Flynn Effect

Flynn Effect

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It doesn't matter how you dice it, an anecdote about a guy in a self driving car running into a truck isn't empirical evidence of anything.
"...isn't empirical evidence of anything".

That's rich. Open your eyes. Take a look around. Everything is empirical evidence of the slow methodical demise of the human condition, advances in science and social psychology notwithstanding.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Is this the kind of witty. smart posting that you're nostalgic about? 😉
Naw! That was just a knee jerk response. Nothing witty about it.

Contrary to your assertion that I'm "nostalgic" about this forum. This forum, and these debates are merely a diversion from reality. It's just filler for the few moments in time when I actually sit down.

Now it's time to get up and go. See ya! 😉

F

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Contrary to your assertion that I'm "nostalgic" about this forum. This forum, and these debates are merely a diversion from reality. It's just filler for the few moments in time when I actually sit down.
But, on page 1 of this thread, in reply to Seitse's OP which was a mixture of him chuntering on about how funny he thinks he is and how the forum is no longer worthy of him, on one hand, and nostalgia about how this forum used to be so much better than it now, on the other, didn't you say this: I noticed it a few years ago. This is sad but true. I guess it's time to move on. Isn't that what you said?

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

FMF: It doesn't matter how you dice it, an anecdote about a guy in a self driving car running into a truck isn't empirical evidence of anything.

That's rich. Open your eyes. Take a look around. Everything is empirical evidence of the slow methodical demise of the human condition, advances in science and social psychology notwithstanding.
Anecdotes aren't empirical evidence. This is not a controversial thing I am saying.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
The "truth" about there being a "cabal" out to get you?
Who said the cabal was out to get me?

You?

I just said, "I do wish you'd pay more attention to what people say, and less attention to what you fantasize they're saying."

Please give it a try.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
You think an incomplete sentence in informal conversation has some bearing on the measurement of IQ? I thought you were into Psychology.

The term "IQ" stands for intelligence quotient and is a measure derived from scores earned from several kinds of standardized test which are designed to assess intelligence. The use of complete sentences, or otherwise, on a message board doesn't have anything to do with it.
If you can't write complete sentences, I doubt that your brain has what it takes to score well on any tests. You're not equipped to lecture me. Don't let your narcissism get you into trouble here. In other words, don't bite off more than you can chew, you might choke.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
You're always talking about people vying for "popularity", or talking about thumbs up and thumbs down, or about people trying to drive you off the forum, or threatening to ban you to please their friends, or about so called "in crowds". It comes across as just plain paranoia a lot of the time. It is most peculiar.
You do need some new tactics. These are wearing thin.

Like this rather lame "Say it to her before she can say it about you. Who cares if it's true."

Who here do you think is within range of your dog whistle?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But, on page 1 of this thread, in reply to Seitse's OP which was a mixture of him chuntering on about how funny he thinks he is and how the forum is no longer worthy of him, on one hand, and nostalgia about how this forum used to be so much better than it now, on the other, didn't you say this: [b]I noticed it a few years ago. This is sad but true. I guess it's time to move on. Isn't that what you said?[/b]
Go ahead, 'genius'.

Prove what he said isn't true.

And I do mean what he said, and not what you think he said.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
If you can't write complete sentences, I doubt that your brain has what it takes to score well on any tests.
But I can and do write complete sentences, Suzianne. What on earth are you on about?

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Who said the cabal was out to get me?
I'm saying that you post as if you think a "cabal" is out to get you.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

I just said, "I do wish you'd pay more attention to what people say, and less attention to what you fantasize they're saying."
But that wasn't what I was responding to. I was responding to this: "I think it's clear that the current cabal trying to control the forums is exceedingly far more vindictive and vanishly less humorous than those who used to run these forums" and I was responding to your repeated claims that I am a Moderator, and when you "dared" me to ban you "like all the others" etc. etc. ad paranoidum.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Go ahead, 'genius'. Prove what he said isn't true.
Prove what who said isn't true?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But, on page 1 of this thread, in reply to Seitse's OP which was a mixture of him chuntering on about how funny he thinks he is and how the forum is no longer worthy of him, on one hand, and nostalgia about how this forum used to be so much better than it now, on the other, didn't you say this: [b]I noticed it a few years ago. This is sad but true. I guess it's time to move on. Isn't that what you said?[/b]
I'm not nostalgic about it.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

I'm not nostalgic about it.
You said you "noticed the same thing" as what Seitse was reminiscing about - his lament for what he sees as better times - "a few years ago" and you find its passing "sad but true". What definition of "nostalgic" are you using?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Anecdotes aren't empirical evidence. This is not a controversial thing I am saying.
Anecdotal or not, trusting in science while riding in a self driving automobile is as dumb as it gets.