1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 17:181 edit
    To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:
    * The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
    * Social Securitywas established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
    * Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
    * War on Povertystarted in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
    * Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
    * Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
    * The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before.

You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars
    AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

I am surprised to see a Rep. from Oregon vote agaist the health care bill, I must send him a letter of thanks today. Thank You Peter DeFazio..... unless barry twisted his arm all night, and he swapped again? Humm?

A wide assortment of things to debate, most regard the Government ability to run anything, with a degree of success. perhaps we should first determine, just how success can be measured, what bench mark do we set for health care?
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 17:231 edit
    Do me a favor and don't cash your SSI check when you qualify. Try to find insurance when you're 66 yrs old or don't get sick.

Curious how someone so wrapped up in American politics would display the Tibet flag on his profile?
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 17:39
    Before I even address your list of "failed" government programs, let's get down to your question.

"AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?? "

The bill does NOT have a government run health care system anywhere in it. That is not an opinion. It is a fact.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 17:481 edit
    The welfare state in western and northern Europe was established in the early 20th century. It has been an astounding success.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 18:473 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The welfare state in western and northern Europe was established in the early 20th century. It has been an astounding success.
    Astounding success, that is great. I am happy for them.
    Do you know what the current back log in USA S.S. applicants is right now?
    If you became disabled right now, in this country, you had better have.
    1. short and long term disabilty insurance, if you can afford to, buy them yourself, because company ran LTD abides by a different set of rules.
    2. savings to survive on your own for at least 1 year.
    3, no house payment would be great
    even if you get lucky, do not have to hire a lawyer, your benefits don't start for 6 months. Then they are paid retroactively. if you have hired a lawyer, most of that back pay is given to them,, check out Alsop, or bender and bender, they are your best friends.
    Try navigating this system without a lawyer, and you will more than likely go broke before you win a case.
    Then you wait 6 months before medicare kicks in, if there is anything there.
    S.S. and medicare will be the subject of our next great bail out, especially now with less people working.
    Most of the "original" population fled those countries to avoid what is happening to them now.... being told what to do by their governments. They had a concept of freedom, which was vastly different than what is being presented in the USA at this moment. But tides change, and patience is a great virtue.
    Long Live the Queen!
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 18:50
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, it seems to be working but at a very high price (literally).

For example, here in the uk the govt keeps increasing taxes on products such as cigarettes in order to indirectly reduce the costs of the NHS. Its the usual "govt knows better" attitude that is simply unwanted and in some cases even pathetic.

Do you know how much I have to pay for a pack of cigarettes nowadays? its ridiculous, not to mention you're can't even smoke in public anymore.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 18:52
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Yes, it seems to be working but at a very high price (literally).

For example, here in the uk the govt keeps increasing taxes on products such as cigarettes in order to indirectly reduce the costs of the NHS. Its the usual "govt knows better" attitude that is simply unwanted and in some cases even pathetic.

Do you know how much I have to pay for ...[text shortened]... garettes nowadays? its ridiculous, not to mention you're can't even smoke in public anymore.
    Lol, it's fuuny you mention smokes.. My friend was in vancouver. Everytime he lit up, someone was there to "bum" a smoke... he found out why, when he went to the store to replace his supply,, beer was just as bad...
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:03
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Lol, it's fuuny you mention smokes.. My friend was in vancouver. Everytime he lit up, someone was there to "bum" a smoke... he found out why, when he went to the store to replace his supply,, beer was just as bad...
    of course, you aren't supposed to smoke, or drink, why? because the nanny state says so.

and Im afraid this is a slippery slope...
  9. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:10
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    of course, you aren't supposed to smoke, or drink, why? because the nanny state says so.

and Im afraid this is a slippery slope...
    When will there be a fine for when and where you eat a $10 cheeseburger in our future?
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:10
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BK0KA20091221
    Here's a site with questions and answers.......
    Take note of the federal Substities provided for families who can not afford insurance, note the income level which with families can apply?
    Now, just where does that money come from,, why they'll save it by streamlining the paper work!!
    Just like they have with S.S. applications, which now have over a years worth of back log disability cases to handle,, stream line,, the track record is poor in that area...

Continuous Improvement...... not seen, never will be in the hands of politicians.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:11
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    When will there be a fine for when and where you eat a $10 cheeseburger in our future?
    RUAAAHHHH!!
    I good Militia
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:13
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Before I even address your list of "failed" government programs, let's get down to your question.

"AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?? "

The bill does NOT have a government run health care system anywhere in it. That is not an opinion. It is a fact.
    and there never will be one..... right on!
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 19:21
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    and there never will be one..... right on!
    And if true, that would be unfortunate.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 20:03
    http://www.foxnews.com/polls/

55% oppose
    35 % in favor
    10 % undecided
    some who post here contend that those 55 % are the iniformed, stupid Americans... I contend that figure could be the 10% undecided, who just don't seem to care enough about this issue, to have formed an opinion....
    1000 people protesting at the capital today,,
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 20:11
    Originally posted by badmoon
    And if true, that would be unfortunate.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112397747

and how well are we dealing with people who need help right now? Until you find yourself in that position, you will have no idea what it is like. You expect any of these people to trust a Government run health care Program?

Why haven't we fixed this problem yet...?? Instead of throwing ourselves at another..?
    Do you even bother to read a link,?
    I hope you are wise, and have your own short term disability policy, as well as long term. if not, you'll be back crying a different tune.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree