EURO 2020

EURO 2020

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Read through this thread, encouraged by the title. 🙄

Anybody brave enough for an England v Croatia score prediction? Anybody manage to get a ticket??
Take it to the "Sport Forum", Spanky! 😛

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Jun 21

@very-rusty said
Take it to the "Sport Forum", Spanky! 😛

-VR
'Pieces of eight, pieces of eight' squawk !

Moves
13 Jun 21
1 edit

Congratulations to Wales for holding the Swiss to a draw; excellent effort and a great result for them.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
Congratulations to Wales for holding the Swiss to a draw; excellent effort and a great result for them.
One of Belgium's three goals against Russia was surely offside, no? They said it was VAR-checked [which I did not see] but it looked plainly offside.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@fmf said
The games are being played in cities all over Europe. Are there travel restrictions on supporters?
Yes travel restrictions as still punitive here in Europe. Local fans will be able to attend I believe.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Jun 21

I think Croatia will give England a tough game this afternoon.
Any thoughts ?

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Read through this thread, encouraged by the title. 🙄

Anybody brave enough for an England v Croatia score prediction? Anybody manage to get a ticket??
No ticket here.

It will be a cagey game and I’m worried we will lose because we lack confidence in the big tournaments. Nevertheless I predict 2-1 to England.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@the-gravedigger said
Any thoughts ?
I agree. Could very easy go either way.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@the-gravedigger said
Any thoughts ?
Croatia are a bunch of players mostly a little bit too old to be still playing. I reckon the young, fit England side will score twice in the last half an hour and that will be all that'd needed to secure the win.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@the-gravedigger said
Any thoughts ?
Croatia will always be a good side as Modric doesn't age like normal people. We always get carried away after qualifying games against minnows. Against Croatia I would take a draw.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@fmf said
One of Belgium's three goals against Russia was surely offside, no? They said it was VAR-checked [which I did not see] but it looked plainly offside.
I missed it all I’m afraid, as I’m away at the coast with Mrs divegeester and watching football isn’t on the agenda for some reason.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@fmf said
Croatia are a bunch of players mostly a little bit too old to be still playing. I reckon the young, fit England side will score twice in the last half an hour and that will be all that'd needed to secure the win.
There are no bonus points for correct scores in our Rat Rd competition are there?

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@fmf said
Croatia played Czech Republic in St Etienne in Euro 2016. I was already down there for our game against Slovakia so I bought a ticket on the street. Incredibly passionate crowd. Still have that newly formed country energy.

Some countries have players with such strong club loyalties their national squads take a while to gel. Some are more passionate about their national team. Croatia is one of those.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Croatia played Czech Republic in St Etienne in Euro 2016. I was already down there for our game against Slovakia so I bought a ticket on the street. Incredibly passionate crowd. Still have that newly formed country energy.

Some countries have players with such strong club loyalties their national squads take a while to gel. Some are more passionate about their national team. Croatia is one of those.
You saw them five years ago. That's good. They probably peaked at the 2018 World Cup. Word is, they are not what they once were. I hope it's true because I'd like to see England have a good run in this tournament.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
There are no bonus points for correct scores in our Rat Rd competition are there?
Nope.