red white and blue blooded american would use an M-16! 😠

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! 
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 08:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now it seems more likely it was domestic terror, some kind of anti government group with a gripe against a local government office it seems, they targeted a county health bash, a luncheon for county health workers.

This was a cowardly act in the worse way, so far 14 dead and 14 more injured, the perps in full body military armor with masks just burst in fir ...[text shortened]... n burn up in a furnace or ax it apart to keep from being tracked. All the hallmarks of true cowards.
    "All the hallmarks of true cowards." How true.

Thanks for the update to this timely thread.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 09:20
    "For this city, it has been a day of panic and chaos, as people struggle to cope with America's worst mass shooting in three years. By one measure though, there has been more than one mass shooting on average every day this year. In that respect this was just another day in the United States of America."

Quoted from:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34991855

Obama said in response to the shooting: "One thing we do know is that we have a pattern of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere in the world."

NI never experienced this level of violence, even at the height of The Troubles.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 09:37
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Given that the criticizer was being a bit of a douche in the midst of a horrible tragedy, I'd say he deserves it.
    Name me another first world country were public shootings are as common than in the states? Starts to become less of a tragedy in time. Sure it's sad for the families and I can't imagine being or knowing anyone involved in the incedent but the fact remains that this is something that is imbedded in the culture there and needs to be seriously looked at.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 09:52
    Originally posted by moonbus
    "For this city, it has been a day of panic and chaos, as people struggle to cope with America's worst mass shooting in three years. By one measure though, there has been more than one mass shooting on average every day this year. In that respect this was just another day in the United States of America."

Quoted from:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-cana ...[text shortened]... the world."

NI never experienced this level of violence, even at the height of The Troubles.
    I grew up in the north during 'the troubles' and to be honest it's impossible to compare a little country like NI with America. We have a population of less than 1 million and there was/is a political agenda behind the vast majority of our attacks. Most shootings were carried out with sectarian targets in mind, of course civilians were also harmed and killed but they generally weren't the targets. The only time you can say that regular people were targeted was when bombs were planted and the amount of activated devices wasn't that high. The most notable was in omagh in the 90s when I think around 25 people were killed, the rest were mostly for the fear facter with little to no injuries.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 10:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I grew up in the north during 'the troubles' and to be honest it's impossible to compare a little country like NI with America. We have a population of less than 1 million and there was/is a political agenda behind the vast majority of our attacks. Most shootings were carried out with sectarian targets in mind, of course civilians were also harmed and killed ...[text shortened]... ound 25 people were killed, the rest were mostly for the fear facter with little to no injuries.
    I agree, the two situations are very different. I merely wanted to point out that even in a place where there was effectively civil war for over a decade, the level of violence was significantly lower than everyday U.S.A.

America needs anger management. NI needed for politicians to sit down at the same table and start talking.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 17:30
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I agree, the two situations are very different. I merely wanted to point out that even in a place where there was effectively civil war for over a decade, the level of violence was significantly lower than everyday U.S.A.

America needs anger management. NI needed for politicians to sit down at the same table and start talking.
    So we should talk with ISIS?
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 17:39
    Talk softly and carry a big stick.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 17:39
    Where is Isis involved in this thread other than your wrong assumption of them being involved in the California attack?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 17:48
    Where is Isis involved in this thread other than your wrong assumption of them being involved in the California attack?
    It may not be wrong. The couple was clearly radicalized and they were said to have visited the middle east, maybe Saudi. (Not where I would expect they would go to be Isisated.)
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 20:14
    Name me another first world country were public shootings are as common than in the states? Starts to become less of a tragedy in time. Sure it's sad for the families and I can't imagine being or knowing anyone involved in the incedent but the fact remains that this is something that is imbedded in the culture there and needs to be seriously looked at.
    This should have been your first post in the thread. It actually has a bit of humanity and compassion.
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 03:13
    Americans kill more Americans per year that Isis ever will. Sort out your mess of a country.
    Thanks for that. Your sense of compassion in the wake of a tragedy is underwhelming.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 05:15
    I grew up in the north during 'the troubles' and to be honest it's impossible to compare a little country like NI with America. We have a population of less than 1 million and there was/is a political agenda behind the vast majority of our attacks. Most shootings were carried out with sectarian targets in mind, of course civilians were also harmed and killed ...[text shortened]... ound 25 people were killed, the rest were mostly for the fear facter with little to no injuries.
    Then technically, if you compared the number killed to the overall population of the country in question, the US is far less dangerous than NI.....am I right?
  14. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 07:02
    It may not be wrong. The couple was clearly radicalized and they were said to have visited the middle east, maybe Saudi. (Not where I would expect they would go to be Isisated.)
    "San Bernardino police chief Jarrod Burguan says the two suspects in yesterday’s mass shooting were carrying more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition and had 12 pipe bombs, along with additional bomb making material, back at their home in Redlands. Burguan said a remote-controlled pipe bomb was also found at the scene but it failed to detonate. Fourteen people were killed and 17 injured in the shooting rampage on Wednesday."

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2015/dec/03/san-bernardino-shooting-pipe-bombs-police-video
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 07:14
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170 to Trv33
    Thanks for that. Your sense of compassion in the wake of a tragedy is underwhelming.
    Wanting a solution is not compassionate?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree