1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:23
    @very-rusty said
    Andy,
    You're close to calling me as many names as goad is, granted you've been here a lot longer than him.

You don't like Duchess64 so it is a personal thing with you.

Everyone copy and pastes in the Debates forum even No1 who I consider to be the best debater of all.

Many posters use insulting as a tactic including you and I, but me far less than you!
    Most of the names are true.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:24
    @very-rusty said
    I already said it appears to work as it gets under your skin, you should listen more closely to what is said after the racist troll, you seem to have some tunnel vision where Duchess64 is concerned in my humble opinion.

I think she does an excellent job with all the people coming after her if you must know my opinion!

What about all the name calling you have done and to me personally?

-VR
    The fact you think it is okay to make defamatory comments about being a racist troll, merely to get under someone's skin, shows what kind of person you are. Not only is it a violation of the terms of service it is also a pathetic tactic by someone unable to win a debate by good argument.

I have seen her call people 'racist troll' who have written nothing but civil and measured disagreeent of her position.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:24
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You dodged the question. Do you think it is a valid debating tactic to call people racist trolls who clearly are neither?

If not, how can you claim the Duchess is a good debater?
    You're wasting your time.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The fact you think it is okay to make defamatory comments about being a racist troll, merely to get under someone's skin, shows what kind of person you are. Not only is it a violation of the terms of service it is also a pathetic tactic by someone unable to win a debate by good argument.

I have seen her call people 'racist troll' who have written nothing but civil and measured disagreeent of her position.
    So you are ok with a group picking at her on almost a daily basis?

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:27
    @trev33 said
    You're wasting your time.
    He'll figure it out eventually but he hasn't after 5 years so I don't see it happening soon! 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:28
    @handyandy said
    Most of the names are true.
    Lame excuse for name calling Andy!

-VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:29
    @very-rusty said
    So you are ok with a group picking at her on almost a daily basis?

-VR
    You have a sexist perception of women and view her automatically as the victim. In reality, it is her calling people racists and the like that draws the attention.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:322 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You have a sexist perception of women and view her automatically as the victim. In reality, it is her calling people racists and the like that draws the attention.
    It has nothing to do with her being female even if she was male I would have the same opinion when you have a group of people at you on a daily basis you do what you feel you should.

As I said you just have tunnel vision, and probably always will.
    You see nothing wrong with what people say to her only what she says to them. I think they bring it all upon themselves then cant take what they dish out. There is a group of you in that boat.

Most of you will show up in this thread!

-VR
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:36
    @very-rusty said
    He'll figure it out eventually but he hasn't after 5 years so I don't see it happening soon! 😉

-VR
    5 years, seems like ghost has been around longer, will be 15 years in November for me, crazy.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:37
    @very-rusty said
    Lame excuse for name calling Andy!
    Truth doesn't need an excuse.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:391 edit
    @handyandy said
    Truth doesn't need an excuse.
    Names don't have an excuse Andy, just shows your character. As a rule I only call name if called them. It is rare for me to call someone names unless they start it. I try to not stoop to their level, not always successfully.

-VR
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:56
    @very-rusty said
    Names don't have an excuse Andy, just shows your character. As a rule I only call name if called them. It is rare for me to call someone names unless they start it. I try to not stoop to their level, not always successfully.

-VR
    Let's see if you can see the hypocrisy.

You complain about people leveling insults at you and yet applaud the Duchess for doing so to others (without provocation) and believe it makes her a good debater.

Halfwit.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 17:583 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Let's see if you can see the hypocrisy.

You complain about people leveling insults at you and yet applaud the Duchess for doing so to others (without provocation) and believe it makes her a good debater.

Halfwit.
    Look at like this you complain about Duchess64 calling names yet call people names yourself. (Hypocrite)

Do you see how you are being a Hypocrite?

There you go calling me a Halfwit because you can't think of anything constructive to say! Again making yourself look like hypocrite!

You and the little group your with gang up on her and she still gets the best of you all, that must really burn your butt!! 🙂

-VR
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 18:06
    @very-rusty said
    Look at like this you complain about Duchess64 calling names yet call people names yourself. (Hypocrite)

Do you see how you are being a Hypocrite?

There you go calling me a Halfwit because you can't think of anything constructive to say! Again making yourself look like hypocrite!

-VR
    This is the person you describe as a good debater:

1. Starts a thread with a copy and paste from the Guardian.
    2. If someone disagrees with her she will say they have poor reading comprehension.
    3. If they continue to disagree with her they become a troll.
    4. If they still disagree with here they are a racist troll with poor reading comprehension.
    5. If asked to evidence the racist accusation she will ignore the question or disappear from the thread.

Good debater?!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '20 18:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This is the person you describe as a good debater:

1. Starts a thread with a copy and paste from the Guardian.
    2. If someone disagrees with her she will say they have poor reading comprehension.
    3. If they continue to disagree with her they become a troll.
    4. If they still disagree with here they are a racist troll with poor reading comprehension.
    5. If asked t ...[text shortened]... e the racist accusation she will ignore the question or disappear from the thread.

Good debater?!
    What do you do to make you a better debater?

You call names, when you can't think of anything better to say.

People are ganging up on her what do you expect her to do?

What would you do in her situation?

You seem to have all the answers, but you don't practice what you preach here.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree