'The Interview'

'The Interview'

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
11 Mar 21

@divegeester
No, get you, he's right but he is so up his own arse dive - I can't get the Mail x Editor, Inside trade deal, sunning it up aboard under a Parasol (smugness) recently.

See you in a month Piers...

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
11 Mar 21

@wolfe63 said
Duchess64 seems intent upon wallowing in racial self-pity for the rest of her life. She can continue to do so.

I shall continue to believe that "the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". (MLK)

[youtube]gFP4dJHJXoI[/youtube] - Morgan Freeman
wolfe, you excel yourself👍

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
11 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Hug a tree while I burn a cross upside down - Duce, you need help🚬

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Mar 21

And white people will simply never understand the trauma this presents.

Most cannot even put themselves in their shoes; it is that far beyond their ken. Overcoming this white privilege is worth it, though, if only because you become a more well-rounded person. This precise thing is why Jesus exhorted us to love our neighbor as ourselves. This requires a basic understanding of what it is like to live as them. There are plenty of first-hand accounts written by non-white people. That is an excellent place to start.

Moves
11 Mar 21

@suzianne said

Most cannot even put themselves in their shoes; it is that far beyond their ken. Overcoming this white privilege is worth it, though, if only because you become a more well-rounded person. This precise thing is why Jesus exhorted us to love our neighbor as ourselves. This requires a basic understan ...[text shortened]... are plenty of first-hand accounts written by non-white people. That is an excellent place to start.
Duchess64's divisive, cookie-cutter commentary isn't cutting it. 😁

There are no stereotypes which accurately reflect the real-world. Yet, Duchess64 continuously barters in them.

Each life is a journey traveled differently.
Some prefer to travel with an overnight case. Some prefer lots of baggage.

Anyone who claims the ability to assess racial bias from the standpoint of skin color, or socio-economic status is probably a charlatan.
And they likely enjoy complaining about the weight of their luggage.

D

Moves
11 Mar 21
1 edit

D

Moves
11 Mar 21
3 edits

D

Moves
12 Mar 21
1 edit

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Mar 21

@wolfe63 said
One should clean one's own house first.
Then one can exercise a moral right to complain about another home's "delapidations".

Hey! Let's play the spamming hopscotch game.
If only Americans and Brits took this to heart.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
12 Mar 21

What a carry on that🤦‍♂️ Whatever it is you snorting😊 I want a line please?🚬

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
12 Mar 21

@suzianne said

Most cannot even put themselves in their shoes; it is that far beyond their ken. Overcoming this white privilege is worth it, though, if only because you become a more well-rounded person. This precise thing is why Jesus exhorted us to love our neighbor as ourselves. This requires a basic understan ...[text shortened]... are plenty of first-hand accounts written by non-white people. That is an excellent place to start.
Really trying not to be flippant but how can we get beyond or “overcome” our ‘white privilege’ given that it comes pre packed with ones skin colour.
How does the ability to understand the reality of being non white in a majority white society help overcome the privileges that we inherit at birth.
I would like to think it can be offset through legislation and education but I fear dominant ethnic or racial groups will by definition enjoy privileges that minority ethnic and racial groups will not.

D

Moves
12 Mar 21
3 edits

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Mar 21

I'm impressed by people who don't make sweeping generalizations about other people based on the colour of their skin.

D

Moves
12 Mar 21
1 edit

D

Moves
13 Mar 21
1 edit