Scientists want global warming skeptics prosecuted

Scientists want global warming skeptics prosecuted

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
28 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
yes, because an ignorant saying they haven't trumps actual facts.
The facts are out there. And you know that.
But you are a propagandist. A very unstable one I might add.
You continue with your Al Gore mantras but less and less people are listening Zahlanzi. This angers you.
You become louder and louder, more nasty with each post that contradicts your propaganda.
You and Al Gore have been exposed Zahlanzi.
Take your hockey stick, run along and go play now.

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by utherpendragon
You continue with your Al Gore mantras but less and less people are listening Zahlanzi. This angers you.
You become louder and louder, more nasty with each post that contradicts your propaganda.
Ad hominem nonsense

j

Moves
28 Sep 15

the problem with all of this, is that there is such a massive gravy train that "has" to be stopped. trillions of dollars are being fed into this and the few that benefit the most are the biggest drivers of this.
--To me it is not so relevant that any " so called" climate event is deemed man made or not, to me that is not necessary, as I believe that we need to put effort into clean energy regardless.
there are better ways out there to do this than tax tax tax and pay pay pay.
To me one good way would be to encourage people to go green with direct benefits for doing so. I put solar power on recently and find that the feed in tariff is dropping and the " pay on time" discounts offered by the electricity companies are less. regular consumers get a 30% discount but I get only 20%.
If these climate alarmists where fair dinkum about all this, tell me this.-- Why would they not pool there resources into starting a company that would actually encourage the use of green power?. because they do not believe there own tripe.
We need to be green, clean, etc for many reasons but "not" based on global warm--- no wait , I mean climate change c@#p.
I, funnily enough, do not care about it being true or not. it is not relevant, but we do need to get clean.
in Aussie, one of our leading alarmist, Making a fortune out of scaring everyone, ( well the gullible anyway) preached that the sea levels where going to rise at a phenomenal rate just 1 year before he brought a seaside house. Duh, are we stupid or was he ?
Where big money goes the corrupt will follow, or is it, where the corrupt go big money follows.
All I say for sure is "STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN".

K

Germany

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by jimmac

If these climate alarmists where fair dinkum about all this, tell me this.-- Why would they not pool there resources into starting a company that would actually encourage the use of green power?. because they do not believe there own tripe.
You expect scientists who are researching the climate to all quit their jobs and start selling solar panels?

Cape Town

Moves
28 Sep 15
1 edit

I, funnily enough, do not care about it being true or not.
Yes, its hilarious. You spend much of your post demanding that everyone else care so much that they invest their money in particular things, but you personally don't give a #$%&@.
You are being illogical. The question is why are you being illogical? What are you so concerned about?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
After delving extremely deeply, I managed to find this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Scientific understanding of global warming is increasing. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reported in 2014 that scientists were more than 95% certain that most of global warming is caused by increasing concentrations of ...[text shortened]... recognized by the national science academies of the major industrialized nations.[10][b]
I suspect that you have the same problem as zahlanzi, English is your second language, so we cut you some slack. zhalanzi thought you could google the exact temperature

z: "warmer. you can google the exact amount."

...we all know that ain't going to happen.

...and now you have copy pasted some forecasts, predictions and what some might call 'dream feelings'. The IPCC has had to adjust their forecasts, a graph of the adjustments might be called the reverse hockey stick.

Let's examine a piece of your copy/paste.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reported in 2014 that scientists were more than 95% certain that most of global warming is caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases and other human (anthropogenic)activities

woooo, 95% sounds scary right, what does it mean. Not much really, if one scientist was 96% sure and another one scientist was 94% sure that's all it would take for that statement to be true. It typifies the language used by the panic merchants.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by Wajoma

woooo, 95% sounds scary right, what does it mean. Not much really, if one scientist was 96% sure and another one scientist was 94% sure that's all it would take for that statement to be true. It typifies the language used by the panic merchants.
It means that climate change models have a margin of error and statistical uncertainty.

Z

Moves
28 Sep 15

"The facts are out there. And you know that."
i do know the facts are out there. and they say that the global average has been increasing in the last 40-50 years.

"You continue with your Al Gore mantras but less and less people are listening Zahlanzi. "
it's funny that you keep doing the al gore mantra even though i never mentioned al gore except to say that he is not the global warming messiah. you can't let him go because he is more easily dismantled than the 97% of real scientists who agree that global warming (better said, climate change) is real and is caused by humans. you think that people won't notice that you try to shame the whole scientific community by proving one man wrong.

al gore is not the voice of climate change. the 97% of the scientific community are the voice of climate change. facts are the voice of climate change. facts say that the global average has been rising.

