1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 02:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure, they hated Jews as well. That is equally abhorrent.

However, I am not targeting a religion other than those who are at war with the US because of their religion.

All the GOP asked for was to properly vet these immigrants coming in from ISIS controlled Syria.

In fact, I could care less if they claimed to be Christians. They need to be properly ...[text shortened]... deal with this issue instead of just bringing in unknown refugees who are at war with the West.
    What does that have to do with Trump's proposal to bar ALL Muslims from anywhere in the world from entering the US? Do you support that proposal or not?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 02:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What does that have to do with Trump's proposal to bar ALL Muslims from anywhere in the world from entering the US? Do you support that proposal or not?
    Here are some scary stats

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/islamic-terrorism-activity-statistics/

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
    32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
    41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
    38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
    83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
    62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
    42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
    A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
    (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33😵
    About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.

We really need to have this conversation. I'm undecided right now, but I sure as hell am pissed off at people who refuse to have this conversation.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 02:43
    Here are some scary stats

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/10/08/islamic-terrorism-activity-statistics/

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
    32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
    41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
    38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
    83% o ...[text shortened]... ided right now, but I sure as hell am pissed off at people who refuse to have this conversation.
    That poll was conducted over 7 years ago at the height of the US occupation of Iraq.http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Even then, large majorities of Muslims denounced attacks on US civilians.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 04:022 edits
    That poll was conducted over 7 years ago at the height of the US occupation of Iraq.http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf

Even then, large majorities of Muslims denounced attacks on US civilians.
    7 years old?

Well that makes me feel better.....................NOT!

What much as really changed? We won't know until there is another poll.

In the US, if it is just 10% of the Muslim population who sympathize with groups like ISIS we are talking close to a million or more people.

It now appears that the relatives of the attackers in California are under scrutiny. The mother lived with them while they were making pipe bombs and the father made comments that he looked up to the leader of ISIS, and some of the relatives used to go target practicing with them.

I don't see much hope for the daughter they left behind not to become as radicalized, if not more, than her parents, especially since their relatives will now raise her.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 06:491 edit
    Looks like the UK has banned Trump

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3350969/Donald-Trump-s-call-Muslims-banned-America-divisive-unhelpful-quite-simply-wrong-says-Cameron.html#ixzz3tmtyQFnk

Hilarious.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 06:50
    Trump is amazing.
    I hope he becomes your next president.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 03:32
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Trump is amazing.
    Me too. 😏
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 03:36
    What I support is putting on the breaks regarding all of these immigrants coming over from Syria

I think even Trump said as much. He does not want this to be a permanent thing, just a temporary thing until we do a better job vetting people who might be possible terrorists.

Is it really too much to ask?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 20:511 edit
    What I support is putting on the breaks regarding all of these immigrants coming over from Syria

I think even Trump said as much. He does not want this to be a permanent thing, just a temporary thing until we do a better job vetting people who might be possible terrorists.

Is it really too much to ask?
    How many immigrants (actually refugees) are coming to the US from Syria?

What evidence is there that the US government needs to do a "better job" vetting them? Have any admitted to the US done anything of a terroristic nature?
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 22:01
    Can anybody tell me why all of the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering don't get the same kind of righteous indignation that Trump is getting?
  11. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 22:19
    Originally posted by sh76
    Can anybody tell me why all of the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering don't get the same kind of righteous indignation that Trump is getting?
    Because they don't ban Jews, as a religious group, from entering?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:051 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:09
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Trump is amazing.
    He's leading the Republican field by a wide margin, and the alternative would be Hillary Clinton, who I wouldn't elect Dog Catcher.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Chess tournaments are hardly examples of world diplomacy.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 23:24
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Because they don't ban Jews, as a religious group, from entering?
    So, Trump would be better off merely saying that he'd ban people from predominantly Muslim countries?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree