1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:211 edit
    @metal-brain said
    "Laws don't have to explicitly rule out any unlikely and farfetched scenario."

LOL!
    Georgia would not have a mandatory recount for a far fetched scenario. Since it is the law in Georgia to provide a mandatory recount you are apparently taking the position that Georgia's law is far fetched and unrealistic. Is that where you are drifting to? Georgia's law is stupid?
    ...[text shortened]... ho are these organizations? I want to ask them where they got there time machines and crystal balls?
    WTF are you talking about?

I was talking about the Presidential Transition Act.

And as to your bizarre pivot, elections closer than .5% happen all the time in States.

Since you like insisting people answer YOUR questions, answer mine: Is it your interpretation of the Presidential Transition Act that all losing candidates must concede or the Act doesn't go into effect?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:29
    @no1marauder said
    WTF are you talking about?

I was talking about the Presidential Transition Act.

And as to your bizarre pivot, elections closer than .5% happen all the time in States.

Since you like insisting people answer YOUR questions, answer mine: Is it your interpretation of the Presidential Transition Act that all losing candidates must concede or the Act doesn't go into effect?
    All opposing candidates must concede or the Act doesn't go into effect UNTIL MID DEC. when those who receive the delegates is "apparent".

Now answer my question that you evaded.

Georgia would not have a mandatory recount for a far fetched scenario. Since it is the law in Georgia to provide a mandatory recount you are apparently taking the position that Georgia's law is far fetched and unrealistic.

Is that where you are drifting to? Georgia's law is stupid?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:37
    @metal-brain said
    All opposing candidates must concede or the Act doesn't go into effect UNTIL MID DEC. when those who receive the delegates is "apparent".

Now answer my question that you evaded.

Georgia would not have a mandatory recount for a far fetched scenario. Since it is the law in Georgia to provide a mandatory recount you are apparently taking the position that Georgia's law is far fetched and unrealistic.

Is that where you are drifting to? Georgia's law is stupid?
    LMAO! Well thanks for rewriting the law. Maybe you should petition Congress to change it so it comports with your absurd interpretation. They, however, did not choose to wait until the actual vote of the Electors as your stance would effectively require or they would have said so. They stated and intended the law to make transitions easier not delay them.

I answered your question as idiotic as it was. It is quite "realistic" that some elections in a State are going to be closer than .5%, so a law mandating a recount in that scenario wouldn't be "farfetched". As to whether it is "stupid", that would be up to the representatives of the People in Georgia to decide.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 14:521 edit
    @no1marauder said
    LMAO! Well thanks for rewriting the law. Maybe you should petition Congress to change it so it comports with your absurd interpretation. They, however, did not choose to wait until the actual vote of the Electors as your stance would effectively require or they would have said so. They stated and intended the law to make transitions easier not delay them.

I answered yo ...[text shortened]... whether it is "stupid", that would be up to the representatives of the People in Georgia to decide.
    "so a law mandating a recount in that scenario wouldn't be "farfetched"."

So now you admit Georgia's law mandating a recount is not far fetched. That means a change in the result in that specific state is possible. Claiming it is "apparent" it will not change is obviously false

BTW, I didn't rewrite any law or suggest it and you know that fully well. It is you that wan'ts to rewrite Georgia's law to make recounts harder until it is a democrat that requests a recount. Then you will resort to another double standard and support what you once fought because of the mental illness known as partisan bias.

Most of what you wrote was nonsensical garbage I suspect nobody understands but you and maybe you don't either. Are you stomping your feet again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree