'The Interview'

'The Interview'

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Mar 21

@hells-caretaker said
@divegeester
No, get you, he's right but he is so up his own arse dive - I can't get the Mail x Editor, Inside trade deal, sunning it up aboard under a Parasol (smugness) recently.

See you in a month Piers...
He’ll be back. I cringe when he’s on air but a lot of the time he does come out with interesting juxtapositions.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
13 Mar 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
He’ll be back. I cringe when he’s on air but a lot of the time he does come out with interesting juxtapositions.
Yeah 'The Scotch Egg' on ITV Breakfast at Michael Gove. I liked that one🤣( I'll look for a clip🤔). Piers is like Marmite for me - juxtaposition, wicked word my man🚬

IP

Moves
14 Mar 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The testimony of your several other imaginary young women would be evidence enough for me to try to prevent any young woman from meeting your imaginary non - respecting male alone, you will recall that it is you, not I, who insists that the only application of the 'innocent unless proven guilty' principle is a legal one. I think you are becoming confused, so please refrain from trying to put your disgusting words into my mouth.
Your second point refers; why do you think I was attacking anything, and against what or whom was I being prejudiced? I was pointing out the constitutional situation as it stands, and dismissing any claims that were made that Archie was not given a royal title because of his ethnic or racial constituency. He may very well be given royal title in due course, so on this we agree.
Regarding your next point, what we are discussing is a specific accusation of racism by an anonymous individual; 'concern' regarding the skin pigmentation of a then unborn child. (Unlike your nasty little cameo mentioned above, where Mister Disrespectful is known ) This may or may not have happened, (on this we also agree) and given the NORMAL amount of inaccuracy prevalent in the interview one is inclined to be sceptical. Let the person be named, I say, so that they may defend themselves against said accusations, otherwise the accusations are meaningless.
You appear to take the view that everyone is racist in a negative way, (your default assumption of ambient racism refers) I understand that, but not everyone shares your cynical and negative viewpoint. After reading your earlier posts it's clear that you are racist, but that doesn't make all of us guilty.
And finally, for the record, I don't deny, minimize or excuse racism, despite being a white Brit.

D

Moves
14 Mar 21
1 edit

IP

Moves
16 Mar 21

Thanks for your conciliatory tone, and for clarifying the teenaged daughter business.

Regarding Harry or Meghan's claim about the royal title for Archie, I'm not attacking you or your 'strawman', I'm not even sure that I know what a strawman is, but whatever it is I'm not attacking it. I understand your position on this.

On the general issue of racism, I absolutely accept that it exists in all of its' nasty manifestations, and the history of humanity is a catalogue of 'mans' inhumanity to man, as the saying goes, although I realise that women have suffered every bit as much. Unfortunately there is nothing that one can do about this, we are where we are and must make the best of it. If one accepts the 'Out of Africa' theory of human evolution, as I do, since there is a great deal of evidence for it, then we were all Africans once, and some of us stayed there whilst others migrated and evolved different skin pigmentation to better suit the environment, and now as a species we are 'interbreeding' racially again and things are getting mixed up, something which has only started to happen quite recently in evolutionary terms, and which as far as I'm concerned is all to the good. I therefore regard any form of racism as being ridiculous, as I believe does everyone that I know and associate closely with.
Living as I do in darkest Indonesia and now that I no longer do business here, and what with current travel restrictions, aside from she who is most beloved I don't see another white face from one week to the next, and with this I am quite content. I really don't care about skin colour, cultural differences and so on, except to embrace them as a part of the diverse and wonderful expression of our common humanity.
Racism is a sickness of spirit, for which I hope there is a cure, but that remains to be seen.
It probably isn't going to happen, but one day I'd like to buy you a coffee, I'm sure we'd have an interesting conversation, and believe that we would part friends. You may of course think differently, but there you go.

D

Moves
17 Mar 21
1 edit

D

Moves
21 Mar 21
1 edit

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Mar 21

The best thing the Duchess could do for the forum would be to send me money and stay away.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Mar 21

Jeezo just how “simple” is Megan, Harry’s not the brightest button in the tin either. Most families would be worrying about how stupid the children were going to be long before they concerned themselves with skin tone.
Probably worth mentioning that commonwealth membership is on a completely voluntary basis though.

D

Moves
22 Mar 21

Moves
22 Mar 21

To be fair to Kev, who does read all your stuff.

D

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

I obviously didn’t read it right through and twig to the sarcasm regarding the “simple” comment if that is what it was.
But if you live in the UK you would know that Megan was very well received by the majority of people here, probably because of her black heritage coupled with the fact that she made a very popular royal happy.
Racists make much more noise than non racists, especially when megaphoned by right wing sectors of our media. I think a poll produced today would ( the interview aside ) put Megan in a very favourable light. Unfortunately the silent majority are no help when you are being baited by the vocal minority for the colour of your skin and getting little or the reverse of support from your in laws.

rain

Moves
22 Mar 21
4 edits

This is an unfair attack piece that places blame on the victim.

First of all, why does no one criticize Diana in the same way? Why imply that the half-black member or the Royal Family is the uninformed foolish one? Can you imagine a similar article written *today* about Diana that portrays her as some naïve ditz, too stupid or too lazy to know what she was getting into?

Yes, I'm aware Diana was naïve herself, by her own admission; but no writer today would dare use such a mocking tone about Diana like with Markle

"For some reason she seemed to think that representing the British monarchy to the countries it had colonized was valorous."

Diana received praise in the press for visiting those same places.

D

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit