1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 18:32
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Employers nearly alwasy ask for verification. There are very few instances of employers distinctly targeting illegasls for employment, at least here in Az. I'm saying this because your demand that all employers re-verify would ultimately gain the same results. It's just easy to get through the loop.
    i am telling you this from personal experience and you can believe it or not.

The illegal shows a bogus driver liscence from a different state stating his name is say, Bob Miller w/ a fake SS card w/Bob Millers name on it. Even though on the job site he goes by the name of JOSE.

The employer has done his job,technically. Even though he knows this guy is not who he says he is.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 18:351 edit
    Employers nearly alwasy ask for verification. There are very few instances of employers distinctly targeting illegasls for employment, at least here in Az. I'm saying this because your demand that all employers re-verify would ultimately gain the same results. It's just easy to get through the loop.
    Baloney. I don't believe that millions of illegal aliens are employed and the employers are shocked, SHOCKED that they are illegal.

If it was going to cost them hard cash if they were caught with illegals working for them, they'd take more rigorous precautions in their hiring procedures.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 19:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Baloney. I don't believe that millions of illegal aliens are employed and the employers are shocked, SHOCKED that they are illegal.

If it was going to cost them hard cash if they were caught with illegals working for them, they'd take more rigorous precautions in their hiring procedures.
    What I'm telling you is that for the most part the employers are going through the rituals that are required. making them go through it twice won't help.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 19:24
    What I'm telling you is that for the most part the employers are going through the rituals that are required. making them go through it twice won't help.
    Let's find out what will happen if they face the possibility of large monetary penalties if they are caught employing illegals. My guess is the number of illegals will plummet.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 19:293 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I live in Atlanta Ga. If you are in to Construction, residential or commercial good luck finding a job.

They have flooded this area for years. Masonry,drywall carpentry,land scapeing, you name it they got the majority of the jobs.

Its a very sophisticated system the coyote's have set up on the Mexico side alond w/their counter parts here.

It
    To say Americans dont want those Jobs is a lie and "useless" knows this. And you do too.
    They get paid ten bucks an hour. The ones I know, anyway. These are skilled craftsmen with decades of experience and connections though.

Actually, I don't know if any of those guys are still illegal.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 19:322 edits
    There are very few instances of employers distinctly targeting illegasls for employment, at least here in Az.

Don't you have Home Depots over there? The parking lots are flooded with labor on demand, mostly illegal I'm sure.

If we crack down on illegal workers, agriculture is going to get hit hard.

Everyone knows by now about my indigenous fetish, so I won't spend time blabbering about it. It is relevant though.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 19:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]There are very few instances of employers distinctly targeting illegasls for employment, at least here in Az.

Don't you have Home Depots over there? The parking lots are flooded with labor on demand, mostly illegal I'm sure.

Everyone knows by now about my indigenous fetish, so I won't spend time blabbering about it. It is relevant though.[/b]
    Agriculture will muddle through somehow by following the law:

The net value added of agriculture to the U.S. economy in inflation-adjusted terms reached its two highest levels since the mid 1970s in 2004 and 2008. Inflation-adjusted net cash income has reached levels not seen since the mid-1970s for the fourth time since 2004, including the forecast for this year. The mid-1970s was the last comparable period when U.S. farming enjoyed multiple years of sustained levels of high output and income.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-30/usda-farm-income-and-costs-forecast-report-text-.html

The industry's awash in profit; it can afford to pay higher wages if that is what happens.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 21:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]There are very few instances of employers distinctly targeting illegasls for employment, at least here in Az.

Everyone knows by now about my indigenous fetish, so I won't spend time blabbering about it. It is relevant though.[/b]
    You like links. Check this out,

http://www.immigrationcounters.com/
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 22:551 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They can raise them on the unproductive rich if they feel the need to raise more revenue. But the deficit isn't our biggest problem and besides we'll never get that under control unless we put America to work again.
    One big and very easy measure that would go a long way toward reducing the deficit would be to cut the military budget in half, since I'd say at least half of the military budget is really just corporate welfare wrapped in the flag like a pig in a blanket.

Of course this cannot be done without consequences. A large part of what has made the U.S. the world leader in technological innovation over the course of the last half a century has nothing to do with the "free market" and everything to do with the perpetual "stimulus" U.S. technology developers and manufacturers get from military contracts. It's fashionable to whine about how unfair it is that U.S. companies like Boeing have to compete against foreign companies like Airbus that get direct government subsidies, but just because we like to truss up our own government subsidies as "private contracts" with the military and whatnot does not mean we don't infuse our private sector with massive subsidies. We do. But our way of doing it is inefficient because of the indirectness of it and also because a lot of the "private contracts" are for the development of utterly useless weapons of war and destruction.

So, when I say slash the military budget in half, I hasten to add that a fair chunk of the money saved (not necessarily all of it) should subsequently be redirected toward more constructive things -- such as your proposed job creation program and modernizing the nation's crumbling infrastructure.

Obviously pulling out of the gratuitous -- and UNPAID FOR -- wars the previous president conned the nation into would be another massive money saver (saying nothing of the humongous morality and credibility deficit the previous Republican regime left us with).

Yes, Obama needs to get his ass out of neutral and start doing something. I'm tired of the country being held hostage by the infantile temper tantrums of those whining bitches Boehner and McConnell, who clearly are not only in bed with the richest 1% but contorted into impossible pretzel knots with them (although they both look like they haven't been laid in a coon's age).
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 03:18
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    You like links. Check this out,

http://www.immigrationcounters.com/
    That website has a link to this youtube video about Aztlan that I think is very good.

YouTube
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 06:04
    so what happens in states where there aren't many illegals?

how's the work get done there?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 06:17
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

Umm...

None of the other states come close to California and Texas in terms of economies.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 17:01
    We need tariffs on imported goods and services.

Until that is done jobs will not return to the USA.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 21:203 edits
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

come on guys, wake up. "illegals" arent' spread out evenly across the country. They are concentrated in a few states that have specific industries not found to the extent that you find them elsewhere. We're talking mostly southern states and in particular in the agriculture and housing sectors.

You can trace american indifference to jobs in this sector right back to slavery ffs. WHY do you think the US brought slaves from Africa?? To work in the fields! Why are migrants still being brought in?....to work in the fields!!! Americans will NOT do these backbreaking jobs. That's a fact. It's considered unskilled labour and as such the wages are menial. You won't find a 300 pound cheeseburger eatin Jersey shore watching person head out at 4am to pick avocados in 90' weather for 7 bux and hour.

And if you think there are people that would do it, I suggest you, um, actually do a 5 min google search and educate yourself about 200 years of US history when it comes to migrant workers.

Opinions are meaningless.

Facts are the truth.

Here's just a tidbit of easy information available to you if you would just frickin look for it. This is from the FIRST link in google i tried.

"The average wage of the low-income American would be higher. But some of those jobs wouldn't get done at all and output would be lower," said David Wyss, chief economist for Standard & Poor's if immigration reform reduces the low-wage labor pool.

A crackdown in illegal immigration in 2004 caused a shortage of workers needed to bring in the lettuce crop in the Western United States, said Powell, which he said caused a $1 billion loss for the industry as many growers had to leave their fields unharvested.

"To hire Americans to do it, they would have had to raise wages so far, it wouldn't have been worth it for them," said Powell at the Independent Institute. "It caused less of a loss to leave the crop to rot."

As for complaints that many critics of immigration cite - demand for social and government services by immigrants - most economists believe that is outweighed by the increased economic activity, even if some specific school districts or public hospitals struggle with the costs associated serving the immigrant community."

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/01/news/economy/immigration_economy/index.htm
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 21:24
    Originally posted by uzless
    come on guys, wake up. "illegals" arent' spread out evenly across the country. They are concentrated in a few states that have specific industries not found to the extent that you find them elsewhere. We're talking mostly southern states and in particular in the agriculture business.

You can trace american indifference to jobs in this sector right bac ...[text shortened]... when it comes to migrant workers.

Opinions are meaningless.

Facts are the truth.
    Americans are too lazy to work hard is a lie. You saying it over and over and over again doesn't make it less so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree