Voter Id Laws

Voter Id Laws

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 20
4 edits

Interviewer goes to UC Berkeley to ask the student body about voter ID laws. The response: No surprise...they disenfranchise blacks and minorities etc...

He then goes to Harlem to get some opinions and shed some light on the opinions of those at UC Berkeley.

Some light hearted entertainment for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!

P.S. Kevcvs57- this one is only 5 minutes long - I promise!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Aug 20

@joe-shmo said
Interviewer goes to UC Berkeley to ask the student body about voter ID laws. The response: No surprise...they disenfranchise blacks and minorities etc...

He then goes to Harlem to get some opinions and shed some light on the opinions of those at UC Berkeley.

[youtube]3JGmKHrWKMQ[/youtube]

It’s telling that he had the whole of Harlem to fish in and he kept going back to the same people who fulfilled the predetermined goal of the video.
To say that poorer people have the same access to the internet is simply a lie or unintentionally incorrect regardless of the skin colour of the person saying it .
Are we going to get a daily video of black people agreeing with racism and voter suppression or is this just ‘black people talk crap as well awareness week’ because us non racists were already aware of that fact.
Your so the ‘I’ve got loads of black friends’ guy.
Your mission for tomorrow is to find some covid 19 sufferers who agree with Donald that it’s going away “because, you know, things go away” .
Failing that maybe some homeless people who think that capitalism is working just fine.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Aug 20

@joe-shmo said

[youtube]3JGmKHrWKMQ[/youtube]

You don't suppose this was edited with some kind of agenda do you?

... nah ... just me being overly suspicious. 😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 20
2 edits

@wolfgang59 said
You don't suppose this was edited with some kind of agenda do you?

... nah ... just me being overly suspicious. 😵
Like at the 1:00 min mark where he asks:
Interviewer: Do you think its harder for Black people to go online?
Student Body 1: Well I feel like they don't have the knowledge of like how it works.

Your saying that is edited?

How about when Student body 2 says that in Florida, felons ( that aren't allowed to vote!?! ) represent a huge proportion of African Americans?

Your saying that's edited?

What specifically do you think is spliced together in an unethical way?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Aug 20

"Even little kids know how to use the internet" 😆 Ya, man!

The liberals in LA were very racist in their views, thinking that African
Americans are so numb they don't even know where the DMV is or what it is
or how to use the internet. RACISTS.

Criminy, you need and ID to buy alcohol. Give me a break, you racist sob's.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 20

@kevcvs57 said
It’s telling that he had the whole of Harlem to fish in and he kept going back to the same people who fulfilled the predetermined goal of the video.
To say that poorer people have the same access to the internet is simply a lie or unintentionally incorrect regardless of the skin colour of the person saying it .
Are we going to get a daily video of black people agreeing w ...[text shortened]... go away” .
Failing that maybe some homeless people who think that capitalism is working just fine.
"It’s telling that he had the whole of Harlem to fish in and he kept going back to the same people who fulfilled the predetermined goal of the video."

I suppose you wished him to ask every single person in Harlem for his 5 minute clip?!?. If he had, you wouldn't watch it anyhow...it would be too long for you!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
06 Aug 20

@joe-shmo said
"It’s telling that he had the whole of Harlem to fish in and he kept going back to the same people who fulfilled the predetermined goal of the video."

I suppose you wished him to ask every single person in Harlem for his 5 minute clip?!?. If he had, you wouldn't watch it anyhow...it would be too long for you!
Try to understand that most of the weak minded posters have left this forum and it’s no good posting childishly obvious propaganda videos.
Both sections were obviously selected in the cutting room to comply with Trump and the Republicans urgent need for voter suppression.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Aug 20

One of the reasons I can think of immediately why dems want mail-in voting -
When voters show up at the polls, there is no one in the booth with you when
you cast your vote, that would be illegal.

But when mail-in ballots go out, you can bet your behind that democrat
AcTiViStS will be out in full force going to the welfare flats all over America
SHOWING people how to vote. BOOK IT.

And they won't stop there, either.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Aug 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
One of the reasons I can think of immediately why dems want mail-in voting -
When voters show up at the polls, there is no one in the booth with you when
you cast your vote, that would be illegal.

But when mail-in ballots go out, you can bet your behind that democrat
AcTiViStS will be out in full force going to the welfare flats all over America
SHOWING people how to vote. BOOK IT.

And they won't stop there, either.
Have you ever voted by mail?

If you had, you'd know the ballot they mail you is the same ballot you mark in the voting booth.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Aug 20

@suzianne said
Have you ever voted by mail?

If you had, you'd know the ballot they mail you is the same ballot you mark in the voting booth.
Of course it's the same. What does that have to do with what I said?

What the mail ballot will come with that the poll ballot will not is people
reminding you and helping you to vote

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Aug 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Of course it's the same. What does that have to do with what I said?

What the mail ballot will come with that the poll ballot will not is people
reminding you and helping you to vote
Unless you're physically unable to mark the ballot accurately, any 'help' is illegal. And such helpers have to sign the ballot. So not getting where the Republicans think the so-called "voter fraud" is happening. Mail-in ballots are as secure as voting booth ballots. The problem for Republicans is only that the more people vote, the less likely they are to win. It's been that way for decades, that's why they pull out all the shenanigans designed to keep citizens from exercising their constitutional right to vote.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Aug 20

@Suzianne Unless you're physically unable to mark the ballot accurately, any 'help' is illegal.

"Illegal"? So is dead people voting in Chicago. It doesn't stop them, does it?

Z

Moves
07 Aug 20

Ugh, this discussion again with the same tired arguments.

Voter fraud is virtually non-existent in the US. The punishment of getting caught for so little gain makes all but the most stupid/insane people abstain from it. The problem republicans are trying to fix isn't that some people vote when they shouldn't but that some people vote for the wrong candidates and it would help republicans if those people didn't vote at all.

But by all means, please continue trying to convince idiotic republican zealots of that. I am sure they will stop believing Trump (and his 3 million illegal Clinton votes lie) or other republicans.

T

Moves
07 Aug 20
2 edits

Most continental European countries issue a state-provided identity card to all citizens, and this is the ID required at the polling station. Everyone has one so nobody is disenfranchised.

Here in Britain, we always used to pride ourselves on not requiring citizens to carry ID. It was considered one of the most precious of our traditional British liberties. When I go to polling stage, I give my name and address and get ticked off the list with no need to show ID. Voter fraud is minimal here.

However, the Conservative government has pledged to introduce mandatory ID requirements for the next election. Since we have no official identity card, these presumably will have to be driving licences or passports - documents which poorer people often lack. So in the absence of a national identity document, tightening ID laws is a transparent ruse to exclude poorer demographics from voting.

It will be interesting to see if this part of the Tory manifesto is quietly dropped, now that a large number of white traditional working-class voters have gravitated in that direction.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
07 Aug 20

@teinosuke said
Most continental European countries issue a state-provided identity card to all citizens, and this is the ID required at the polling station. Everyone has one so nobody is disenfranchised.

Here in Britain, we always used to pride ourselves on not requiring citizens to carry ID. It was considered one of the most precious of our traditional British liberties. When I go to ...[text shortened]... now that a large number of white traditional working-class voters have gravitated in that direction.
It sounds very similar to what is happening in the US. But you chose not to
mention that the thrust to the movement is to prevent illegal aliens from voting.

Of course, a simple solution is give the poor people free ID's

But if Labour is anything like Democratic in America, they will flail wildly trying
to come up with an excuse as to why that can't be done.

My opinion