lack the knowledge of history I have. Maybe these links will bring you around.
...[text shortened]... news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8135414.stm

Do you support military action against Iran?
Obama spoke out publicly against the Iraq war right from the start. But more importantly, Obama is not the President of South Korea. What evidence do you have that South Korea wants to invade North Korea?

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13

Obama spoke out publicly against the Iraq war right from the start. But more importantly, Obama is not the President of South Korea. What evidence do you have that South Korea wants to invade North Korea?
I don't care what he said before he was in the Senate and my question was about Iran, not Iraq. Do you support bombing Iran like Obama does?

I'll answer your question when you answer mine.

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

I don't care what he said before he was in the Senate and my question was about Iran, not Iraq. Do you support bombing Iran like Obama does?

I'll answer your question when you answer mine.
The entire basis for your argument that South Korea wants to invade North Korea is that the former US President called a Iraq, Iran and North Korea the "axis of evil", and that the former President invaded Iraq.

Whether you "care" that Obama opposed the Iraq war, the fact is he did oppose it and he is not the President of South Korea. You have absolutely no evidence that South Korea wants to invade North Korea.

No, I don't believe Obama wants to invade Iran.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13
1 edit

The entire basis for your argument that South Korea wants to invade North Korea is that the former US President called a Iraq, Iran and North Korea the "axis of evil", and that the former President invaded Iraq.

Whether you "care" that Obama opposed the Iraq war, the fact is he did oppose it and he is not the President of South Korea. You have a ...[text shortened]... South Korea wants to invade North Korea.

No, I don't believe Obama wants to invade Iran.
Obama condones the bombing of Iran by Israel. Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb.
He knows full well that Iran will strike back at Israel in retaliation. Are you really this clueless? Do you really think Obama will not get involved?

I never said that South Korea wants to invade the DPRK. I said that the DPRK fears that the USA and South Korea will.

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Obama condones the bombing of Iran by Israel. Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb.
He knows full well that Iran will strike back at Israel in retaliation. Are you really this clueless? Do you really think Obama will not get involved?

I never said that South Korea wants to invade the DPRK. I said that the DPRK fears that the USA and South Korea will.
Can you link a video of Obama saying Iran isn't trying to develop nuclear weapons? Thanks.

If you don't think South Korea wants to invade North Korea why didn't you just say that instead of feebly presenting the evidence I asked for the last 2 pages?

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13
1 edit

Can you link a video of Obama saying Iran isn't trying to develop nuclear weapons? Thanks.

If you don't think South Korea wants to invade North Korea why didn't you just say that instead of feebly presenting the evidence I asked for the last 2 pages?
Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program. It has a uranium enrichment program. That is all.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-14/obama-says-iran-still-more-than-a-year-away-from-nuclear-weapon.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-08/iran-nuclear-weapons/52451620/1

You really like to misquote me a lot. I didn't say I don't think South Korea wants to invade North Korea. I said North Korea probably believes the USA and South Korea want to. North Korea has claimed that South Korea is a puppet of the USA on many occasions and they probably are. I think Israel is too.

Bill Clinton wanted to invade Iraq using the same reasons that Bush later used. Jimmy Carter supported the Shah of Iran when the Shah was a puppet of the USA. It doesn't matter if a democrat is in office rather than a republican. Foreign policy goals stay the same.

I didn't try to present any evidence that South Korea wanted to invade anybody. All I was trying to show was that North Korea had reason to believe that. You can't stay on topic. Either that or you are purposely digressing to avoid addressing the real topic. I don't think you like talking about Iran because you know Obama is being unreasonable about Iran.

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program. It has a uranium enrichment program. That is all.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-14/obama-says-iran-still-more-than-a-year-away-from-nuclear-weapon.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-08/iran-nuclear-weapons/52451620/1

You really like to misquote me a lot. I didn't say ...[text shortened]... tter if a democrat is in office rather than a republican. Foreign policy goals stay the same.
You said, "Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Was that statement true or false?

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13

You said, "Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Obama certainly has implied that Iran wants to, but he knows they have no nuclear weapons program. They can't build a nuclear weapon without highly enriched uranium so they are clearly not building one.
There is certainly no evidence that Iran wants to build a nuclear bomb. Obama is just throwing around empty claims without evidence. Iran does want nuclear power and nothing indicates they are going anywhere other than that goal.

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Obama certainly has implied that Iran wants to, but he knows they have no nuclear weapons program. They can't build a nuclear weapon without highly enriched uranium so they are clearly not building one.
There is certainly no evidence that Iran wants to build a nuclear bomb. Obama is just throwing around empty claims without evidence. Iran does want nuclear power and nothing indicates they are going anywhere other than that goal.
He didn't merely imply they want to, and he flat out said they are trying to.

So when you said, "Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Houston, Texas

Moves
09 Apr 13

Those drills have been going on since long before Obama took office. The reason they're close to the border is because that's where are troops are, and where they need to be.
The North-Korean apologist Metal Brain never responded directly to the above succinct point. The last thing we want to do is to move the drills south where they would not make sense and also would convey a skiddish weakness to North Korea. That would only entice their idiot leader to be more beligerent and agressive. I never realized that Metal Brain was unpatriotic.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13

He didn't merely imply they want to, and he flat out said they are trying to.

So when you said, "Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Obama has no evidence and is making false claims he can't back up. Fact: Iran has no nuclear weapons program. End of story.

There is a difference between wanting to in the future and actually building one. The claim that Iran wants to has no merit. That is mere theory and/or allegation that cannot be proven.

Summary: Obama is a liar that makes claims without evidence. He is promoting propaganda just like Bush did with Iraq.

MB

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by moon1969
The North-Korean apologist Metal Brain never responded directly to the above succinct point. The last thing we want to do is to move the drills south where they would not make sense and also would convey a skiddish weakness to North Korea. That would only entice their idiot leader to be more beligerent and agressive. I never realized that Metal Brain was unpatriotic.
Make the case that military war games must be done off shore to North Korea and not further south. I have seen no logical reason for this that makes any sense. Tell me why that area is so important other than bullying.

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Obama has no evidence and is making false claims he can't back up. Fact: Iran has no nuclear weapons program. End of story.

There is a difference between wanting to in the future and actually building one. The claim that Iran wants to has no merit. That is mere theory and/or allegation that cannot be proven.

Summary: Obama is a liar that makes claims without evidence. He is promoting propaganda just like Bush did with Iraq.
First you said, "Obama has stated on the record that Iran is not trying to build a nuclear bomb."

Now you say, "Obama has no evidence and is making false claims he can't back up."

So is Obama falsely claiming Iran is NOT trying to build a bomb, or are you just contradicting yourself all over the place?

U

Moves
09 Apr 13

Make the case that military war games must be done off shore to North Korea and not further south. I have seen no logical reason for this that makes any sense. Tell me why that area is so important other than bullying.
There is literally nothing anyone can say that will make you change your mind, regardless of the fact that you know nothing about military training or how the military functions.