General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Dec '15 07:17
    So, uh, what are you people arguing about now?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46061
    04 Dec '15 07:32
    Originally posted by Seitse
    So, uh, what are you people arguing about now?
    1. Is suggesting something should be done about Americans shooting each other not compassionate?

    2. Is Northern Ireland more dangerous to live in than USA?

    You owe me 10 Euros for my precis services!
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Dec '15 09:271 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. Is suggesting something should be done about Americans shooting each other not compassionate?

    2. Is Northern Ireland more dangerous to live in than USA?

    You owe me 10 Euros for my precis services!
    1. Yes, it is compassionate, as long as they get to keep their M-16s but
    not the grenade launchers.

    2. No, unless you consider acquiring an STD an actual danger.

    P.S. Sure, PM me your bank account details.
  4. hirsute rooster
    Joined
    13 Apr '05
    Moves
    16602
    04 Dec '15 10:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Without googling I'd put money on NI being safer than USA.

    (Maybe not a lot of money ....)
    Gun deaths per 100,000 population :

    USA: ~ 10.5
    UK: ~ 0.25

    (http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states & http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-kingdom)
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10372
    04 Dec '15 13:14
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Then technically, if you compared the number killed to the overall population of the country in question, the US is far less dangerous than NI.....am I right?
    I would say no. We had a type of civil war, America just has some nutjobs and slacker gun laws. Our violence started in the 70s, would be intersting to compare both places from that time to see which place is proportionately considered more dangerous. I would still hazard a guess at the states.
  6. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    04 Dec '15 14:28
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I would say no. We had a type of civil war, America just has some nutjobs and slacker gun laws. Our violence started in the 70s, would be intersting to compare both places from that time to see which place is proportionately considered more dangerous. I would still hazard a guess at the states.
    Your flag says Columbia. Is that where you reside now? Columbia had famous Cartel battles and I think they are ongoing as we speak. That would make at least some sections of Columbia very dangerous to this day.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40264
    04 Dec '15 15:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Wanting a solution is not compassionate?
    Sometimes it is not what you say, but how and when you say it. Case in point:

    Originally posted by Trev33
    Americans kill more Americans per year that Isis ever will. Sort out your mess of a country.

    A tragedy is a tragedy. Try to put aside your contempt for our country, just for a day or two...and let us at least mop up the pools of innocent blood and bury our dead? And then you and Trev can resume your constructive criticisms of our nation.
    Authorities are still sorting things out, and whether this turns out to be domestic terrorism or just "regular" terrorism, it is still horrific.
  8. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40264
    04 Dec '15 15:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your flag says Columbia. Is that where you reside now? Columbia had famous Cartel battles and I think they are ongoing as we speak. That would make at least some sections of Columbia very dangerous to this day.
    Sonhouse...Trev, wolfgang and Seitse live in utopias...didn't you know? Void of all societal issues and problems. Their countries/governments enjoy unblemished histories and always, always make philanthropic, altruistic policies.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Dec '15 15:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Columbia
    Colombia, you silly gringo.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Dec '15 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Sonhouse...Trev, wolfgang and Seitse live in utopias...didn't you know? Void of all societal issues and problems. Their countries/governments enjoy unblemished histories and always, always make philanthropic, altruistic policies.
    No, we don't, sweetie, but since my countries don't have a recent
    history of invasion, pillage, and imposing their will on weaker ones,
    the debate naturally focusses on the ones they do, like the US and
    Russia, for example. So, don't try to defend a moot point through
    sophisms and deflection.

    Speaking of which, when are you and I going to dance the mambo, uh?
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40264
    04 Dec '15 16:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    No, we don't, sweetie, but since my countries don't have a recent
    history of invasion, pillage, and imposing their will on weaker ones,
    the debate naturally focusses on the ones they do, like the US and
    Russia, for example. So, don't try to defend a moot point through
    sophisms and deflection.

    Speaking of which, when are you and I going to dance the mambo, uh?
    How many "countries" do you live in?

    You are entitled to your opinion. I could care less what it is...mostly because you are just obnoxious about everything and never offer up anything positive.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29888
    04 Dec '15 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Sonhouse...Trev, wolfgang and Seitse live in utopias...didn't you know? Void of all societal issues and problems. Their countries/governments enjoy unblemished histories and always, always make philanthropic, altruistic policies.
    I am going to go way out on a limb here and take it upon myself to suggest that this may be a bit of a straw man. Am I being overly tough?
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40264
    04 Dec '15 16:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am going to go way out on a limb here and take it upon myself to suggest that this may be a bit of a straw man. I'm I being overly tough?
    Sarcasm, my friend. Surely you are familiar with it? 😉
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29888
    04 Dec '15 16:33
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Sarcasm, my friend. Surely you are familiar with it? 😉
    Yes, but does it address the matter in hand or dodge it? I'd say it just dodges it.
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    40264
    04 Dec '15 16:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, but does it address the matter in hand or dodge it? I'd say it just dodges it.
    Hmmmm, well, you are King Dodger....you must have good insight into dodging? 😛
Back to Top