1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 18:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "you", ["me"], "us" or ["I"]; "we"; "our": [ _____ ] Specific?
    my Reveal Hidden Content
    the word was written on a gum wrapper and placed inside an empty mayonnaise jar sitting on the front porch of Funk and Wagnalls
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 18:36
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    my [hidden]the word was written on a gum wrapper and placed inside an empty mayonnaise jar sitting on the front porch of Funk and Wagnalls[/hidden]
    .... what personalized "word was written on a gum wrapper..."?
  3. In your face
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 18:39
    Word for an important need but it's already been established that the word
    is a singular personal pronoun. Specific personal word _____?
    Ah phoooeeeee. I retire.

Wake me up when it's all over.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 18:55
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Ah phoooeeeee. I retire.

Wake me up when it's all over.
    Think through the answer and, then, it's your turn......
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 04:253 edits
    Your question was what is the most important word in the world, and where can it be found. We use it all the time and it's a specific personal (or personalized) word. What I don't get is why this word is the most important word in the world. What is so important about this particular word?

"...the word is a singular personal pronoun. Specific personal word _____?"

Is the word mine?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 05:10
    Your question was what is the most important word in the world, and where can it be found. We use it all the time and it's a specific personal (or personalized) word. What I don't get is why this word is the most important word in the world. What is so important about this particular word?

Is the word [b]mine
    ?[/b]
    "Is the word mine?"

"Mine" signifies the possessive nature of the thing. Example: This thread is mine. What is distinctively yours?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 06:22
    "Is the word [b]mine?"

"Mine" signifies the possessive nature of the thing. Example: This thread is mine. What is distinctively yours?[/b]
    I suspect you have a penchant for compound words. Is this word myself? (Myself can be found wherever I am.) Reveal Hidden Content
    no matter where you go, there you are
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 07:362 edits
    I suspect you have a penchant for compound words. Is this word [b]myself? (Myself can be found wherever I am.) [hidden]no matter where you go, there you are[/hidden][/b]
    We're more than three quarters of the way home. I'm almost inclined to disclose the word and, having done so, to suggest reversing roles. "Almost" because I know you well enough to realize you've made a considerable investment in arriving at the word on your own. At this point, neither "compound words" nor pronouns really matter. You've realized the central focus: "no matter where [you] go, there [you] are". Please bank off "you"; what about you is distinctively important?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 04:46

Is the word [b]mine
    ?[/b]
    Originally posted by lemon lime So is the answer to the word game "name"? (Thought Association Game)

Yes, my patient friend. What word in the language is more important than our given name? We respond to it as infants and toddlers; we wear it on our foreheads or chests in our teens; we listen for it in business meetings until we're called upon; that single word becomes an endearment when spoken by our loved ones and close friends. It's as distinctive as our souls.

Note: It's your well earned turn to administer the benign intellectual headaches for awhile. You're a stalwart guy. Thanks.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 17:53
    Originally posted by lemon lime So is the answer to the word game "name"? (Thought Association Game)

Yes, my patient friend. What word in the language is more important than our given name? We respond to it as infants and toddlers; we wear it on our foreheads or chests in our teens; we listen for it in business meetings until we're called upon ...[text shortened]... turn to administer the benign intellectual headaches for awhile. You're a stalwart guy. Thanks.
    nickname? Reveal Hidden Content
    I'll look into my bag of benign intellectual headaches and see what I can come up with
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 17:57
    [b]nickname? [hidden]I'll look into my bag of benign intellectual headaches and see what I can come up with[/hidden][/b]
    Is "nickname?" the next basic human need question?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 18:17
    Is "nickname?" the next basic human need question?
    No, I'm still trying to figure out what your mysterious word is.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 18:21
    > Posted in reply last night to the "Thought Association Game" thread (page 3)
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 20:09
    Originally Posted by lemon lime (Thought Association Game Page 3)

"I can't think of a personal pronoun I haven't already posted at the other thread. I also don't know what one particular word could be appropriate in any setting, from talking to a baby to talking to someone at a board meeting. At this point I would have to mechanically (in my mind) go through the alphabet starting with the letter "A", and try finding the word in this manner.

I can do this, but not when I need to rest and let the day melt away from my mind. Turning my mind off at the end of the day can be next to impossible unless I manage to find my way to the "nothing box". And if insomnia awaits me then sometimes a cup of coffee is enough to get me to relax so I can drift off to sleep. Sometimes nothing works, so I have to wait until hopefully the sandman shows up and mercifully beats me into unconsciousness with his bag of sand... grim, but effective."

Mine would simply be "Bob" or Bobby" or when I'd disobeyed when young "Robert" from my Dad.

Postscript: Be nice to the Sandman. He's really your friend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree