EURO 2020

EURO 2020

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
It's now the group stage and so a round robin. Draws can be an achievement for an underdog and a significant hole in the road for stronger teams. A tournament is a campaign. In the subsequent knockout stage, every game must end with a winner.
Take it to the "Sports Forum", spanky!

-VR

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@divegeester said
I know this technically belongs in the sports forum but as this is first international football (soccer) tournament since the pandemic hit, and the biggest in the world after the World Cup, thought we could all join in the banter here.
Wales 1-1 Switzerland

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
Wales 1-1 Switzerland
Again take it to the "Sports Forum" spanky.

-VR

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
It's now the group stage and so a round robin. Draws can be an achievement for an underdog and a significant hole in the road for stronger teams. A tournament is a campaign. In the subsequent knockout stage, every game must end with a winner.
Ok thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Ok thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰
Later there is Denmark v Finland and then Belgium [ranked no.1] v Russia.

F

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
I know this technically belongs in the sports forum but as this is first international football (soccer) tournament since the pandemic hit, and the biggest in the world after the World Cup, thought we could all join in the banter here.
The tournament is being shown for free on terrestrial TV but we don't have a terrestrial TV because we don't watch terrestrial TV. So my son has just bought a subscription to an Indonesian online streaming service for his phone and he can watch all the games of the tournament which is 50 or so games for a princely sum of 25,000 Rupiah which is £1.25

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
Later there is Denmark v Finland and then Belgium [ranked no.1] v Russia.
Once again, take it to the "Sports Forum", spanky!

-VR

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-musty said
Why do players and fans allow a tie?
Not that I can speak for everyone in Europe, but I can't remember anyone ever proposing that draws were eliminated from league football or from round robins in tournaments. That goes for both fans and players.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Not that I can speak for everyone in Europe, but I can't remember anyone ever proposing that draws were eliminated from league football or from round robins in tournaments. That goes for both fans and players.
Even if you could should put it in the "Sports Forum" spanky!

-VR

F

Moves
12 Jun 21

@divegeester said
The games are being played in cities all over Europe. Are there travel restrictions on supporters?

Moves
12 Jun 21

@fmf said
Really?

North American sports have to have a winner.
Play till someone wins.
Soccer (Your Football) is relatively new over here as far as popularity goes.

Moves
12 Jun 21

@Very-Rusty

Dude...shut up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jun 21

@very-musty said
@divegeester

Why do players and fans allow a tie?

Is it so hard to have a shootout or those penalty kicks to decide the game?
Good question.

Football is a very tactical game, even more so than American football, because the scoring is usually so low. So it’s almost like a game of chess in that each move is itself a pice of the victory.

Draws are commonplace, and as FMF said, because of the way a certain group is structured, a draw against a team can be interpreted as a victory depending on the opponent and strength of the other teams in the group.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jun 21
3 edits

@very-musty said
@Very-Rusty

Dude...shut up. ๐Ÿ˜‰
In the UK the appropriate sing-song chant across the terraces to the opposition would be:

”cum an’ ‘av a go if ya think yer ‘ard enuf!”

Commonly interpreted as:

“come and have a go if you think your hard enough”

Or more fully...

“You mob of loudmouths over there making all that bottom noise, if you really think you’ve got large testicles and are quite tough, we would be happy to entertain you on our patch and see what you add up to”.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
In the UK the appropriate sing-song chant across the terraces to the opposition would be:

”cum an’ ‘av a go if ya think yer ‘ard enuf!”

Commonly interpreted as:

“come and have a go if you think your hard enough”

Or more fully...

“You mob of loudmouths over there making all that bottom noise, if you really think you’ve got large testicles and are quite tough, we would be happy to entertain you on our patch and see what you add up to”.
Take it to the "Sports Forum", Spanky.

You should be getting in tournaments helping your clan instead of bantering in here.

Take you Vacation flag down so you can be put in Clan Challenges and grow a pair, your clan needs you now more than ever.

-VR