This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 00:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    So, Trump would be better off merely saying that he'd ban people from predominantly Muslim countries?
    No. He'd be better off saying he'd ban members of Daesh. And he'd be better off finding a better ally than Katie Hopkins. And he needs to stop using the Daily Mail as a source of information. You have Donald Trump. We have David Ike.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 00:421 edit
    So, Trump would be better off merely saying that he'd ban people from predominantly Muslim countries?
    This reminds me of my daughter's experience in an introductory International relations course. The assignment was to advise Saddam Hussein on how to best advance his interests. When the prof reviewed the answers, he said most of those who answered would be taken out and shot.

What would make Trump better off is only for him to say. And his answers might vary from day to day.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 01:32
    Can anybody tell me why all of the Muslim countries that ban Israelis from entering don't get the same kind of righteous indignation that Trump is getting?
    Never mind that, what about European countries refusing to take in more Muslim immigrants?

There is clearly a double standard in the world today.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 01:351 edit
    Trump does not support a permanent ban, just a temporary ban

After all, from what I hear US intelligence says that ISIS is trying to sneak terrorists in with the refugees, just like they did in France.

It is then a reasonable thing to halt immigration until this can be sorted out a bit better.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Trump does not support a permanent ban, just a temporary ban

After all, from what I hear US intelligence says that ISIS is trying to sneak terrorists in with the refugees, just like they did in France.

It is then a reasonable thing to halt immigration until this can be sorted out a bit better.
    That's for sharing information that I'm sure is available only for those with Top Secret clearance like yourself.

Trump's ban on ALL Muslims (not just from Syria as you keep dishonestly claiming) is open-ended.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 03:19
    So moonbats are running around saying that Trump is violating the Constitution by wanting to stop Muslim immigration to the US. Even the GOP is calling him to drop out saying he is violating the Constitution.

How so?

Unconstitutional would be locking up American Muslims only because they are Muslim when the US is at war with Muslims in the Middle East. ...[text shortened]... ng from a region at war with the US. This is what Trump wants to do. Trump is who Obama opposes.
    There is no reason to stop Muslims from entering the USA or anywhere else, there is very
    good reasons to stop those that want to commit terrorist acts. The vetting process needs
    to be good enough to stop anyone regardless of their religion or any other grouping from
    flagging the bad guys and allowing good ones through. I think in the US our president has
    done a very poor job of identifying those that want to do anyone harm from those that do not.

Because he refuses to acknowledge the difference between Muslims of good will from
    those that are not, people tend to lump them all together. Thus when someone like
    Trump comes along, Trump sounds reasonable to a large number of people who are very
    sick and tired of the President bending over backwards to avoid the linkage which almost
    everyone but him sees without any effort.

So the vetting process needs to improve, and if they do a good job no worries, if they do
    not than those mistakes will be costly in lives.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 07:24
    Never mind that, what about European countries refusing to take in more Muslim immigrants?

There is clearly a double standard in the world today.
    Which European countries are that? Under EU rules, member states get significant leeway in determining asylum policy (some allow only a small number of legal immigrants) but I am not aware of any state specifically targeting Muslims, although some politicians in Eastern Europe (where a tiny number of migrants go anyway) have said they prefer Christians. Are you confused again?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 00:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What does that have to do with Trump's proposal to bar ALL Muslims from anywhere in the world from entering the US? Do you support that proposal or not?
    I support Donald Trump's proposal to stop Muslim immigration into the USA. There are over 5,000 vetted Syrian Christians refugees we could be charitable to instead. Perhaps we could save them from getting their heads cut off. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 00:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    There is no reason to stop Muslims from entering the USA or anywhere else, there is very
    good reasons to stop those that want to commit terrorist acts. The vetting process needs
    to be good enough to stop anyone regardless of their religion or any other grouping from
    flagging the bad guys and allowing good ones through. I think in the US our president has ...[text shortened]... d if they do a good job no worries, if they do
    not than those mistakes will be costly in lives.
    No reason? Have you gone mad?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 10:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No reason? Have you gone mad?
    So you clearly would rather ten thousand die of starvation than to let in one terrorist.
    Is that your bottom line? ONE thousand? What is your personal magic number not to be exceeded?

You quite obviously care little for anything outside your rocking chair, unless it is to revile president Obama.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 10:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you clearly would rather ten thousand die of starvation than to let in one terrorist.
    Is that your bottom line? ONE thousand? What is your personal magic number not to be exceeded?

You quite obviously care little for anything outside your rocking chair, unless it is to revile president Obama.
    Yes. Let charities feed them.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 12:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes. Let charities feed them.
    You didn't answer my question you cretin.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 22:20
    You didn't answer my question you cretin.
    I answered "YES" ... Perhaps you coudl be more specific, if that answer is not good enough.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 22:58

Funny how it is either let them immigrate or have them die. You present a false dichotomy and expect a person to answer it.

Pathetic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree