@PuzZuLz saidIt was just a joke based on Trump's comments about how "they're not sending their best" and how we want more rich immigrants.
Unfortunately even if they do...they only hire their own kind.
Also, paying more in rent and mortgages causes a runaway train like we just had.
That puts regular people like you out of contention for a home or business.
That's not immigration and assimilation.
That's replacement.
Didn't you complain once about gentrification?
Immigrants don't "only hire their own kind" I've been hired in highly "ethnic" schools by immigrants with money including Israeli Jews, European French, South Koreans etc. The people who DON'T hire me are the damn WASPs you love so much.
But the people coming in masses are poor and they live 5 people in a walk in closet because they are so careful with money.
The people doing the gentrifying are the adult children of the WASP American citizen property owners who turn areas of low cost housing into expensive "Hipster Hamlets".
I saw Haight-Ashbury once when I was in college some decades ago. It was obscene how eagerly the people monetized the political struggles of the poor from decades ago.