Squatters can legally take over your home

Squatters can legally take over your home

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
51d

@wildgrass said
Squatters rights are a part of property law so every landowner should know about it. If the property is not in use, trespassing is difficult to argue.

This actually happened to someone in my family in the 1970s. He owned a piece of land and the neighbor built a giant pond that extended into our property almost a half acre. Squatters law gave him rights to that piece of land.
Yes, laws of adverse possession and the little-known prescriptive rights are definitely enforceable.

Lake Como

Moves
51d

@wildgrass said
You're talking trespassing, squatting is different.
? SAWgrass, see my post. It does not say trespass, or suggest trespass. It says 'squat'. You are getting as bad as Sonhouse.

w

Moves
51d

@averagejoe1 said
Yes, laws of adverse possession and the little-known prescriptive rights are definitely enforceable.
Squatters rights law are centuries old. They only apply if your land had been possessed by someone else for a long period of time. To avoid it, just know what's happening on your property. These laws are important in the context of completely abandoned property for a very long time (10 years or something).

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
50d

@averagejoe1 said
You are so wrong. If you leave home for a vacation, your home, lock the doors, whatever, and they squat, you will have the law not on your side. Google it, turkey.
You goose, it would not even be a news story if it were as you say.
They have to have lived in the house for many years before Squatters' Rights kick in.

Moves
50d

@wildgrass said
Squatters rights are a part of property law so every landowner should know about it. If the property is not in use, trespassing is difficult to argue.

This actually happened to someone in my family in the 1970s. He owned a piece of land and the neighbor built a giant pond that extended into our property almost a half acre. Squatters law gave him rights to that piece of land.
What your are referring to is not called squatter's rights. Squatters don't have rights.
It's called Adverse Possession, and it doesn't apply to people's homes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
50d

@Cliff-Mashburn
Tell that to all the home owners not living in that house now with squatters in it. They have a difficult time getting the asssholes out.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
50d

@athousandyoung said
They are talking about vacant houses. The owners don’t live there and thus it is not their home.
Not exactly true, ATY. One recent case in california, it only took 30 days to kick in!! Someone lost a huge house with this scheme.

Squatters should not be allowed to take a person's primary residence and leave them homeless. that's bullsips.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
50d
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
Not exactly true, ATY. One recent case in california, it only took 30 days to kick in!! Someone lost a huge house with this scheme.

Squatters should not be allowed to take a person's primary residence and leave them homeless. that's bullsips.
That nonsense only happens in these so-called civilized advanced cultures like USA. Anyone hearing of that down in our primitive backward society will have a good laugh. Here the squatters will be beaten up and the police will pretend they see nothing.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
50d
2 edits

@earl-of-trumps said

You will have to provide more information because the California adverse possession law requires 3 years.

Squatters' primary residences are taken from them all the time and they end up homeless.

Property ownership is just a piece of paper the government acknowledges. It is so strange how Libertarians worship that government piece of paper.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
50d
1 edit

@rajk999 said
That nonsense only happens in these so-called civilized advanced cultures like USA. Anyone hearing of that down in our primitive backward society will have a good laugh. Here the squatters will be beaten up and the police will pretend they see nothing.
Sounds like your squatters need guns to protect their homes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
50d

@athousandyoung said
Sounds like your squatters need guns to protect their homes.

[youtube The Wire Police Raid Projects]YYBxFF4O-bY[/youtube]
The squatters need a bullet to the head.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
50d
2 edits

@rajk999 said
The squatters need a bullet to the head.
The British tried that in Ireland but it didn't work. The Irish-American diaspora sent the squatters in Ireland AR-18s and Tommy guns. America...the Arsenal of Democracy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
50d

@athousandyoung said
The British tried that in Ireland but it didn't work. The Irish-American diaspora sent the squatters in Ireland AR-18s and Tommy guns. America...the Arsenal of Democracy.

[youtube Boardwalk Empire clip]Y7rjmHE-NjU[/youtube]
[youtube Me Little Armalite]8blA7Olf34A[/youtube]
The British ? Those failures ?

Lake Como

Moves
49d
2 edits

@sonhouse said
@Cliff-Mashburn
Tell that to all the home owners not living in that house now with squatters in it. They have a difficult time getting the asssholes out.
Thankyou, Sonhouse, No one listens to me. See if they will read this.

https://dallasexpress.com/national/video-ny-homeowner-arrested-for-evicting-squatter/

For the record, before you all get too far afield, adverse possession has to do with a person who overtly uses the property of another for about 20 years,,,,,,and can at that time claim TITLE to it. This discussion is not about title.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
49d

@AverageJoe1
I don't like squatters, and if by some miraculous lottery win I DID own second properties, and it was vacant I would put in camera's and signs everywhere and visit the place every day and if squatters tried to take over, I would teargas those Muther fukkers.