Question for conservatives

Question for conservatives

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
03 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
Boosted the morale. You do realize that Russians see him as a dictator, right? Remember Pussy Riot, and the uproar over them getting jailed and mistreated for merely protesting Putin? Remember the outcry at all the anti-gay laws? On top of everything, he's most definitely lowered the morale of those in Crimea.
He is your standard cookie cutter tyrant. They are a dime a dozen. The only reason he is special is because he has WMD's.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
03 Apr 14

Boosted the morale? You do realize that Russians see him as a dictator, right? Remember Pussy Riot, and the uproar over them getting jailed and mistreated for merely protesting Putin? Remember the outcry at all the anti-gay laws? On top of everything, he's most definitely lowered the morale of those in Crimea.
He's lowered the morale of Crimeans so much that they're flying Russian flag everywhere, and the referendum to join Russia passed with something like 97% of the vote.

rain

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey

As for handling Putin, it best helps to know what he goals are which I think is the reunification of the former USSR. Maybe Obama should use the manpower of the NSA to try and figure it out rather than spying on conservatives and trying to hunt them down with the IRS.

Crazy talk, I know.
This doesn't answer the question. So I'll clarify.

What SPECIFICALLY should Obama do about Putin? You say he should spy on Putin, but it's a pretty safe bet that U.S. has been doing this since before Obama was first elected.

So...any ideas? I mean, it's pretty easy to criticize while not having a solution yourself.

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by sasquatch672
He's lowered the morale of Crimeans so much that they're flying Russian flag everywhere, and the referendum to join Russia passed with something like 97% of the vote.
The guy who's been accused multiple times of rigging his elections and voter fraud, won an election in a country he just took over with military force.

Do I need to go further?

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14

And Squatch, I like how you completely dodged everything I said about how Russians view him, to attack a point I tacked on at the end. An unconscious way of admitting I'm right?

D

Moves
04 Apr 14

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
04 Apr 14

Why do you vilify Obama for drone strikes, yet glorify Putin as a great leader with "a big dick"? Had Obama taken over another nation, would your view of him improve?
Crimea river. Vilify or vivify?

D

Moves
04 Apr 14

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
100,000 Russians protested his last re-election in the streets. But I see your point about Western sources. What do believe is a reliable non-western source for English speakers?

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Unfortunately, I made my last post from my phone, so I couldn't post it in time to disprove Duchess' accusation about me.

Let me remind you, that the reason you were heavily mocked and run off the chess forum, is because you act like a pompous shrew. I have no problem admitting wrong, but you do. This is why our problems started, when I proved you wrong about an issue on an abortion thread, and you're still bitter about it, based on your unprovoked little insults about me.

Why don't you learn from your past mistakes, and show some humility, before you get embarrassed again, like on the chess forum?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Apr 14

Why do you vilify Obama for drone strikes, yet glorify Putin as a great leader with "a big dick"? Had Obama taken over another nation, would your view of him improve?
I suspect you don't know what conservative's think of Vladmir Putin.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Apr 14

Ok. This is my last question.

A: Do you think a woman president is a bad idea, since you can't get much more effeminate than that?

B: How should Obama handle the Russian superpower? War?
Sometimes handling a bully is as simple as proving you mean what you say. It may mean going to the brink of war, as Kennedy did.

rain

Moves
04 Apr 14

Originally posted by normbenign
I suspect you don't know what conservative's think of Vladmir Putin.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/07/jon-stewart-fox-news-putin-shirtless-obama-mom-jeans-daily-show_n_4919517.html

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Apr 14

Ok. This is my last question.

A: Do you think a woman president is a bad idea, since you can't get much more effeminate than that?

B: How should Obama handle the Russian superpower? War?
I think a female president, could be as forceful and believable as any man. It would depend on the man or the woman in particular. The woman would have to be stronger and more forceful, and would be more likely to be tested by opponents than the man of equal stature.