Z

Moves
28 Sep 15

the problem with all of this, is that there is such a massive gravy train that "has" to be stopped. trillions of dollars are being fed into this and the few that benefit the most are the biggest drivers of this.
--To me it is not so relevant that any " so called" climate event is deemed man made or not, to me that is not necessary, as I believe that we need ...[text shortened]... s it, where the corrupt go big money follows.
All I say for sure is "STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN".
"trillions of dollars are being fed into this"
proof for this?

"Why would they not pool there resources into starting a company that would actually encourage the use of green power?. because they do not believe there own tripe. "
or because they are scientists, not billionaires

Z

Moves
28 Sep 15
1 edit

I suspect that you have the same problem as zahlanzi, English is your second language, so we cut you some slack. zhalanzi thought you could google the exact temperature

...and now you have copy pasted some forecasts, predictions and what some might call 'd ...[text shortened]... ould take for that statement to be true. It typifies the language used by the panic merchants.
the wording is off.

the scientists are not more than 95% certain that climate change is real and man made.
more than 95% of the scientists are 100% certain that climate change is real and man made.

Z

Moves
28 Sep 15

...and now you have copy pasted some forecasts, predictions and what some might call 'd ...[text shortened]... ould take for that statement to be true. It typifies the language used by the panic merchants.
"and now you have copy pasted some forecasts, predictions and what some might call 'dream feelings'. "

he posted the first link he came across to mock your ignorance and unwillingness to look something that is plastered all over the internet.

"we all know that ain't going to happen."
i know it won't. you can't be bothered to google it and i definitely won't google it for you. i am not debating something that everyone knows to be true except the ignorant and a few prostitute scientists, whoring themselves to whoever pays the most.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
28 Sep 15
2 edits

"The facts are out there. And you know that."
i do know the facts are out there. and they say that the global average has been increasing in the last 40-50 years.

"You continue with your Al Gore mantras but less and less people are listening Zahlanzi. "
it's funny that you keep doing the al gore mantra even though i never mentioned al gore except to ...[text shortened]... hange. facts are the voice of climate change. facts say that the global average has been rising.
First , Heres a fact for ya Zahlanzi ,the warming has been 0.8 degrees over the past 150 years, and has tapered off to essentially nothing in the last (roughly) 18 years.

Second, Where do you get this 97% from ?

And what exactly does this 97% agree upon ? That "climate change is real" ?
What does that mean? That climate changes? Interesting.

Or does it mean that man has some impact? How much of an impact? So much so that we shouldn’t use fossil fuels?

Or that we should tax the hell out of US citizens and redistribute the money to third world countries?

Is that what the 97% agree upon? Tell me exactly what they agree upon.

Do they agree with the b.s. that the catastrophists like Obama, Kerry, Gore, are spewing all over the world ? That its man made and "dangerous" ? [Obama]
Is that what the 97% agree upon?

Or as Kerry put it "...they [the 97%] agree that, if we continue to go down the same path that we are going down today, the world as we know it will change—and it will change dramatically for the worse."

Tell me, The 97% agree with what Obama and Kerry are saying ?

j

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
You expect scientists who are researching the climate to all quit their jobs and start selling solar panels?
I did not say this, I am referring to those on the gravy train and there are lots of them. they are supposed to care so much.

j

Moves
28 Sep 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yes, its hilarious. You spend much of your post demanding that everyone else care so much that they invest their money in particular things, but you personally don't give a #$%&@.
You are being illogical. The question is why are you being illogical? What are you so concerned about?
I am sorry that you read my post that way, What I said was " I, funnily enough, do not care about it being true or not. it is not relevant, but we do need to get clean.". I do care about being " green" just stop the finger pointing game.
I did not " demand" anyone care, just that those that do, care constructively. let those that "care" so much play there game in a constructive manner, not destructive. And let those that don't care alone. where did I "demand " anything of anyone. This is all about choice.

j

Moves
28 Sep 15

"trillions of dollars are being fed into this"
proof for this?

"Why would they not pool there resources into starting a company that would actually encourage the use of green power?. because they do not believe there own tripe. "
or because they are scientists, not billionaires
I am not referring to the scientist here, I am referring to the gravy train, that incidentally does have some scientists attached to it. there are plenty of rich alarmists out there. Again I say, we should act as though there "may" be a problem because "what if", but I frankly don't care much who is right and who is wrong. I tend to not believe but so what, I still think clean is logical.