1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 10:33
    @metal-brain said
    You said there were no tests for the flu virus, so how do they know? Were you mistaken?
    What?
    Are you fcuking stupid or something?

They don’t test for flu.
    But, say you have flu like symptoms and go to get tested for corona and the test is negative...

There you go.
    You absolute waste of time and energy.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 11:23
    @phil-a-dork said
    "Plane crashes and it's Trump's fault but everyone died of covid"

-CNN reporting 😉
    "Covid denier with multiple RHP accounts posts more stupidity."
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 13:431 edit
    We have been vaccinating against flu for years coupled with the fact those that did totally lockdown, namely the elderly and medically vulnerable would normally be the spiking population in terms of flu deaths.
    Anti vax / covid fake conspiracy theorists love to lie about how extensive the lockdown actually is whilst not wearing masks or socially distancing themselves and going to trump rallies.
    The incidence of flu has plummeted whilst covid cases have soared because those that would normally end up in the stats for flu if they caught it have been shielding from covid to a much greater degree than the general idiot population.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 14:47
    @shavixmir said
    What?
    Are you fcuking stupid or something?

They don’t test for flu.
    But, say you have flu like symptoms and go to get tested for corona and the test is negative...

There you go.
    You absolute waste of time and energy.
    What kind of test is used? That is important.

PCR tests have both false positives and false negatives. Are all of the cases reported due to a false negative from PCR tests or was another type of test used? If you cannot answer the question you are stupid.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 14:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    We have been vaccinating against flu for years coupled with the fact those that did totally lockdown, namely the elderly and medically vulnerable would normally be the spiking population in terms of flu deaths.
    Anti vax / covid fake conspiracy theorists love to lie about how extensive the lockdown actually is whilst not wearing masks or socially distancing themselves and g ...[text shortened]... caught it have been shielding from covid to a much greater degree than the general idiot population.
    What about South Dakoda? No lockdown there and they did fine as far as SARS2 goes. If what you are saying makes any sense at all you should be able to prove SD has more flu cases than other states. Same with Florida. No lockdown there either.

Can you do that?
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 15:13
    @metal-brain said
    What about South Dakoda? No lockdown there and they did fine as far as SARS2 goes. If what you are saying makes any sense at all you should be able to prove SD has more flu cases than other states. Same with Florida. No lockdown there either.

Can you do that?
    South Dakota sounds like a naturally socially distanced example but what your rambling has to do with my analysis is beyond me.
    There is much more to pattern of this pandemic than what is happening in the US.
    I repeat the low flu incidence at a time when the elderly and medically vulnerable are shielding to a much greater extent than usual is self explanatory to anyone who’s not desperate to find evidence of a conspiracy.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 15:44
    @kevcvs57 said
    South Dakota sounds like a naturally socially distanced example but what your rambling has to do with my analysis is beyond me.
    There is much more to pattern of this pandemic than what is happening in the US.
    I repeat the low flu incidence at a time when the elderly and medically vulnerable are shielding to a much greater extent than usual is self explanatory to anyone who’s not desperate to find evidence of a conspiracy.
    Hey genius. North Dakoda is next to SD and other states naturally socially distanced in that region and Florida is has a lot of old people, yet California is far worse off even after Newsome imposed a strict lockdown.

The data does not support your claim.

Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"Another possible explanation: The coronavirus has essentially muscled aside flu and other bugs that are more common in the fall and winter. Scientists don’t fully understand the mechanism behind that, but it would be consistent with patterns seen when certain flu strains predominate over others, said Dr. Arnold Monto, a flu expert at the University of Michigan."

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/amid-covid-19-pandemic-flu-has-disappeared-in-the-us/
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 16:031 edit
    @metal-brain said

Can you do that?
    Fine? It has had 1886 COVID deaths out of a population of 896,000. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/south-dakota/
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/south-dakota-population

So despite its obvious natural advantages, it has the 8th worst death rate due to COVID among US States. Moreover, it has the 2nd highest number of cases per one million population. That despite being 48th in percentage of population tested, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 22:00
    @metal-brain said
    Hey genius. North Dakoda is next to SD and other states naturally socially distanced in that region and Florida is has a lot of old people, yet California is far worse off even after Newsome imposed a strict lockdown.

The data does not support your claim.

Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"Another possible explanation: The coronavirus has essentially muscle ...[text shortened]... of Michigan."

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/amid-covid-19-pandemic-flu-has-disappeared-in-the-us/
    North Dakota is next to South Dakota 😜 cheers brains trust, give me a shout when you’ve found a way of disputing my explanation about where the flu went.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 01:442 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Fine? It has had 1886 COVID deaths out of a population of 896,000. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/south-dakota/
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/south-dakota-population

So despite its obvious natural advantages, it has the 8th worst death rate due to COVID among US States. Moreover, it has the 2nd highest number of cases per one million popula ...[text shortened]... being 48th in percentage of population tested, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
    8th is supposed to convince me that is bad? Relative to what? What are the top 7 states? Let's compare if you are interested in being fair and transparent.

Did NJ, NY, MA, or RI have lockdowns? Why do they have so many Covid deaths?

California has more cases per capita than Florida even though Florida didn't lockdown or require masks. Florida has more deaths per capita than CA but not many more despite having a lot of elderly people being a popular retirement state.

California had strict lockdowns. Florida didn't and did just as well.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 01:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    North Dakota is next to South Dakota 😜 cheers brains trust, give me a shout when you’ve found a way of disputing my explanation about where the flu went.
    I just gave you my explanation. Here it is again.

"Another possible explanation: The coronavirus has essentially muscled aside flu and other bugs that are more common in the fall and winter. Scientists don’t fully understand the mechanism behind that, but it would be consistent with patterns seen when certain flu strains predominate over others, said Dr. Arnold Monto, a flu expert at the University of Michigan."

Pay attention.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 04:39
    @metal-brain said
    What kind of test is used? That is important.

PCR tests have both false positives and false negatives. Are all of the cases reported due to a false negative from PCR tests or was another type of test used? If you cannot answer the question you are stupid.
    🙄
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 04:40
    @metal-brain said

Pay attention.
    🙄
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 04:40
    @metal-brain said
    8th is supposed to convince me that is bad? Relative to what? What are the top 7 states? Let's compare if you are interested in being fair and transparent.

Did NJ, NY, MA, or RI have lockdowns? Why do they have so many Covid deaths?

California has more cases per capita than Florida even though Florida didn't lockdown or require masks. Florida has more deaths per cap ...[text shortened]... a popular retirement state.

California had strict lockdowns. Florida didn't and did just as well.
    🙄
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 08:371 edit
    @metal-brain said

Pay attention.
    He obviously hasn’t figured how the flu virus is transmitted and who would show on the stats if they did catch it.
    I’m not going to explain the blatantly obvious again because you never
    Pay Attention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree