1. Germany
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 20:33
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ha!

The market really agrees with you on that one.
    The market doesn't agree with me on religion or alternative medicine, that doesn't mean those products/services have any merit.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 20:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The market doesn't agree with me on religion or alternative medicine, that doesn't mean those products/services have any merit.
    Yeah, but you not liking it doesn't mean that it doesn't have any merit.

There are definite issues with itunes and well, any technology out there.

Apple's products are and were successful for good reason though.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 21:04
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Yeah, but you not liking it doesn't mean that it doesn't have any merit.

There are definite issues with itunes and well, any technology out there.

Apple's products are and were successful for good reason though.
    They were successful because they were hyped and because of the cult surrounding Apple and Steve Jobs. Not because of any other reason. Quite similar to religion and alternative medicine, actually.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 21:16
    Apple computers are preferred in industries where images and sounds need to be top quality.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 21:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Apple computers are preferred in industries where images and sounds need to be top quality.
    Which is moronic because for the same money you can get a non-Apple computer with a superior graphics card and/or monitor and/or audio output.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 00:16
    They were successful because they were hyped and because of the cult surrounding Apple and Steve Jobs. Not because of any other reason. Quite similar to religion and alternative medicine, actually.
    I disagree, but I'd rather not argue with an anti-fanboi right now so I'll let it go at that.
  7. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 00:40
    http://oobly.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-at-the-gates-of-heaven-cartoon_450/
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 02:24
    Jobs is dead.

It's an omen I tell ya!!
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 02:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yeah, as a graphics professional, I use nothin' but Macs! They're the industry standard.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 03:27
    Yea, sonny.

When I was a wee ladd, we didn't have them newfangled I-thigums. We walked 20 miles to school each way, in the snow, even in July. It built character.
    Go read a book. Oops, you don't read them. I'd call you but I don't have a cell phone. Never had one and never will.

Things ain't better today. We live in our own cylos..at least you techno geeks do. Pathetic life if you ask me.
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 03:271 edit
    Yea, sonny.

When I was a wee ladd, we didn't have them newfangled I-thigums. We walked 20 miles to school each way, in the snow, even in July. It built character.
    He was a genious, but he's part of a long line of people who ruined the world like Edison, Graham Bell, and Ford.

All right I'm almost kidding.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 06:07
    Which is moronic because for the same money you can get a non-Apple computer with a superior graphics card and/or monitor and/or audio output.
    Check your timeline on that one, as to when the pc product does better for less.
    Also see how long your cigarette break has to be trying to render anything or save a project and work out why Apple is the AV industry standard. At its most basic, the Apple will pretty much always do more per clock cycle than any other similarly priced and spec'd box.

There are many reasons to not buy an Apple product, but you will not win an argument with an IT professional around their general ease of use from first unboxing to being able to use the thing, more efficient use of hardware, system architecture...

And I have never owned a mac and am unlikely to ever own one in the future. It does not make me blind to the fact that for the past 15 years or so windows machines have been playing a long game of catch-up.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 09:35
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Check your timeline on that one, as to when the pc product does better for less.
    Also see how long your cigarette break has to be trying to render anything or save a project and work out why Apple is the AV industry standard. At its most basic, the Apple will pretty much always do more per clock cycle than any other similarly priced and spec'd box.

There ...[text shortened]... ct that for the past 15 years or so windows machines have been playing a long game of catch-up.
    Why would an "IT professional" care about "ease of use"?
  14. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 11:30
    Why would an "IT professional" care about "ease of use"?
    200 employees, 300 devices.

similar rate of failure among brands-check;
    (no clear winners here-Apples fail just as reliably)

Time setting up new computers -PC fail
    Time spent upgrading/updating existing OS-PC fail
    Time spent cleaning virus'ed machines-PC fail
    Time spent installing new software-PC fail

And this is not just random info off apple fanboy blogs out there. I have one friend who runs a PC lab for engineering students, who hates the machines, and he is not a mac user...and another who is part of an IT dept of a large city firm who is also not a mac user.

What it boils down to is that if you have a reasonable amount of technical nous, then PC's are a dream, and you reap the benefits of their flexibility, modyfiability, DIY buildability etc etc. My usual joke is ....MAC?...PC's for dummies!

I don't have the facts to back this up, but in the real world most people wouldn't know the difference between norton and avast(one purports to give you confidence in a connected world, while the other is a really neat, effective, free antivirus program) or whether or not to upgrade their dell to W7 pro with an i7 and 8gig of ram, and all they really want to use it for is browse gootube and sit on flakebook all day. In this sort of real world, the more macs people use, the easier life gets for IT pros.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 17:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yeah, as a graphics professional, I use nothin' but Macs! They're the industry standard.
    We used them in the biology lab to analyze pictures of thin layer chromatography plates too. Scientists seem to prefer them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree