1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 18:59
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    accusing me of struggling with english won't erase your posting history.

I don't know what you're talking about.
    you are really making a fool out of your self now. we have pasted my quote how many times? I did not claim nor imply what you said I did about usarmyparrotpooper. you are either lying or are an imbecile.which is it?
    you attempted to defame my character and have failed miserably.you continue to harasss me and destroy my threads at every turn.you are in clear violation of the rules of conduct concerning these forums. I suggest you direct your attention elsewhere.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 16:08
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    you are really making a fool out of your self now. we have pasted my quote how many times? I did not claim nor imply what you said I did about usarmyparrotpooper. you are either lying or are an imbecile.which is it?
    you attempted to defame my character and have failed miserably.you continue to harasss me and destroy my threads at every turn.you are i ...[text shortened]... of the rules of conduct concerning these forums. I suggest you direct your attention elsewhere.
    Its good to hear that you didn't imply what I thought you implied.

no, it wasn't my intention to defame your character, all I was looking for was some clarification, thats all.
    As for "harassing" you, I don't know what you're talking about, and I want some explanation and evidence for that vile accusation.
    Im not "destroying" your threads, or at least thats not my intention, but who knows, maybe your threads are simply too easy to destroy considering they're usually a repetition of strawman arguments obssesively directed at Obama, the democrats, or liberals in general.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:44
    [b] generalisimo
    "what is your point?
    everybody knows the U.S. has always been a center right country"
    utherpendragon
    "in the past week some other posters disagreed w/me when I claimed that,USArmyParottpooper for one...."
    USArmyParottpooper
    "You're all about the Republican base but you also ignore the middle. The Republican bra ...[text shortened]... ough ballancing act.

BTW, I disagree with you about the country being center right."[/b]
    Did I say most of the country mirrors MY view, or did I simply disagree that it's center right?

You just rested a case that was never made. More strawman, big surprise.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 19:48
    where did I claim he did fool? re-read my quote you pasted!
    You said: "USParottpooper ,for one. And other leftie posters here(at RHP) implied they were represenative of the majority of the publics sentiment in the states, Which is false."

Copy and paste where I said I represent the majority of public sentiment in the states.

You can't.

Thus, you're using strawman arguments.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 00:26
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You said: "USParottpooper ,for one. And other leftie posters here(at RHP) implied they were represenative of the majority of the publics sentiment in the states, Which is false."

Copy and paste where I said I represent the majority of public sentiment in the states.

You can't.

Thus, you're using strawman arguments.
    Not you now! generalissimo rubbing off on you?

generalisimo
    "what is your point?
    utherpendragon
    "in the past week some other posters disagreed w/me when I claimed that,USArmyParottpooper for one...."
    USArmyParottpooper
    "You're all about the Republican base but you also ignore the middle. The Republican brand was severly tarnished, and don't take my word on that. Poll numbers for the party were dismal. Under those conditions trying to win the base and the middle is a very tough ballancing act.

BTW, I disagree with you about the country being center right."

read the above one more time and follow the context.My ONLY reference to YOU was in sentence (thought) number 1.
    sentence number 2 is a new thought unrelated to YOU. when I said "And others here...."was referring to OTHERS! I was not claiming you said that.
    I think I should of had a comma after "and",I capitolized it though thinking it was clear this was a unrelated. Its the way I talk,sometimes I type the same way I speak.I apologize for any confusion.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 00:51
    Not you now! generalissimo rubbing off on you?

[b]generalisimo
    "what is your point?
    utherpendragon
    USArmyParottpooper
    "You're all about the Republican base but you also ...[text shortened]... the way I talk,sometimes I type the same way I speak.I apologize for any confusion.
    Ah. Fair enough, I apologize for misreading your post.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 02:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have seen polls where Obama in terms of popularity are high, however, in terms of his policies are very, very low. My guess is that people are clueless as to what this guy is up to. At least, when I talk to his supporters they seem clueless. All they know is that he is "cool".
    the blackBerry president!
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 02:53
    I do not blame them for their silence.Until recently,they would be pounced on by the liberal loonies like a pack of ravenous wolves.You know the loons I am talking about, and so do they.

Another rasmusin poll out today says a whopping 57% of americans say the stimulas is not working and is a failure.
    72% of americans want the remaining unspent money back in form of a refund.
    Right. Let's listen to the ignorant masses.

Do you want a tax cut?

YES. YES. Cut Taxes!

Do you want to eliminate deficits and reduce the national debt?

YES. YES. Balance the budget. Pay Down the Debt!

Do you want us to reduce the government services that you enjoy?

NO. NO. Don't cut my (Medicare, military, farm subsidies, school lunch programs, subsidized college loans, faith-based programs, whatever)!

Right. Let's listen to those guys.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 15:111 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Right. Let's listen to the ignorant masses.

Do you want a tax cut?

YES. YES. Cut Taxes!

Do you want to eliminate deficits and reduce the national debt?

YES. YES. Balance the budget. Pay Down the Debt!

Do you want us to reduce the government services that you enjoy?

NO. NO. Don't cut my (Medicare, military, far ...[text shortened]... college loans, faith-based programs, whatever)!

Right. Let's listen to those guys.
    Are you telling us that the NHC will not be "free"? Do you expect me to believe that we can't continue to spend and not raise taxes on the middle class?

Why wansn't I told about this? 😠

You know telerion, you are exactly right!! The masses who put the likes of "W" in office for two terms and our current spending crusader are just plain stupid. But then I kind of feel sorry for them when "W" is wrapped to look like a conservative and he ends up being a bigger fiscal liberal than Ciinton ever came close to being. What are they suppose to do? Who can they run too in order to have true change?
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 23:33
    Are you telling us that the NHC will not be "free"? Do you expect me to believe that we can't continue to spend and not raise taxes on the middle class?

Why wansn't I told about this? 😠

You know telerion, you are exactly right!! The masses who put the likes of "W" in office for two terms and our current spending crusader are just plain stupid. But ...[text shortened]... being. What are they suppose to do? Who can they run too in order to have true change?
    We need a 30 yr old research economist in there!
    Thats what we need! 🙂
  11. At the Revolution
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 23:34
    Americans who consider themselves conservatives now outnumber Americans who consider themselves liberal by almost two to one, according to a new poll by the Washington Post and ABC News.

In the poll of 1,001 adults conducted between July 15-18, respondents were asked: "Would you say your views on most political matters are liberal, moderate, or con ...[text shortened]... oof that the RHP liberal looney bin is not main stream american thought

Any comments ? 🙂[/b]
    HAHAHA!!!
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 00:242 edits
    You know telerion, you are exactly right!! The masses who put the likes of "W" in office for two terms and our current spending crusader are just plain stupid. But then I kind of feel sorry for them when "W" is wrapped to look like a conservative and he ends up being a bigger fiscal liberal than Ciinton ever came close to being. What are they suppose to do? Who can they run too in order to have true change?[/b]
    Actually telerion, since I voted for "W" I seem to be one of these mentally challenged individuals. In fact, I am seriously considering buying a crash helmet to wear around as a result of voting for him.

As for Obama, however, you can't blame him on me!! I only voted for his white twin "W". Perhaps those that voted for Obama were mentally challenged for some reason as well. Perhaps they all had a surgical procedure known as "an Obotomy"?
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 00:39
    I have seen polls where Obama in terms of popularity are high, however, in terms of his policies are very, very low. My guess is that people are clueless as to what this guy is up to. At least, when I talk to his supporters they seem clueless. All they know is that he is "cool".
    The poll lists his popularity by policy too. They all seem pretty popular.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 13:40
    Actually telerion, since I voted for "W" I seem to be one of these mentally challenged individuals. In fact, I am seriously considering buying a crash helmet to wear around as a result of voting for him.

As for Obama, however, you can't blame him on me!! I only voted for his white twin "W". Perhaps those that voted for Obama were mentally challenged for some reason as well. Perhaps they all had a surgical procedure known as "an Obotomy"?
    Thanks for your honesty, whodey. I have voted for Bush as well as for Obama so by your standard I should be in line with you for a helmet.

Anyway, people vote for a whole host of different reasons. One has to weigh the pro's and con's of a candidate along many dimensions and arrive at some measure. Simply put, people may support a high spending candidate for many valid reasons even if they disagree with high spending.

And to Unter: no, I don't think that I'd make a good President. I'm just trying to say that popular opinion may not be a wise (or even logically feasible) course to follow for macroeconomic
    policy decisions. Sometimes you have to do what makes the most sense at the time and hope that people will understand later.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 14:53
    Originally posted by telerion
    Thanks for your honesty, whodey. I have voted for Bush as well as for Obama so by your standard I should be in line with you for a helmet.

Anyway, people vote for a whole host of different reasons. One has to weigh the pro's and con's of a candidate along many dimensions and arrive at some measure. Simply put, people may support a high spending cand ...[text shortened]... ave to do what makes the most sense at the time and hope that people will understand later.
    So you need a crash helmet AND you had an Obotomy? 😲

Now thats honesty!!

I would just say, that the problem here is that the elected officials we are voting for on the federal level have their hands in too many pockets and tinkering in too many affairs. Inevitably, the end result is that you will eventually lamenting voting for them on some level as you trust them to do "the right thing" every single time. So I guess the only answer to this dilemma would be to reduce their power. Either that or continue to lament over who we vote for.

As for making a good president, who would? You would need an army full of czars to try and do a half way decent job. Therefore, I say more power to the states. Enough already!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree