Republican House majority

Republican House majority

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Nov 22

@wildgrass said
I want them to write an immigration bill. I bet they won't though.
Hell, I would be happy to go back to the way. The immigration bill has always been for the last decades. Why do you liberals always think you have to change things.

w

Moves
27 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
Hell, I would be happy to go back to the way. The immigration bill has always been for the last decades. Why do you liberals always think you have to change things.
Wow, now I'm quite confused. Do you know what the word change means?

Are you ok with the current US immigration policy?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
There are a lot, a very, very, very lot, a lot of very smart people in government, and in business, and some in both parties that would fully disagree with you. You can pull that weak argument all day long, but it does not negate the basic principle of paying off legitimate loans for some people , while other people, the sons and daughters of the middle class that you spe ...[text shortened]... say, I hate somebody, I hate the people to get these loans and not pay it back. That is who I hate.
Stop being such a pathetic liar, Joe; the idea that you expend this level of bile and hate at these people merely because they might wind up not paying the full amount of their prior debt doesn't pass the smell test.

You have not created dozens of threads insisting that all bankruptcy laws be repealed have you?

You have not said a word criticizing the dozens of members of Congress and hundreds of thousands of businesses that had loans given during the pandemic forgiven by the government, have you?

Stop being so full of crap.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Nov 22

@AverageJoe1
In other words, REVENGE, PAYBACK, that is what Zombies are up to now, FORGET policy, they already said there will be ZERO policy, ONLY revenge.

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Nov 22
1 edit

@wildgrass said
We gave them the power. What should they do with it?

1) enact legislation to fight inflation?
2) pass immigration legislation that is more in line with US economic needs?
3) crime bill?
4) find ways to cut government spending?

I am willing to go on the record and say that none of those things will even be attempted by Republican leadership over the next two years. ...[text shortened]... - maybe Hunter Biden again? Benghazi for the 40th time?

- Impeach Biden. That'll fix immigration.
— Tax cut for the ultra/rich.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Nov 22

@wildgrass said
Wow, now I'm quite confused. Do you know what the word change means?

Are you ok with the current US immigration policy?
No. Do you see what it has done to our country. Let's put it where it was with Reagan, or tell us why change it.

w

Moves
27 Nov 22
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Stop being such a pathetic liar, Joe; the idea that you expend this level of bile and hate at these people merely because they might wind up not paying the full amount of their prior debt doesn't pass the smell test.

You have not created dozens of threads insisting that all bankruptcy laws be repealed have you?

You have not said a word criticizing the dozens of memb ...[text shortened]... loans given during the pandemic forgiven by the government, have you?

Joe's been consistent on this. If you don't own a business, then government handouts like this are unfair and morally bad.

But if you own a business you should have as much free money from the government as you can convince government to give you.

And if you're rich, you should do whatever it takes to avoid paying taxes.

The moral hazard of government-industrial complexes never seems to surface as an issue. Just keep giving companies money and hope they're spending it in the taxpayers best interest.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
27 Nov 22

@no1marauder said

You have not said a word criticizing the dozens of memb ...[text shortened]... loans given during the pandemic forgiven by the government, have you?

Titie 11? This was a law Passed By Congress to allow for bankruptcy, that is for another thread.
There is NO LAW about forgiving loans to individuals who have borrowed tuitions. Joe Biden told Jill at pillow talk that he is going to let $500B in loans disappear.
So here you are, equating the 2?? Shame, man. You are confusing everybody here. And you stoop to buttering it up emotionally, mentioning hate? I am on economics and law, myself. What are you on? Maybe visit the psychology thread. And frankly, I feel more sorry for vets with no limbs than I do whining students who can't meet their commitments. Take your pick. I cannot for the life of me see how you and Biden think this is so important.

Moves
29 Nov 22

@wildgrass
Sounds eerily similar to what the Democrats did when Trump was elected.

Investigation after investigation.

w

Moves
29 Nov 22
1 edit

@liljo said
@wildgrass
Sounds eerily similar to what the Democrats did when Trump was elected.

Investigation after investigation.
Lol really? You weren't paying attention. Democrats were in the minority for the first two years and then they wrote all the COVID relief bills and the cares act while Republicans grumbled about who gets to use whose bathroom. Republicans whined while Democrats worked.

When Republicans had all the power in 2017? Not one immigration bill was even written. Not one.

And don't get me wrong. I don't like what Democrats are doing. But that's what Democrats do. They love spending bills. I just wish Republicans could act the part after the audition is over.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Nov 22
1 edit

@wildgrass said
Lol really? You weren't paying attention. Democrats were in the minority for the first two years and then they wrote all the COVID relief bills and the cares act while Republicans grumbled about who gets to use whose bathroom. Republicans whined while Democrats worked.

When Republicans had all the power in 2017? Not one immigration bill was even written. Not one.

And ...[text shortened]... do. They love spending bills. I just wish Republicans could act the part after the audition is over.
They don’t have a part anymore they are a fringe of republicans holding on to the coattails of a cult of personality.
For the base politics is how you air your grievances and suppress the other the last thing they are interested in is economics or having a actual immigration policy, the immigration issue is a vehicle for racist soundbites rather than an issue in itself.

w

Moves
02 Dec 22
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
They don’t have a part anymore they are a fringe of republicans holding on to the coattails of a cult of personality.
For the base politics is how you air your grievances and suppress the other the last thing they are interested in is economics or having a actual immigration policy, the immigration issue is a vehicle for racist soundbites rather than an issue in itself.
That's too bad. We have an immigration problem. Republicans constantly talk about it and voters eat it like candy. But no one cares if their elected representatives attempt to fix it.