1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 23:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    ... Clinton Foundation... cough-cough... Haiti...
    ...cough... Republican narrative... ...cough... Sean Hannity... cough... Rush Limbaugh... ...cough...

Fox News has told millions of Republicans in the heartland lies for years. All so that they eventually are deceived into supporting a demagogue who laughs at their naivete and who ruins government and our standing in the world. This is not actually what they signed up for when they bought into the narrative, but they still support the lie regardless of reality. This is called 'indoctrination'. Hook, line, and sinker.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 23:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ...cough... Republican narrative... ...cough... Sean Hannity... cough... Rush Limbaugh... ...cough...

Fox News has told millions of Republicans in the heartland lies for years. All so that they eventually are deceived into supporting a demagogue who laughs at their naivete and who ruins government and our standing in the world. This is not actually wha ...[text shortened]... upport the lie regardless of reality. This is called 'indoctrination'. Hook, line, and sinker.
    No one likes being surprised with loud noises, so--- if you will, please--- mind your ears as I pop your balloon.

Not only are they ALL playing the same game, they are ALL on the same team--- and you're not on it, and I'm not on it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 23:50
    No one likes being surprised with loud noises, so--- if you will, please--- mind your ears as I pop your balloon.

Not only are they ALL playing the same game, they are ALL on the same team--- and you're not on it, and I'm not on it.
    "... AND the earth is flat."

Just shut up.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 00:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "... AND the earth is flat."

Just shut up.
    Don't hold back your anger.
    Let it overpower you.
    Maybe your Big Wednesday moment will wake you from your slumber.

But, I doubt it.
    So sleep soundly, butterfly.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 03:37
    I am not sure if this is an accurate portrayal of what Eric Trump was acutally trying to communicate.

To me, it sounded more like the "they're not even human" offhand remark was just him emphasizing his disgust at them not taking time to try to objectively evaluate Pres. Trump or the information that is available.

I do not know, though, I am not that interested in getting too involved in this debate... I think there might be a gap between the honesty that I want to have in such a discussion and the partisan response that will be given to whatever I say.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 03:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You live in Denmark or some such? Don't think you would like being downwind from megaton nuke blasts.
    All in the name of comedy! All, I tells ya!

Look, when writing comedy, you have to escalate the joke.
    How can this end any funnier than it already is?

There's only two satisfactory conclusions:
    A nuclear war started by Trump screaming into a camera: "I don't have small hands, John Oliver broke me and the world!"

Or, just before he's dragged off to prison, he pulls off his mask and turns out to be an alien-lizard-thing.

Which one's more realistic?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 04:42
    Our (Australian) right wing is like your left wing , so I have trouble understanding and adjusting to U.S. politics.
    Seem to learn more here than on T.V. and in the papers.
    Carry on ...
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 04:432 edits
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Wouldn't it be funny if Trump, hounded into a corner by reality, decides to go out by nuking Russia?

Damn... that would be Python crossed with Dr. Strangelove dipped in Bill Hicks.

I'd love it!
    You'd love it??

edit: I mean I'm a huge fan of Bills an all ,but ...
    edit: ok so it's a joke .Harrr ,, rrmmm !
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 04:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 04:48
    Originally posted by Jacob Verville
    I am not sure if this is an accurate portrayal of what Eric Trump was acutally trying to communicate.

To me, it sounded more like the "they're not even human" offhand remark was just him emphasizing his disgust at them not taking time to try to objectively evaluate Pres. Trump or the information that is available.

I do not know, though, I am n ...[text shortened]... ant to have in such a discussion and the partisan response that will be given to whatever I say.
    you think this is a 'debate' so far?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 06:04
    Don't hold back your anger.
    Let it overpower you.
    Maybe your Big Wednesday moment will wake you from your slumber.

But, I doubt it.
    So sleep soundly, butterfly.
    Gravity doesn't exist... just shut up.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 09:01

Lets take your own interpretation of Erics remark.
    In expressing his disgust, Eric uses what many people would take to be an insult. Now insults - especially those that go a bit too far, are, apparently exactly what Eric was complaining about. In fact, we could rightly ask whether or not Eric Trump has taken the time to objectively evaluate the information that is available about the people he is complaining about.

Now lets ask whether or not Eric is justified in expressing such disgust. Is there any evidence that people have not tried to objectively evaluate Pres. Trump? If so, what, in your opinion would an objective evaluation look like?

I do not know, though, I am not that interested in getting too involved in this debate... I think there might be a gap between the honesty that I want to have in such a discussion and the partisan response that will be given to whatever I say.
    Sounds like you are preemptively dismissing anything you might not agree with as a 'partisan response'. Now that is a 'gap between honesty' and yourself.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 09:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    People like yourself want government to assume the position of the corporation and run everything. Somehow that will make everything OK cuz they are such great people and the rest are rotters.

I reckon it's all about having a monopoly and undisputed control that no other power and be appealed to when the said monopoly becomes either abusive or corrupt, which they all become eventually.
    It's actually called abrigation of responsibility. You want to go with the myth of the benign business? They would be quite happy going back to 14 hour work days and 4 bucks an hour wages so they can pump up their bottom line so the CEO's and their buddies get their third mansion and 4th yacht.

It is one of the jobs of government to be a watchdog over companies who would otherwise just run over the worker and drag them into the ground. There is no compassion in big companies, just how much can we pump out to sell using the cheapest labor we can find.

You think otherwise? Prove how benign companies are then. Then tell me how tiny government will ride herd on them.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 12:351 edit
    I do not understand the quoting system on this cite so I will have to just come back to post again later. I am out of time. But I will get back to you, twhitehead.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 13:23

I do not know, though, I am n ...[text shortened]... ant to have in such a discussion and the partisan response that will be given to whatever I say.
    I don't need a chemical analysis to know that sewer water is not fit for drinking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree