1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 23:281 edit
    Now that our beloved President Donald J Trump has stood on the world stage in Helsinki and flipped the middle finger to America's law enforcement and intelligence communities by taking the word of a murdering dictator and former KGB operative over his own intel. people with a mountain of evidence to backup their claims of Russian interference in the 2016 election. Will this finally be what it takes for his followers to begin to lose faith in "The Donald?" Will this finally move the needle? I'd put the odds at 1 chance in 3. Any other guess's?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 01:202 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Now that our beloved President Donald J Trump has stood on the world stage in Helsinki and flipped the middle finger to America's law enforcement and intelligence communities by taking the word of a murdering dictator and former KGB operative over his own intel. people with a mountain of evidence to backup their claims of Russian interference in the 2016 ele ...[text shortened]... onald?" Will this finally move the needle? I'd put the odds at 1 chance in 3. Any other guess's?
    If you wish hard enough and believe, really believe...
    then all of your dreams will come true. 😵

YouTube
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 01:21
    Now that our beloved President Donald J Trump has stood on the world stage in Helsinki and flipped the middle finger to America's law enforcement and intelligence communities by taking the word of a murdering dictator and former KGB operative over his own intel. people with a mountain of evidence to backup their claims of Russian interference in the 2016 ele ...[text shortened]... onald?" Will this finally move the needle? I'd put the odds at 1 chance in 3. Any other guess's?
    wanna go fishing?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 01:49
    The conspiracy theory of Russian collusion will be met with a conspiracy theory that US intelligence is conspiring against Trump. What are they gonna do then, make fun of conspiracy theories?

That combined with the reality that the FBI has not really shown evidence of Russian hacking and is merely saying they have it will create enough doubt for the partisan defending of Trump to continue.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 02:131 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    The conspiracy theory of Russian collusion will be met with a conspiracy theory that US intelligence is conspiring against Trump. What are they gonna do then, make fun of conspiracy theories?

That combined with the reality that the FBI has not really shown evidence of Russian hacking and is merely saying they have it will create enough doubt for the partisan defending of Trump to continue.
    While everyone is obsessed with who can muddy the waters better, the probe continues.

The new twist to the equation is exactly what today's events will do to the Trump base.

Given that the Trump base is about 25%, the better question is what will happen with the "not fully committed" vote.

Getting into wishful thinking about throwing more mud at the opposition won't get to the bottom of the problems in your great country.

Of course, maybe that's what you want
    After all, you are locked in a life and death civil war with the liberals, aren't ya ? 😀
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 02:26
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    While everyone is obsessed with who can muddy the waters better, the probe continues.

The new twist to the equation is exactly what today's events will do to the Trump base.

Given that the Trump base is about 25%, the better question is what will happen with the "not fully committed" vote.

Getting into wishful thinking about throwing more mud at th ...[text shortened]... want
    After all, you are locked in a life and death civil war with the liberals, aren't ya ? 😀
    Last I heard Trump's base was close to 40%. I doubt that has changed much in 2 weeks.

There is no proof of Russian government hacking we have seen. The FBI reports they have proof that they never offer the public. It is completely dependent on faith in the FBI. That fact will not elude the common people forever.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 02:40
    YouTube

Any day now............
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 04:22
    On the plus side the USA can save a fortune on its intelligence services.
    Donald just has to pick up the phone and ask his mate Putin.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 04:361 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 06:12
    Trump still scores reasonably high on the quality of being a "strong leader". I suspect his acting like Putin's poodle plus the bashing he got even from usually friendly sources like Fox News and Tea Partiers like Amash might cause his approval ratings to dip a bit.

5% by the end of next week is my guess.
  11. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 06:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    sometimes is is necessary to wave the sarcasm flag...
  12. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 07:13
    The odds are much lower. Trump has already polluted the credibility of US Intelligence community in a way that the stormtroopers will regard the word of Putin over their own agencies.

The saddest thing about is that this is only the latest in a long string of attacks. One of the biggest benefits from the long alliance between the US and Europe is the common threat assessment and cooperation between international agencies. Putin wants this gone, of course, and Trump will continue to try to make it happen.

As an indicator you can use the Trumpians from this forum. They will keep doing their victim mentality and whataboutarim ad nauseam and otherwise disregard what is happening around them.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 07:27
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    sometimes is is necessary to wave the sarcasm flag...
    ....or tow the Party line?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 08:02
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Trump still scores reasonably high on the quality of being a "strong leader". I suspect his acting like Putin's poodle plus the bashing he got even from usually friendly sources like Fox News and Tea Partiers like Amash might cause his approval ratings to dip a bit.

5% by the end of next week is my guess.
    My bet is on a dip from 42% to 41%.

Trump's cultists are too invested for this incident to trigger introspection. It will make it all the more amusing when they finally have to, though - at least, the not completely batdroppings insane part of the not-Clinton voters. Speaking of not-Clinton voters, are you regretting casting the wrong vote yet?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 11:30
    Yeah, not holding my breath.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree