Games, Sports & Multiculturalism

Games, Sports & Multiculturalism

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 20

Moves
17 Feb 20

@relentless-red removed their quoted post
Those are fine sentiments indeed Pete.

I never knew those facts regarding Liverpool's FC.
The acceptance of diversity, as a process, is evolving naturally and for the better, I hope.
I consider RHP's Forums as a microcosmic representation of our current world-at-large; albeit with a bitter twist of lemon.

Bitter tea may be an acquired taste, but it can still be refreshing. 🙂

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Feb 20

Even as a Spurs supporter (and Ipswich Town) I have to tip my hat to the amazing team Liverpool has developed into. This season they are in a class of their own.

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 20

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Feb 20

Yes sir, we are all afflicted with that weakness. Ipswich was my childhood team and would travel to Portman Road with my dad quite often and stand on an old suitcase to see what was going on. (Back in the days of John Walk, Terry Butcher etc). Even to this day I can't help but root for any opponents of Norwich. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes sir, we are all afflicted with that weakness. Ipswich was my childhood team and would travel to Portman Road with my dad quite often and stand on an old suitcase to see what was going on. (Back in the days of John Walk, Terry Butcher etc). Even to this day I can't help but root for any opponents of Norwich. 🙂
I am a bit different to most Middlesbrough supporters i am really pleased if newcastle or Sunderland win as long as its not at the Boros expence, I think Sucsess for any north eastern team is a boost for the area.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Feb 20

@badradger said
I am a bit different to most Middlesbrough supporters i am really pleased if newcastle or Sunderland win as long as its not at the Boros expence, I think Sucsess for any north eastern team is a boost for the area.
That's true. Middlesbrough are also a great team, though have had a mixed bag in the last few years.

Moves
17 Feb 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That's true. Middlesbrough are also a great team, though have had a mixed bag in the last few years.
Go Rangers Go.

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 20

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
17 Feb 20

once upon a time i held spock to a draw in 3D chess
THAT won't ever happen again

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 20

SRB

Moves
17 Feb 20

h

Moves
17 Feb 20

At the house of hope we follow Spurs and football friends (especially Gooners) here in the States occasionally will refer to me and the team as the Yids.

Back in the day it was intended in a derogatory manner - I think due to Spurs having a lot of Jewish immigrant fans? Now it is used in a non-pejorative sense although I suspect there are still some folks who don't like it.

My family likes it. It is somehow an acknowledgement that we are real supporters? Not sure.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 Feb 20
1 edit

Ha Ha, I bet he's talking about the New York Ranges, an NHL hockey club. Know your customers 🙂

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
17 Feb 20

Might have been a dream, but seem to recall GBS saying he had some Scottish ancestry. (In which case Glasgow Rangers would be more likely).