1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 17:57
    @AverageJoe1
    Scared. Sure. All I am scared about is come 2020 when his truly sorry ass is kicked out that he won't declare a national emergency and arrest congress and declare himself king Trump. You can't answer my actual charges so you just try to distract just like Dershowitz. Tell me, why aren't the defense team addressing the actual stuff Trump is accused of instead of attacking the messenger? I think you know the answer to that, there IS no defense so they just attack other places as if that would actually work in a real court of law instead of this farce of a 'trial'.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 19:211 edit
    Let's see if we can get an honest answer from right wingers here:

IF a Democratic President withheld appropriated foreign aid to another country until that country's President announced he would start an investigation into a Republican candidate for President, you would:

A) Say that such an action was entirely within the President's unlimited powers to conduct foreign policy; or

B) Scream, stomp your feet and insist he was guilty of treason.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 19:26
    Try #2 for an honest answer from right wingers:

IF a Democratic President refused to turn over any documents or allow Executive Branch employees to testify to Congress by asserting that such oversight was "unconstitutional", you would:

A) Agree that the Congress has no power to actually oversee the Executive Branch in any matter that the President says so; or

B) Scream, stomp your feet and insist the President was violating the Constitution.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 19:57
    @no1marauder said

IF a Democratic President refused to turn over any documents or allow Executive Branch employees to testify to Congress by asserting that such oversight was "unconstitutional", you would:

A) Agree that the Congress has no power to actually oversee the Executive Branch in any matter that the President says so; or

B) Scream, stomp your feet and insist the President was violating the Constitution.
    Or c) it is totally different when a Democrat does such things.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 20:00
    @handyandy said
    He was. He refused to testify or allow witnesses to testify.

Was he......scared?
    Here again, you do not close. His reason was perfectly reasonable......you leave that out. Boring.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 20:05
    @no1marauder said

IF a Democratic President withheld appropriated foreign aid to another country until that country's President announced he would start an investigation into a Republican candidate for President, you would:

A) Say that such an action was entirely within the President's unlimited powers to conduct foreign policy; or

Not what happened. You listen to the creeps on MSNBC. They leave pertinent facts out just as you do. Sad.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 20:07
    @averagejoe1 said
    Here again, you do not close. His reason was perfectly reasonable......you leave that out. Boring.
    His reason is that they will reveal information devastating to his phony defenses.

That information is going to come out sooner or later anyway; Republicans seem to know this but have trapped themselves by their obsequious grovelling before the Donald. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/25/trump-ukraine-revelations-impeachment-103862
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 20:081 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Not what happened. You listen to the creeps on MSNBC. They leave pertinent facts out just as you do. Sad.
    It's exactly what happened. And I don't listen to MSNBC or any cable news networks.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 20:21
    @averagejoe1 said
    "President Trump lifted a hold on security assistance for Ukraine after President Volodymyr Zelensky promised to announce investigations into the 2016 presidential election and former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a U.S. diplomat.

William Taylor, the top American diplomat in Ukraine, described that sequence of events in his opening statement in the Democrat-led House impeachment inquiry. He rooted that account in his conversations with Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union. Taylor’s testimony echoed allegations that Trump tried to use security assistance as leverage to press Zelensky to open the politically explosive investigations. But it also suggests that Zelensky had agreed to acquiesce to Trump’s demands only to have the deal killed by Taylor himself.

“President Trump was adamant that President Zelensky, himself, had to ‘clear things up and do it in public,’” Taylor said in a prepared statement during his closed-door deposition, paraphrasing Sondland’s Sept. 8 account of a conversation with the president."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/concluded-with-president-zelensky-agreeing-trump-released-aid-after-securing-ukraine-investigation-pledge-diplomat-says

"Plans were reportedly made for Zelensky to make an announcement during an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria on Sept. 13. United States Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland recently testified that he told Ukraine "resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks." According to the Times, an aide to Zelensky suggested "language that mentioned investigations but in general terms," and American diplomats "late in the negotiations" agreed to drop the 2016 mention.

A mere two days before the interview was scheduled to take place, though, the aid was released, with this coming after Congress learned about it being frozen."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/877007/ukraine-aid-reportedly-released-just-2-days-before-zelensky-set-announce-burisma-investigation
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 21:05
    @AverageJoe1

Come on, Joe! Stop stroking that mink's belly and start using your noggin.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 21:19
    @averagejoe1 said
    Were they not PERFECT!?!?!? The epitome of adults in action. Present the facts, no speculation, point out what the Dems Left Out of their presentations (you have noted how Average Joe often says your arguments never 'close'😉. And then they say, this is so simple, we dont have much more to say, you dems can all take the rest of the day off!! Trump genius probably orchestrated it, dont you think? You gotta admit, class act. Adults.
    LOL!!!
    YouTube
    LOL!
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 22:082 edits
    @mchill said
    Respectfully McHill, why are you the only person who knows the above to be a fact?

Respectfully Mr joe. In case you missed the entire House impeachment proceedings (and it seems you have) Multiple government witnesses, with both 1st and 2nd hand knowledge also knew this to be a fact, backed up by emails, signed depositions, and government transcripts. Where have you been for the last 6 weeks? Mars??
    Did they witness a crime? A High one? Treason? How about a misdemeanor? I just haven't seen it in the documentation submitted to the Senate. That is what I am wondering about, not the wandering and threshing about in the weeds which you seem to be doing.

You know, something you DON'T know, which everyone else does, is that the Senate will acquit him. One clear evidence of that is that there is not ONE Republican in the wings to run for president in 2020. We don't need a 2nd string guy. It will be him. Trump.

So, people in DC and people on all the committees apparently know more than you and I do. I hate it for y'all, but just think about your 401ks!!!! For over 4 more years!! (oops, mentioned money. Should have used the word success. You do like success, don't you?)
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 22:221 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Did they witness a crime? A High one? Treason? How about a misdemeanor? I just haven't seen it in the documentation submitted to the Senate. That is what I am wondering about, not the wandering and threshing about in the weeds which you seem to be doing.

You know, something you DON'T know, which everyone else does, is that the Senate will acquit him. One clear evi ...[text shortened]... rs!! (oops, mentioned money. Should have used the word success. You do like success, don't you?)
    All you are admitting is that the Republicans will acquit him for purely political reasons.

Surely they will, but that does not make him any less guilty of impeachable misconduct.

EDIT: You can answer my two questions now.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 23:131 edit
    @no1marauder said

Since the president of Ukraine did not know that the money was being held back, it is impossible to answer this question, because it implies that Trump told Slavinsky that he was holding it back until he performed in the interest of the USA, or as some folks put it, in the interest of Trump. (he did say 'us', meaning our country, when speaking of what he was interested in.

You are saying that Trump made Slavinsky wait for the money until an event certain. That is incorrect .

Just using my noggin.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 23:23
    @no1marauder said

You dont mention executive privilege....I think he is within his rights, from what I am hearing.

Always remember that a president travels a thin line with his every movement, his every action. By that, I mean he might set a precedence, like allowing Bolton to testify. There are secrets to be protected. And if we start saying all presidents have to do what the 'authorities' say they have to do, the office will lose the power bestowed upon it by the framers. You know, y'all just dont like Trump. If he was a sweetie like jimmy carter, you would not put him through this.

Prob not the answer you were looking for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree