1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 19:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah... so if somebody generalizes that gives you the right to do the same?

If someone shoots a kid, that gives you the right to shoot their kid???

What the hell's that all about?
    Funny how you ignore the first kid being shot.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 08:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I understand the argument that Vivify was making. The most common comparison of Obama and Putin here in America usually involves a picture of Obama looking ridiculous, say while riding a bicycle, while Putin is shown bare-chested with a rifle, or engaging in some other 'manly' activity.

I've heard more than one person make the assertion that Putin is a real man and Barack Obama is something less. While biologically, I'm sure that Putin and Obama meet the standards for "maleness", the point of the comparisons is that Obama is a weak leader, while Putin is strong and assertive.

For my piece, I will say that I agree with the sentiment that Obama is a weak, ineffectual, and demoralizing leader. That will come as no surprise to you or any other regular reader of this forum. He seems to believe one of two things: either he does not believe that the United States has a role in world affairs, or he disdains the past efforts of the United States and believes it must pay a penance and sit out this round.

Show me a nation in all of history whose leader believed its power and influence should shrink.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 18:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 19:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A more experienced and serious President might have refrained from making declarations and threats and drawing lines in the sand. I don't know that GW Bush was any better equipped that Obama to determine a situation where the US had no interest, and no power.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree