1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 06:32
    You can pm the entry that is fine (with the character limit you would have to send it in 2 sections or more)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 06:34
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Is it permissible to PM the entry? I don't use email except to register at sites and that sort of thing.
    Yep that is fine you might have to send it in a couple of messages due to character limit
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 14:58
    I have a serious question: If I manage to write a Piece I like better thna my original submitted entry could I chnage that. Or are all submitted entries fix?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 17:57
    Yes you can change your entry you are also allowed to submit two entries
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 19:37
    “The less conscious one is of being 'a writer,' the better the writing.” -Pico Iyer
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 21:03
    Bump
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 22:41
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Bump
    Firstly, let me say: My God, you give them long deadlines. I used to stand behind people with a whip and beat the prose out of them.

Secondly, do you have a link to any other of your prose competitions?

Thirdly, how is this in the General forum? There came a time when I looked down upon my beloved Prose Competition and decided that my creation was no longer garnering as much interest as it usually did, and this waning attention spelled certain doom for us all as a species. And then, to add salt to my wounds, the mods here FORCED me to move the competition and all associated threads to the blasted desolate Culture Forum.

I thought it would be dead by now for certain, but glad to see it still alive.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 22:58
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Firstly, let me say: My God, you give them long deadlines. I used to stand behind people with a whip and beat the prose out of them.

Secondly, do you have a link to any other of your prose competitions?

Thirdly, how is this in the General forum? There came a time when I looked down upon my beloved Prose Competition and decided that my creation was no ...[text shortened]... Culture Forum.

I thought it would be dead by now for certain, but glad to see it still alive.
    Quiet, man. Or I shall shush you with the legendary Librarian's Shush.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 23:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Quiet, man. Or I shall shush you with the legendary Librarian's Shush.
    Pardon me, sir, I was politely asking a few simple questions, as I have not been here for years. There's no need to get defensive.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 23:09
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Pardon me, sir, I was politely asking a few simple questions, as I have not been here for years. There's no need to get defensive.
    Aiiigh, good riposte. 🙂
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 23:29
    Couple of entries now in keep them coming 🙂
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 00:30
    Hopscotch, I think you should mark your return by winning this year's competition with an absolutely brilliant entry. 🙂
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 00:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Hopscotch, I think you should mark your return by winning this year's competition with an absolutely brilliant entry. 🙂
    Hi Kewpie! That's very sweet of you to say but I'm afraid that my ability to write prose has been severely hampered by years of atrophy.

Perhaps I'll consider it.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 23:44
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “The less conscious one is of being 'a writer,' the better the writing.” -Pico Iyer
    So I can write from a coma! yay!

Hey, it worked for Hemingway.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 00:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So I can write from a coma! yay!

Hey, it worked for Hemingway.
    Ernest Hemingway referred to the plain sheet of paper staring up at a writer as the 'white bull'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree