1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 02:15
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    He HAS been that since I had the misfortune to come across him years ago. 😉 I figure the only place he can be a tough guy is behind his keyboard.
    -VR
    If one is going to be anonymous, then I think one needs to be honest with one's self first. Otherwise the temptation to denigrate others can be overpowering. I don't really know why I think that, but it sure sounds good. 😉
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 02:212 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    If one is going to be anonymous, then I think one needs to be honest with one's self first. Otherwise the temptation to denigrate others can be overpowering. I don't really know why I think that, but it sure sounds good. 😉
    I find personally I've mellowed out over the years. Learned it really doesn't matter who can do what. We are all good at something. Even Kegge I am sure has his good points. 😉 It is just to discover what they might be!!
    -VR
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 03:15
    Originally posted by Kegge
    You are still an alcoholic. You just don't drink.
    Rusty is a recovering alcoholic, as am I (40 years). You, on the other hand, are an unreconstructed jerk.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 06:06
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Rusty is a recovering alcoholic, as am I (40 years). You, on the other hand, are an unreconstructed jerk.
    Thank you tot the compliment. Now go and explain it to VR because he is still in denial.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 06:08
    I'm curious. What makes Kegge think? I mean, what makes Kegge think having a subscription adds to his stature in these forums?
    Another daft one. I did not say forum I said site.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 14:211 edit
    Another daft one. I did not say forum I said site.
    He did not say "forum" he said "forums" which would include most of the site except for the chess part of it, but it was understood he meant the site. Perhaps you just didn't get it.

"What makes Kegge think? I mean, what makes Kegge think having a subscription adds to his stature in these forums?"

I believe he was talking mainly about the forums!

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 14:231 edit
    Congratulations, 24 years on March 22, for me, heading for the big 25 next March 22/17 providing I see it! Kegge just doesn't understand. Or perhaps he has a problem and is in denial. I was the last one to know I had a problem, because it doesn't exist until you admit it to yourself.
    -VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 14:34
    Thank you tot the compliment. Now go and explain it to VR because he is still in denial.
    What do you mean by "tot"? I don't believe he was giving you a compliment, sir.

-VR
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 14:343 edits
    Gee Randers I didn't know that, congratulations on beating the bottle. Do you not even touch anything, I mean like can you not have a beer or a glass of cider or a glass of wine with a meal?

YouTube : Richard Burton
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:301 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Gee Randers I didn't know that, congratulations on beating the bottle. Do you not even touch anything, I mean like can you not have a beer or a glass of cider or a glass of wine with a meal?

[youtube Richard Burton]cgF1fzCqu-k[/youtube]
    That is only because you don't pay attention, or read and understand what it is being said. You know like you do in the Clan forum. You have no understanding if you haven't actually been through it. Make fun all you want, I am happy with me now. That was a whole different life time ago.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karma is nipping hard now, feel it?
    -VR
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:40
    That is only because you don't pay attention, or read and understand what it is being said. You know like you do in the Clan forum. You have no understanding if you haven't actually been through it. Make fun all you want, I am happy with me now. That was a whole different life time ago.
    Kindest Regards,
    -VR
    I too was in the clutches of drugs and alcohol for over two decades. Finally saw the light. Been clean since 92. Keep the faith Rusty.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:44
    Kindest Regards,
    -VR
    First of all no one is making fun of anyone. Will you please stop projecting your cynicism, its unwarranted and completely without basis in reality.

My question was a serious one directed towards HandyAndy and simply attempting to ascertain whether he is completely tee total or whether he can have a beer/glass of wine/glass of cider with a meal. I have NOT attempted to ridicule anyone and I really resent your vile insinuation that I have.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:45
    I too was in the clutches of drugs and alcohol for over two decades. Finally saw the light. Been clean since 92. Keep the faith Rusty.
    Does this mean that you must remain totally tea total? like you cannot have a beer?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:50
    Kindest Regards,
    -VR
    If you had watched the video prior to posting your inane drivel you would see that it was a serious question.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I can't speak for anyone else. In my case, total abstention is the cure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree