1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 01:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Apparently, he doesn't even need to be correct. All he needs is a talent at getting those with an even lower IQ to agree with him...
    Many of your posts seem to indicate that you see yourself as being involved in some kind of popularity contest here or a small p political struggle. It's quite peculiar. I certainly don't, and aside from you, and perhaps Grampy Bobby at times (like when he occasionally posts a list of all his RHP friends) I don't sense that anyone else here does.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 01:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    So do you think this forum was populated by a larger proportion of people who were "smarter" than now?
    Be careful what you ask for.

I wouldn't claim that, myself.

However, I think it's clear that the current cabal trying to control the forums is exceedingly far more vindictive and vanishly less humorous than those who used to run these forums.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Many of your posts seem to indicate that you see yourself as being involved in some kind of popularity contest here or a small p political struggle. It's quite peculiar. I certainly don't, and aside from you, and perhaps Grampy Bobby at times (like when he occasionally posts a list of all his RHP friends) I don't sense that anyone else here does.
    I do wish you'd pay more attention to what people say, and less attention to what you fantasize they're saying.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:04
    Complete sentences are a better measure of IQ, but I assume you'd disagree.
    You think an incomplete sentence in informal conversation has some bearing on the measurement of IQ? I thought you were into Psychology.

The term "IQ" stands for intelligence quotient and is a measure derived from scores earned from several kinds of standardized test which are designed to assess intelligence. The use of complete sentences, or otherwise, on a message board doesn't have anything to do with it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:06
    I do wish you'd pay more attention to what people say, and less attention to what you fantasize they're saying.
    You're always talking about people vying for "popularity", or talking about thumbs up and thumbs down, or about people trying to drive you off the forum, or threatening to ban you to please their friends, or about so called "in crowds". It comes across as just plain paranoia a lot of the time. It is most peculiar.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:081 edit
    However, I think it's clear that the current cabal trying to control the forums is exceedingly far more vindictive and vanishly less humorous than those who used to run these forums.
    You think there is a "cabal" trying to "control" or "run" the forums?

See what I mean? This is the peculiar theme in many of your posts I'm talking about.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:11
    FMF: So do you think this forum was populated by a larger proportion of people who were "smarter" back then compared to now?

I wouldn't claim that, myself.
    Well neither would I, so we agree on this.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think an incomplete sentence in informal conversation has some bearing on the measurement of IQ? I thought you were into Psychology.

The term "IQ" stands for intelligence quotient and is a measure derived from scores earned from several kinds of standardized test which are designed to assess intelligence. The use of complete sentences, or otherwise, on a message board doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Okay, Dr. Freud.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think there is a "cabal" trying to "control" or "run" the forums?

See what I mean? This is the peculiar theme in may of your posts I'm talking about.
    Not too fond of the truth, are you?

In fact, you seem rather afraid of it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:17
    Not too fond of the truth, are you?

In fact, you seem rather afraid of it.
    The "truth" about there being a "cabal" out to get you?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:191 edit
    Okay, Dr. Freud.
    IQ tests were devised by German psychologist William Stern not Sigmund Freud. I thought you were into Psychology.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. The forums were the same 10 years ago as they are now. So it doesn't support josephw's claim.
    They're not the same. They're worse. Like a reverse Flynn Effect.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:24
    Okay, Dr. Freud.
    FMF is Dr. Everything. Has the internet at his finger tips. There's nothing he doesn't know in minutes. Can create any number of threads on any topic at will. Always knows what he's talking about. Never wrong.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:322 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    They're not the same. They're worse. Like a reverse Flynn Effect.
    I hear what you say. But whenever I look back at old threads it all looks like same old same old to me. I don't think the people posting back then were as smart as some people now claim. I don't think people posting back then were any funnier or wittier than posters are now. I don't think the thread topics were any better. I think nostalgia can be very deceptive ~ and this is true in life in general. Especially if a feeling of nostalgia inhibits people from making any effort any more, even assuming they ever did.

Some of the people currently hankering after some sort of 'good old days', as they see them, with all their dreary moaning and artless negative posting, and scarcely an attempt to start any threads of their own, are arguably one of the most obvious blights on the current forum atmosphere. They won't see it that way, of course. Self-righteous indignation and their brand of relentless manufactured outrage can be very self-deceptive, like nostalgia.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    FMF is Dr. Everything. Has the internet at his finger tips. There's nothing he doesn't know in minutes. Can create any number of threads on any topic at will. Always knows what he's talking about. Never wrong.
    Is this the kind of witty. smart posting that you're nostalgic about? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree