1. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 23:37
    My post was inspired by seeing this incredible Tweet:

https://twitter.com/SohrabAhmari/status/1316446749729398790

Here is an interesting article from the Federalist on the situation:

Twitter joined Facebook on Wednesday in censoring the New York Post’s bombshell story detailing the discovery of emails concerning Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings.

Verified and unverified Twitter users who attempted to share the link were met with a message stating that the Post’s story link “has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.”

Users are then directed to a page that claims the link is “potentially spammy or unsafe.”

Sohrab Ahmari, an editor at the Post, shared his outrage about the silencing on Twitter.

“This is a Big Tech information coup. This is a digital civil war. I, an editor at The New York Post, one of the nation’s largest papers by circulation, can’t post one of our own stories that details corruption by a major-party presidential candidate, Biden,” he wrote.

Article continues here:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/14/twitter-blocks-users-from-linking-to-the-new-york-posts-bombshell-hunter-biden-report/
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '20 23:48
    @philokalia said
    My post was inspired by seeing this incredible Tweet:

https://twitter.com/SohrabAhmari/status/1316446749729398790

Here is an interesting article from the Federalist on the situation:

[quote]Twitter joined Facebook on Wednesday in censoring the New York Post’s bombshell story detailing the discovery of emails concerning Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings.

...[text shortened]... om/2020/10/14/twitter-blocks-users-from-linking-to-the-new-york-posts-bombshell-hunter-biden-report/
    potentially harmful...I would say so.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 00:141 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    potentially harmful...I would say so.
    Both Twitter and Facebook. Preventing the public from reading the news. "Opportunit to met your father?!?!?!?" Mass censorship. Oppresses all of us. A hint of doing away with the first amendment. I am wondering if the liberals here are worth debating with. Such a waste, this could be a good site. Even YOU should say that is not right, given how liberals are all into free speech, except of course for college graduation speakers. Oh well, there is always the entertainment factor. Tens of thousands of emails on that laptop. Oh the joy. Sincerely, Average Joe. (did you see pic of crack-pipe in Hunter's mouth?? Next I will find out he has been in a street. I myself have never been in a street).
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 01:10
    Facebook is banning all content encouraging users to refuse to take a vaccine.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/facebook-bans-ads-questioning-safety-covid-19-vaccines/5726592
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 01:24
    @metal-brain said

https://www.globalresearch.ca/facebook-bans-ads-questioning-safety-covid-19-vaccines/5726592
    Dam, metal brain, you seeing the light. Light minded libs only see the facts in front of them...."hey man, facebook dont work right', or some such. They do not see the threat to the first amendment.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 01:32
    @averagejoe1 said
    Dam, metal brain, you seeing the light. Light minded libs only see the facts in front of them...."hey man, facebook dont work right', or some such. They do not see the threat to the first amendment.
    Because facebook and others are privately owned they can legally do what they are doing. This seems to be a loophole that bypasses the 1st amendment though. Facebook, Twitter and Google/youtube are too big for this to continue. Trump should take anti-trust action against them, but he is too much of a puppet to do that though.

I am seriously considering leaving facebook for a lesser known alternative. If people want to see my posts they will follow. If they don't they will be less informed.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 01:371 edit
    Social media websites come and go.

How many of us were using MySpace and talking online in "chat groups" at Yahoo?
    Those platforms died and so will the ones we have now.

Eventually someone will create a new site that everyone flocks to and we will put Facebook and Twitter into the history books just like other sites.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 03:42
    “has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.”

I'm surprised the liberal bastids didn't just say it was "election interference"
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 06:44
    @metal-brain said

As they should. That's a public danger.
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 07:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    “ Light minded libs only see the facts in front of them.”
    😂😂 pure AJ gold
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 07:39
    @metal-brain said
    Because facebook and others are privately owned they can legally do what they are doing. This seems to be a loophole that bypasses the 1st amendment though. Facebook, Twitter and Google/youtube are too big for this to continue. Trump should take anti-trust action against them, but he is too much of a puppet to do that though.

I am seriously considering leaving faceboo ...[text shortened]... ernative. If people want to see my posts they will follow. If they don't they will be less informed.
    ‘Free speech’ doesn’t impel anyone to listen to, or repeat what you say in any medium.
    You should be free to say what you like but I must be free to not listen to what you say. Facebook and Twitter are making commercial judgements when they ban certain hate speech and conspiracy theories. They’ve crunched the numbers and they’ve decided that they will lose more advertisers and members by tolerating certain groups and opinions than they do by banning them. It’s a private business and it acts accordingly.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:25
    @suzianne said
    As they should. That's a public danger.
    and covid is not?
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 11:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    ‘Free speech’ doesn’t impel anyone to listen to, or repeat what you say in any medium.
    You should be free to say what you like but I must be free to not listen to what you say. Facebook and Twitter are making commercial judgements when they ban certain hate speech and conspiracy theories. They’ve crunched the numbers and they’ve decided that they will lose more advertisers ...[text shortened]... n groups and opinions than they do by banning them. It’s a private business and it acts accordingly.
    so are bakeries
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:39
    @mott-the-hoople said
    so are bakeries
    They offer a service to the public, by refusing to offer that service to a member of the public based on sexual orientation they are being discriminatory. Do you ever wonder how many gay bakers have decorated and sold straight themed cakes without prejudice.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Oct '20 13:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    You should be free to say what you like but I must be free to not listen to what you say. Facebook and Twitter are making commercial judgements when they ban certain hate speech and conspiracy theories. They’ve crunched the numbers and they’ve decided that they will lose more advertisers ...[text shortened]... n groups and opinions than they do by banning them. It’s a private business and it acts accordingly.
    My 2 cents, I of course want Freedom more than anything, so it is better to allow (?) these decisions by corps rather than government getting involved. We are people, corps have been adjudicated as entities sharing the same status, so we can just have at it see where the chips fall. I know, I know, my thought is only worth 2 cents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree