General Forum

General Forum

1. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:182 edits
    On the negative side:

I voted to leave. Because I did this I got called a racist by people are glibly proclaiming tolerance and acceptance. People who have known me closely for years and years. Also attacked were millions of other people who hold sincere concerns about the economic and democratic future of the U.K under the current direction and construct of the EU.

A large section of young people vilified the older generations for "f****** their future up", and some commentators actually supported this overtly ageist and anti-democratic bigotry by condemning a voting group which still contains a segment of those who fought and survived military oppression from an albeit small segment of Europe. These people, grandparents and great grandparents provided the democratic blanket these beautiful young people now reside under and to enjoy the freedom to chose to go to Glastonbury music festival instead of getting of their disengaged entitled arses and voting. 75% of "young people" who voted, voted to leave; but only a fraction, maybe 38% bothered to vote. And they called the older generation stupid!

A spate of hate crime kicked off, catalysed and legitimised (in the minds of the perpetrators) by "winning" the vote. These disgusting sub-humans who shame our United kingdom should be found and if convicted, properly birched, in public, and then locked up. I'm neither joking nor exaggerating.

Our political leaders played with their metaphorical balls; frozen in disbelief as the majority of the UK told them to shove their scaremongering up their self-interested bottoms. David (I won't resign either way) Cameron, immediately resigned in a fluffy of teary-eyed goodwill and hasn't been see since despite being our Prime Minister. His gutless ineffectiveness knows no bounds. The opposition seem to have pressed the self-destruct bottom and Boris Johnson has pooped his pants and just sort of stood there for a few days, mesmerised, as the realisation of the mammoth but generationally significant task loomed ahead of him (if he goes for it) like two massive headlights. What a bunch cretinous, low-visioned naval gazers.

On the positive side:

Democrat power is back. Power to overturn governments and shift continental political landscapes. Democracy. What a beautiful word. For years the British voting public have become complacent about the power of democracy. Not any more.

For years we have all sat back in the comfort of the established here and now. General election turnouts have been declining for decades - nobody has really given a shlt about the pantomime that politics has become. Lying lame politicians lacking the courage and conviction to do or say anything that mattered. Well on the 24th June 2016 we woke up and were welcomed to the real world of democracy in action.

There are two parallel lines woven into the carpet of the House of Commons in the palace of Westminster; they separate those on the left of the house from those on the right. They are 2 swords length apart, sword tip to sword tip, and that distance is there to distinguish debate from bloodshed. They are the visual pivot-point of the democratic institution of our great nation. Democracy...as represented by the vote of the people of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland is what matters; not ignorant hateful vitriol.

A lot of people are suddenly disappointed, angry and concerned about the future. Good. Suddenly we live in a powerful democracy again. If people in any and all western nations want to impact their political landscape then get involved and bring your vibrancy, passion, insight and leadership to the political arena. Stop the bitching and hating; it's not endearing and won't change anything. The European alliance is just beginning, the glass is half full, get involved.

Long live democracy and the power of it to change our world for the better.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:27
    Take it to Debates, spanky.

You bigots screwed us up and, in the way, unleashed the racist hooligans, erased trillions of money in a jiff, compromised your own pensions and our jobs, and for what? To get rid of the protections for workers and environment under EU law and return to your feudal system?

Seriously, everybody hates your type now. Stop defending yourself and accept that, like lizards, you only care about your own no matter how many idealistic peace experiments you kill in the way.

Then again, no more could be expected from the same people who exterminated natives worldwide for profit.
  3. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Take it to Debates, spanky.

You bigots screwed us up and, in the way, unleashed the racist hooligans, erased trillions of money in a jiff, compromised your own pensions and our jobs, and for what? To get rid of the protections for workers and environment under EU law and return to your feudal system?

Seriously, everybody hates your type now. Stop defend ...[text shortened]... n, no more could be expected from the same people who exterminated natives worldwide for profit.
    No, the hatred and scaremongering was last week.

Thanks anyway.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, the hatred and scaremongering was last week.

Thanks anyway.
    Keep kissing Boris' and Nigel's rears, sweetie. Those you idolize, follow
    and surround yourself with define you as a person. There are no two ways
    about that.
  5. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:51
    about that.
    Losing hurts, try not to compound that emotion by adding bitterness.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 15:53
    Losing hurts, try not to compound that emotion by adding bitterness.
    Ha! Losing? Losing what? Against whom? LOL

You keep showing that you are the stereotypical Brexiter 🙂

By the way, why so eager to justify and explain yourself to a bunch of
    anonymous internet users? What are you ashamed of? 😉

Go, go and soak up the Daily Mail, darling.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:24
    On the negative side:

I voted to leave. Because I did this I got called a racist by people are glibly proclaiming tolerance and acceptance. People who have known me closely for years and years. Also attacked were millions of other people who hold sincere concerns about the economic and democratic future of the U.K under the current direction and cons ...[text shortened]... ll, get involved.

Out was the right decision, certainly for the UK and probably for the EU as well in the long run. (History I believe will validate this).

It was also the brave decision.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:37
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Out was the right decision, certainly for the UK and probably for the EU as well in the long run. (History I believe will validate this).

It was also the brave decision.
    How can it be right for the UK when it is all but guaranteed to cause the breakup of the UK? We are anything but united now, and moreover heading towards being ruled by a buffoonish prime minister who had little compunction about conspiring to aid the beating up of a journalist by one of his Bullingdon Club mates. Banks are already preparing to move people out of London, which will not for much longer be the premier European financial centre, the pound is at a 30-odd year low, a recession is forecast, and the economic uncertainty shows no sign of abating, no matter what new colours of bullshyte froth forth from Boris's mendacious mouth.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:37
    On the negative side:

I voted to leave. Because I did this I got called a racist by people are glibly proclaiming tolerance and acceptance. People who have known me closely for years and years. Also attacked were millions of other people who hold sincere concerns about the economic and democratic future of the U.K under the current direction and cons ...[text shortened]... ll, get involved.

well said i agree 100%
    ignore the idiots who call you Racist one in perticular loves the word uneducated, reading his posts it's obvious who the uneducated one is.
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:41
    about that.
    boris and nigel. i would rather follow them than follow a leader with a fondness for underage girls, you seem happy with that though, good for you

power is back to the people,
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:425 edits
    I don't think all the Brexiteers are racist, but I strongly suspect that 'maybe we will connect more with the Commonwealth' will turn out to be the white Commonwealth almost exclusively. They will find a way to keep out the 'savages'. And don't forget that EU migrants add four times as much to the British economy than those from anywhere else. And that is per head.

And let's face it, the Vote Leave campaign's protests over UKIP and Farage's fascistic propaganda were rather on the insincere side.
  12. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 16:431 edit
    You keep showing that you are the stereotypical Brexiter.
    Stereotyping was also last week. Move with the times dude.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 17:45
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I don't think all the Brexiteers are racist, but I strongly suspect that 'maybe we will connect more with the Commonwealth' will turn out to be the white Commonwealth almost exclusively. They will find a way to keep out the 'savages'. And don't forget that EU migrants add four times as much to the British economy than those from anywhere else. ...[text shortened]... mpaign's protests over UKIP and Farage's fascistic propaganda were rather on the insincere side.
    Farage has always been a non entity and will soon realize (to his dismay) that his fizz no longer has any bubbles.

The out vote was brave as a short term slump in the economy was to be expected. Scotland will settle down and will also look back to see the out vote as the right decision (though of course never admit it).

Boris is the man to help us navigate the rough seas ahead. (I'm resisting making a Churchill comparison).
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 17:54
    Stereotyping was also last week. Move with the times dude.
    The times being... Tatcherism, a decrepit queen, and an unelected upper house?

LOL

You keep demonstrating that the stats were correct 🙂
  15. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '16 18:25
    The times being... Tatcherism, a decrepit queen, and an unelected upper house?

LOL

You keep demonstrating that the stats were correct 🙂
    Ooh you got me reeeeel good with those ones Cletus.