1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 02:44
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you havent “debunked” anything. Do you think members of congress just walk around with subpoena power, hand out subpoenas at will?
    I've shown you this before, maybe this time it will penetrate your skull:

"House Rule XI, clause 2(m)(1) and (3) authorizes House committees and subcommittees to issue subpoenas for the attendance of witnesses and the production of documents."

"Committee rules may cover authorization, issuance, and service of subpoenas; may cover just one or two of these actions; or may be silent on exercise of the subpoena power. A subpoena must be authorized pursuant to committee rules—a decision to approve this legal order to a person to appear or to provide documents. Once authorized, if the committee wishes to take the next step, a subpoena must be issued pursuant to committee rules—signed and given to an individual to
    deliver the subpoena to the person named in it. To deliver a subpoena to the person named is to serve the subpoena.
    [b]
    Most House and Senate committees have specifically included in their rules one or more provisions on committees’ and subcommittees’ power to authorize subpoenas by majority vote.
    Most House committees have also delegated to their chair the power to authorize subpoenas. Many of these rules delegating authority also require the chair to consult or notify the
    committee’s ranking minority member.

Most Senate committees’ subpoena rules delegate to the chair and ranking minority member together the power to authorize subpoenas.

In addition to rules on authorizing subpoenas, the rules of most committees in both chambers also address issuing subpoenas. Most House committees’ rules delegate authority to issue subpoenas to the chair, and allow another committee member who has been designated by the committee to sign a subpoena."

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44247.pdf Summary
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 02:48
    @no1marauder said
    I've shown you this before, maybe this time it will penetrate your skull:

"House Rule XI, clause 2(m)(1) and (3) authorizes House committees and subcommittees to issue subpoenas for the attendance of witnesses and the production of documents."

"Committee rules may cover authorization, issuance, and service of subpoenas; may cover just one or two of these actions; or ...[text shortened]... signated by the committee to sign a subpoena."

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44247.pdf Summary
    Not to interrupt, but given the above, why isn’t Trump doing time?
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 02:54
    @averagejoe1 said
    Be careful what you wish for.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 02:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    The DOJ for decades has said that the President cannot be charged with a crime while he is in office.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 03:07
    @no1marauder said
    The DOJ for decades has said that the President cannot be charged with a crime while he is in office.
    So that’s the reason. Can y’all nab him, the split second at 12 noon on Inauguration Day, when he steps from one presidency to the other? He can’t be both Presidents at the same time.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 04:03
    @averagejoe1 said
    Because he's surrounded himself with toadies willing to take a bullet for him?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 04:05
    @averagejoe1 said
    So that’s the reason. Can y’all nab him, the split second at 12 noon on Inauguration Day, when he steps from one presidency to the other? He can’t be both Presidents at the same time.
    He has yet to actually BE a president. All this time, he's only been working for himself.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 06:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    Respectfully McHill, why are you the only person who knows the above to be a fact? Why do not the Democratic impeachers? Why dont they glean that fact (from the phone call, I guess?) and list it for an automatic full vote impeachment? Either you, or they, are leaving something out. Illegal? That would be bad for Trump if he had done something illegal. You are the only one that knows that. Curious indeed.
    trump said so himself. On TV. And then asked, on TV, China to do the same.

I don’t know what you are watching, but it certainly ain’t what the rest of the world is laughing at.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 06:32
    @shavixmir said
    trump said so himself. On TV. And then asked, on TV, China to do the same.

I don’t know what you are watching, but it certainly ain’t what the rest of the world is laughing at.
    Not your jokes anyway.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 19:40
    @AverageJoe1.......Speaking of simple....You always manage to show off your traits. Is that why they call you , 'LESS THAN AVERAGE, JOE?'
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 19:47
    @AverageJoe1...Were we watching the same thing, 'LESS THAN AVERAGE JOE?'.....The Republican Defense presented no new facts AT ALL...they just tried to discredit the evidence that THE DEMS presented.....By the way, you never explained why you are called,
    'LESS THAN AVERAGE JOE.'
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 02:21
    @jimm619 said
    @AverageJoe1...Were we watching the same thing, 'LESS THAN AVERAGE JOE?'.....The Republican Defense presented no new facts AT ALL...they just tried to discredit the evidence that THE DEMS presented.....By the way, you never explained why you are called,
    'LESS THAN AVERAGE JOE.'
    Well if I am AverageJoe, it would follow that it would be imposdible that I be Less than, well, me.

Did you say Republicans delivered no facts at all? 🤫🤫. Your stuff really gets us a’thinkin
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 01:38
    @AverageJoe1
    Sure RePUTINicans issued 'facts', 100% designed to obfuscate and distract from the REAL issues which they don't even bother to contest. They KNOW Trump was wrong to withhold aid from Ukraine during an active war with Russia with the death count now up to 14,000 Ukranians DEAD. Of course that doesn't bother the rePUTINicans in the slightest since they are in lockstep with Trump who has his lips firmly attached to Putin's ass. Yep, REAL American deal they are running.
    So much for 1) law and order and 1) checks and balances.
    RePUTINicans are well on their way to declaring LONG LIVE KING TRUMP.
    Choke on your fukking so-called victory.
    See you in November dude.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 02:58
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Sure RePUTINicans issued 'facts', 100% designed to obfuscate and distract from the REAL issues which they don't even bother to contest. They KNOW Trump was wrong to withhold aid from Ukraine during an active war with Russia with the death count now up to 14,000 Ukranians DEAD. Of course that doesn't bother the rePUTINicans in the slightest since they are in loc ...[text shortened]... eclaring LONG LIVE KING TRUMP.
    Choke on your fukking so-called victory.
    See you in November dude.
    Yes, November. Ive already pitched a tent near the site of Inauguration, a lib nearby is teaching me the ropes, the posters, tatoos, man buns, how to make noise, but that is cause he thinks i am one of them. Best lay low if i want to stay alive 😁☀️
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Jan '20 22:27
    The sad thing to me about this impeachment affair is this: after Bolton’s revelations, every Republican Senator now knows that Trump abused the power of the presidency for personal gain, —Trump’s lawyers didn’t even bother to dispute that— and the Rep. Senators either don’t care or are too cowed (intimidated ) to call him out.

If they vote to acquit, they also know that every future Dem. president will do the same thing, engage foreign powers to influence elections with this precedent as a guarantee of immunity, and they either don’t care or are too lily-livered to put a stop to it.

The fall of the Roman Empire was made possible by the internal rot of its institutions. Watch and weep as history repeats itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree