debate team

debate team

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@moonbus said
One cannot take Duchess’s imputation of racism to be an objective description of her interlocutor(s). It is rather her idiom of frustration.

I have several times agreed with points she made, but she calls me a racist, too. For the record, I’m white, I adopted two children from Haiti, and I am daily reminded of the fact that my children are looked upon differently than my ...[text shortened]... off a duck’s back.

As for her debating skills, tenacity shades off into sheer bloodymindedness.
I can see where you are coming from moonbus. Can you see where she is coming from is the question. I can see how you would be frustrated with her.

I can't imagine what the children and you and your wife go through on a daily basis. Lets hope things change for the better for their children.

I should add you are one of the more respected posters on the site!

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@Very-Rusty

I gather she suffered some traumatic experience. My kids did, too. It made her bitter. It did not have to. You cannot choose what happens to you, but you do choose your response to it. Miracles happen, if you let them.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

Farewell Rusty. Am implementing the GB AWAY Greasemonkey script. We won't speak again.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@moonbus said
@Very-Rusty

I gather she suffered some traumatic experience. My kids did, too. It made her bitter. It did not have to. You cannot choose what happens to you, but you do choose your response to it. Miracles happen, if you let them.
Providing she did have some kind of a traumatic experience we have no idea what it was. So it would be hard to comment on her particular situation. I do believe in Miracles actually!

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
I get in other people's threads so you can accuse me of the same same. You've been known to get into other people's threads yourself. You and GB argued pretty much on a daily basis back in the day. I guess that was all his fault too?

No Duchess64 certainly isn't a victim but is bullied in my opinion. At least people try to bully her but don't get far with that.

-VR
GB isn't here to defend himself. He was a pretentious windbag who clashed with dozens of posters, not just me, on a daily basis.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@handyandy said
GB isn't here to defend himself. He was a pretentious windbag who clashed with dozens of posters, not just me, on a daily basis.
Don't you mean he was attacked by dozens of posters, including you who stands out in my mind!

One thing I can say about you Andy is you don't revert to the GBaway Script!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@Very-Rusty

Farewell Rusty. Am implementing the GB AWAY Greasemonkey script. We won't speak again.
Moonbus,
You were right miracles really do happen! 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
you have been through many of the same things she has?
bwahahaha
she is out of your league buddy
you are stupid and she is semi intelligent
never the twain shall meet
"Semi-intelligent"?

What's wrong with you?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@suzianne said

What's wrong with you?
You really have to ask or was that a rhetorical question.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
She obviously likes to stand on her own two feet, which I have respect for.

I've been through many of the same things she has and have a good idea how she feels. I just don't care and she probably doesn't either. One does get to that point after a period of time.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter! I probably would have said they should castrated.

-VR
She pushes people away, Rusty.

She'd have more friends here if she spoke to people like humans, instead of inferiors.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
You really have to ask or was that a rhetorical question.

-VR
Was I talking to you, Mr. Buttinski?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
3 edits

@suzianne said
She pushes people away, Rusty.

She'd have more friends here if she spoke to people like humans, instead of inferiors.
Just admit you can't win a debate with her.

She really doesn't want anyone's help Suzie Q.

goad also talks to people like they are inferior to him. I don't hear/see you say anything about that.

I personally like that she stands on her own two feet and not behind anyone.

Or put anyone on the GBaway script like some people do, I wont mention any names but we both know who I am talking about don't we?

I don't know if you noticed but you don't talk to people you don't like very nicely either! MR Buttinski....LOL...

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Don't you mean he was attacked by dozens of posters, including you who stands out in my mind!

One thing I can say about you Andy is you don't revert to the GBaway Script!
Your memory of Bobby's scuffles is faulty. He got what he asked for.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Your memory of Bobby's scuffles is faulty. He got what he asked for.
Not at all Andy I remember exactly how it was even the Mods of that era were at him and gave him bans after bantering with him.

Thankfully things have changed big time since those days!

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Not at all Andy I remember exactly how it was even the Mods of that era were at him and gave him bans after bantering with him.

Thankfully things have changed big time since those days!
How so?