1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '15 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But his rec count should be calibrated down.

Like Start Trek actor* who turns up at a nerds** fan convention who could turn up and say anything and get applause, so it is with the Russ.

*I'm not comparing Russ to the Shat.
    **I'm not saying there are nerds here.
    Yeah soooo many suck-ups and Russki flunkies, remember this is the dictator that banned Badger.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 05:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yeah soooo many suck-ups and Russki flunkies, remember this is the dictator that banned Badger.
    Robbie, you might want to reread your post and answer yourself the question twho is keeping up the site and who is sponsoring it...

As I pointed out elsewhere the Badger was asking for a ban by not trying to play by the rules. No whining on hat.

And you can post all the abuse in the clans forum.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 08:193 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Robbie, you might want to reread your post and answer yourself the question twho is keeping up the site and who is sponsoring it...

As I pointed out elsewhere the Badger was asking for a ban by not trying to play by the rules. No whining on hat.

And you can post all the abuse in the clans forum.
    I have read my post already, I cannot say why I need to read it again. I understood it the first time. There is no abuse in my text. Its a simple assertion also noted by divesgeester that a disproportionate amount of 'likes', 'thumbs up', 'recommendations', call it what you will was given to a certain post by simple reason of the perceived importance of the personality behind the post rather than the posts actual content. If you think this is unfair or untrue then you need to provide evidence for that. I think the proposition has merit that its simply the result of the prevalence of super flunkies (also known as suck-ups) otherwise how else are we to come to terms with the disparity? Please explain?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 08:33
    ... remember this is the dictator that banned Badger.
    Redbadger was banned for being an abusive prick. Unfortunately one does not get banned just being a prick or you'd be gone too.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 11:07
    Redbadger was banned for being an abusive prick. Unfortunately one does not get banned just being a prick or you'd be gone too.
    gee waz up dude you not getting any love? it would make me bitter and twisted too.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 21:151 edit
    Oh, please.

And you're the one setting himself up as the Judge of Others? "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"

Russ did us a favor by banning him. Too bad he let him come back.

Maybe one of these days, the badger will learn his lesson.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 21:21
    I have read my post already, I cannot say why I need to read it again. I understood it the first time. There is no abuse in my text. Its a simple assertion also noted by divesgeester that a disproportionate amount of 'likes', 'thumbs up', 'recommendations', call it what you will was given to a certain post by simple reason of the perceived importan ...[text shortened]... nown as suck-ups) otherwise how else are we to come to terms with the disparity? Please explain?
    I don't suppose it ever entered your pea brain that he got the "up-thumbs" because people agreed with him.

That's pretty much how the "thumbs-up"/"thumbs-down" system works. That's also why you receive more thumbs-down than any other poster, BY FAR.

Now the "Recs" system was a "popularity contest". That's why it was replaced by this system, which allows people to also show their displeasure with a thumbs-down as well, and was a stroke of genius, in my estimation.
  8. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    28 Mar '15 21:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't suppose it ever entered your pea brain that he got the "up-thumbs" because people agreed with him.

That's pretty much how the "thumbs-up"/"thumbs-down" system works. That's also why you receive more thumbs-down than any other poster, BY FAR.

Now the "Recs" system [b]was
    a "popularity contest". That's why it was replaced by this system, w ...[text shortened]... show their displeasure with a thumbs-down as well, and was a stroke of genius, in my estimation.[/b]
    No axe to grind here, really..

But if a group of people are 'friends' on here. Generally get on, chat amicably etc

They will give 'thumbs up' to anything a member of that group posts, if they are so inclined. Agreed? It isn't unlikely?

Just think that undermines the whole system.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Mar '15 06:26
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    No axe to grind here, really..

But if a group of people are 'friends' on here. Generally get on, chat amicably etc

They will give 'thumbs up' to anything a member of that group posts, if they are so inclined. Agreed? It isn't unlikely?

Just think that undermines the whole system.
    So to which of these groups does Russ belong? what youdescribe is mainly found in the Clans forum and in debates, though in the latter the thumbs down drown out the thumbs up regularly...

Not all his posts get the same amount of recommendations. One of the points why this one stuck out.

Calling people who thumb up a well put reply to some obviously jokingly remark "suck-ups" or worse is not warranted, as it to call Russ a dictator. And I for one take offence.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Mar '15 07:17
    I'd never be allowed to register. 😀
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '15 07:58
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So to which of these groups does Russ belong? what youdescribe is mainly found in the Clans forum and in debates, though in the latter the thumbs down drown out the thumbs up regularly...

Not all his posts get the same amount of recommendations. One of the points why this one stuck out.

Calling people who thumb up a well put reply to some obviously ...[text shortened]... "suck-ups" or worse is not warranted, as it to call Russ a dictator. And I for one take offence.
    Then how else are we to explain the disparity Ponderable? If you or I made a post with similar content would it have received the attention that it has? No, well the people who thumbed it up must of had some motivation for doing so, a motivation other than purely the content. Is it wrong to term such ones, flunkies and suck-ups? I don't think so. Perhaps your moral sensibilities are offended by the sheer candour? After all its not polite society to say what one actually thinks less someone else is offended. Does Russ have absolute authority? then he is by definition a dictator. Again this may offend your moral sensibilities due to certain perceptions the word conjures to our minds but that is in essence a subjective reality and open to interpretation.

If I am wrong then I will apologise to you for the offence caused but I need a valid reason as to why it should be construed as offensive, otherwise my apology shall simply be a kind of social convention, empty and devoid. Is that really what you want?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '15 08:061 edit

Now the "Recs" system [b]was
    a "popularity contest". That's why it was replaced by this system, w ...[text shortened]... show their displeasure with a thumbs-down as well, and was a stroke of genius, in my estimation.[/b]
    No it has been my experience that people thumb up or down based on an emotive reaction rather than reason or the actual content of the post. How anyone can believe that the system of recommendation has any merit I cannot say, all it takes is one clan like metallica to have three or four of its members thumb up a post and it makes it. Very few of these recommended posts ever make it on merit alone. Can we take your evaluation of 'genius' as further evidence of your flunkism?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '15 08:08
    Oh, please.

And you're the one setting himself up as the Judge of Others? "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"

Russ did us a favor by banning him. Too bad he let him come back.

Maybe one of these days, the badger will learn his lesson.
    not wanting to labour the point too much, if Russ had really wanted to do us a favour he would have banned you as well for your foul mouthed rants.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 11:53
    [...]**I'm not saying there are nerds here.
    Actually I overlooked it the last time I went through this thread...get a thumb up from me 😉
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 12:05
    not wanting to labour the point too much, if Russ had really wanted to do us a favour he would have banned you as well for your foul mouthed rants.
    Robbie shoots and scores Back Of The Net.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree