EURO 2020

EURO 2020

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@trev33 said
Shame i had a lay in this morning, this is perfect put you to sleep TV.
Sensible cautious approach to the first game in the tournament. Philips staying deep in the first half. Chooses a big right back in Walker to deal with the physical Perisic who didn't cause us any of the problems we saw in the World Cup semi in Moscow. Excellent management. Lessons learned.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Sensible cautious approach to the first game in the tournament. Philips staying deep in the first half. Chooses a big right back in Walker to deal with the physical Perisic who didn't cause us any of the problems we saw in the World Cup semi in Moscow. Excellent management. Lessons learned.
I'll settle for 1-0. 😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 21

@great-big-stees said
I think it’s not until Monday night, that it starts.

Go Habs Go.
Yes Stees,
You were absolutely correct on that one starting at 10:00 P.M. Tomorrow night.

Are you a Habs fan or just rooting for them as they are the last Canadian team?

-VR

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Good solid performance and a great result.

Kelvin Philips; gosh what a turn up! Very impressed.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
Good solid performance and a great result.

Kelvin Philips; gosh what a turn up! Very impressed.
Philips was good in so many ways. Deep when he needed to be to show proper respect to Croatia, then once they get the idea the creativity is all coming through Mount and they are drawn to denying him space, Philips comes forward and puts Sterling in. Perfect.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Philips was good in so many ways. Deep when he needed to be to show proper respect to Croatia, then once they get the idea the creativity is all coming through Mount and they are drawn to denying him space, Philips comes forward and puts Sterling in. Perfect.
It does feel like there’s a good vibe in this squad, there’s a positive mental energy. BUT ... there is also still a potential on-the-pitch fragility I think, which may not evaporate until we qualify from the group.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
It does feel like there’s a good vibe in this squad, there’s a positive mental energy. BUT ... there is also still a potential on-the-pitch fragility I think, which may not evaporate until we qualify from the group.
Don't particularly trust Pickford or Stones who have mistakes in them. If we play well enough they don't get found out. Croatia were strong opponents and we limited their chances. Did that at the expense of limiting our own, but if that works why not? If we go behind a fresh Grealish from the bench running at people and winning free kicks and pens is a good option. Clever not to start him in the heat today and have a more defence minded midfield to limit Modric. Went for experience and defensive qualities in the fullbacks. Thought that was right for that match.

Bring on Scotland.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Don't particularly trust Pickford or Stones who have mistakes in them. If we play well enough they don't get found out. Croatia were strong opponents and we limited their chances. Did that at the expense of limiting our own, but if that works why not? If we go behind a fresh Grealish from the bench running at people and winning free kicks and pens is a good option. Cle ...[text shortened]... d defensive qualities in the fullbacks. Thought that was right for that match.

Bring on Scotland.
Agreed. Pickford does worry me.

Moves
13 Jun 21

Nice to see the virtue signaling. England team took a knee during the national anthem and got booed!! 😆

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 21

The NYI and TB are playing right now Stees if you're around you may want to watch.

Who ever wins that will be Montreal's competition if they make it past Vegas.

-VR

Moves
13 Jun 21

Ukraine v Netherlands, what a game!
Not sure either team will progress with defending like that though.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
T.V at the beach....LOL...

-VR

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
They don’t have a chance against North Macedonia, see what they did letting Austria beat them, clever, clever.

Moves
13 Jun 21

England win, Wales draw and bonny Scotland play their first game tomorrow.

Moves
13 Jun 21

@trev33 said
They don’t have a chance against North Macedonia, see what they did letting Austria beat them, clever, clever.
Bless 'em.

Any thoughts on overall winners yet?