@wolfgang59 said
    I owe you.
    That sounded a little,...insidious.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Jun '20 08:18
    @badradger said
    my grandaughter was born and raised in York untill she was elleven then moved to Northampton the locals pronounce coke as cewk my grandchilds prounuciation rhymes with croak up here we flatten our vowels,we also have sayings that resemble scouse "my dad werks in the werks".
    I was thinking it is interesting if you track roles offered to Kevin Whately. First he is in Auf Wiedersehen Pet in a group of labourers, but gets the character of a leader of the group, although the group are pretty much stereotypical casting. Then he becomes Morse's bag man and ultimately you get Lewis, a Geordie detective inspector working in Oxford. Definitely breaking down stereotypes by showing his ability to perform well in different roles.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '20 09:02
    @petewxyz said
    I was thinking it is interesting if you track roles offered to Kevin Whately. First he is in Auf Wiedersehen Pet in a group of labourers, but gets the character of a leader of the group, although the group are pretty much stereotypical casting. Then he becomes Morse's bag man and ultimately you get Lewis, a Geordie detective inspector working in Oxford. Definitely breaking down stereotypes by showing his ability to perform well in different roles.
    Yes, he is a fine actor. I didn't think he'd cut it without John Thaw but I was proved wrong.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '20 09:17
    @wolfgang59 said
    Yes, he is a fine actor. I didn't think he'd cut it without John Thaw but I was proved wrong.
    yeah and i watched peak practice 25 years back and didnt spot that he was the star.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree