Flynn Effect

Flynn Effect

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I hear what you say. But whenever I look back at old threads it all looks like same old same old to me. I don't think the people posting back then were as smart as some people now claim. I don't think people posting back then were any funnier or wittier than posters are now. I don't think the thread topics were any better. I think nostalgia can be very deceptive ...[text shortened]... n and their brand of relentless manufactured outrage can be very self-deceptive, like nostalgia.
You never did seem to get a thorough handle on even the most trivial of human interaction.

Your view of most posters, indeed, of almost any normal human interaction, except that which falls into your own extremely narrow range of experience, is almost always tinged with fear, narcissism, envy and/or confusion. And now we can add your seeming paranoia to the list.

Nostalgia is not that scary, man. Go post a few more mumbling threads about something else familiar to you that no one cares about, so you won't have to scare yourself thinking about it.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Your view of most posters, indeed, of almost any normal human interaction, except that which falls into your own extremely narrow range of experience, is almost always tinged with fear, narcissism, envy and/or confusion. And now we can add your seeming paranoia to the list.
You think it's me who is paranoid?

F

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Anecdotal or not, trusting in science while riding in a self driving automobile is as dumb as it gets.
It may have been dumb but it is not evidence supporting your suggestion that "society is getting dumber". It's just an anecdote about some guy who did a dumb thing. It isn't evidence of change. It isn't evidence of a trend.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Nostalgia is not that scary, man.
I didn't say it was scary. I said it can be deceptive.

Tell me, are you nostalgic about the way you yourself used to post on this forum? Were you - to your own way of thinking - better, funnier, smarter back in the good old days that some people are being nostalgic about?

F

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Go post a few more mumbling threads about something else familiar to you that no one cares about, so you won't have to scare yourself thinking about it.
Point me to some of the threads you've started this year so I can get an idea of the direction you'd like this forum to go .

edit: see my post below this.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Go post a few more mumbling threads about something else familiar to you that no one cares about....
I note that you have only started 2 threads on this forum in the last year. One in April of this year. And one in July of last year. Which one of those two threads do you believe people cared about more?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
IQ tests were devised by German psychologist William Stern not Sigmund Freud. I thought you were into Psychology.
Wrong again.

Stern was the originator of the concept of the Intelligence Quotient.

Others, including Alfred Binet and Lewis Terman were responsible for devising the first IQ tests. I thought you were into Accuracy. I guess not.

I called you Dr. Freud because, like him, you somehow seem to think you are the end-all-be-all of Psychology. Thankfully, that's not the case.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Wrong again.

Stern was the originator of the concept of the Intelligence Quotient.

Others, including Alfred Binet and Lewis Terman were responsible for devising the first IQ tests. I thought you were into Accuracy. I guess not.

I called you Dr. Freud because, like him, you somehow seem to think you are the end-all-be-all of Psychology. Thankfully, that's not the case.
Thanks for the info.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I note that you have only started 2 threads on this forum in the last year. One in April of this year. And one in July of last year. Which one of those two threads do you believe people cared about more?
"What?"

Unlike those with some sort of keyboard diarrhea, I only create a thread when I have something to say. I expect others to do the same. Posting multiple inane threads is a pathetic cry for attention.

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

Unlike those with some sort of keyboard diarrhea, I only create a thread when I have something to say. I expect others to do the same. Posting multiple inane threads is a pathetic cry for attention.
I have no trouble with you not liking the threads I start. Really, it's not a big deal.

But the question still stands: you started one thread about U.S. Tax Day in April, and one about U.S. independence day in July 2015. Just those two.

Which of those two threads do you feel made the more telling contribution to the General Forum community?

F

Moves
28 Jul 16

I called you Dr. Freud because, like him, you somehow seem to think you are the end-all-be-all of Psychology.
If I were your psychologist, I'd say that the above comment - by you - reveals that I have been sailing rather to close to the truth for your comfort with some of my recent comments about what it is that apparently makes you tick. 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 16

Originally posted by josephw
Anecdotal or not, trusting in science while riding in a self driving automobile is as dumb as it gets.
You probably trust in science when you need to get some medical problem fixed so you are just speaking out your ass. You probably enjoy typing on the forums, made possible by science but you feel ok dissing science thinking your big domo in the sky is going to come down and fix all our boo boo's. Don't hold your breath, it's been 2000 years and counting already and no fix in sight.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
You probably trust in science when you need to get some medical problem fixed so you are just speaking out your ass. You probably enjoy typing on the forums, made possible by science but you feel ok dissing science thinking your big domo in the sky is going to come down and fix all our boo boo's. Don't hold your breath, it's been 2000 years and counting already and no fix in sight.
I don't have that problem with science as you suggest. What I was saying was is that I think it's dumb to trust in science when one's life is at stake. But then you have to go and make it a God issue about trusting, and dis Jesus about His return. So you haven't seen Jesus return, yet, and maybe you won't in this lifetime, but you can be sure that as long as you maintain that attitude, if Jesus should return in your lifetime, by that time it may be too late to trust Him for your life. Science won't help you then.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 16

I do wish you'd pay more attention to what people say, and less attention to what you fantasize they're saying.
Suz,
I agree with you. Sometimes it appears he has tunnel vision. He can only see things his way, and doesn't look closely at other points of view. That is why I asked him in a post if he was ever INCORRECT!!!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If I were your psychologist, I'd say that the above comment - by you - reveals that I have been sailing rather to close to the truth for your comfort with some of my recent comments about what it is that apparently makes you tick. 😉
Sir,
Luckily for us and the world in general your not a psychologist.! 😛 Perhaps it would be better for me to say you would need extensive training.

Kind Regards,
Sincerely,
-VR