1. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 21:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I played this once in FOC club. It was rubbish and no one new wtf was going on.

Harsh but true.

Sorry mate.
    s'okay
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 22:07

Harsh but true.

Sorry mate.
    Well I am a member of the FOC club and its forum
    and the MUTI club and their forum.

I feel happy and privileged to be a member of both clubs
    and would sing highly their praises.

Much more adult and intellectually stimulating than
    anything the general forum has to offer.

Both clubs are full of fun and wise sensible people
    who like to chat, debate and pose interesting challenges
    to others who may not have encountered such ways before.

The GF is light years behind what these two fora have to offer.

I would like to say thank you to Kewpie for the FOC and to Leur and Roma
    for the MUTI.

This is where it's at people.

The private Club Fora are where the real people hang out
    instead of here where all you get is Fruit and Nuts.

One can take only so much of Fruit and Nuts.

There's an old Irish saying.....

For every Nut
    there is a Spanner

but I can't be bothered to search for it.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Well I am a member of the FOC club and its forum
    and the MUTI club and their forum.

I feel happy and privileged to be a member of both clubs
    and would sing highly their praises.

Much more adult and intellectually stimulating than
    anything the general forum has to offer.

Both clubs are full of fun and wise sensible people
    who like to c saying.....
    I'm not talking about the club, the people in it, nor the general content of the forum. Am I...

😕
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 22:32

Harsh but true.

Sorry mate.
    This was your quote.

What was it you did not like then?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 22:45
    This was your quote.

I was was talking about the werewolf game. Obviously.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 13:29
    This was your quote.

I've just had a prowl through some old FOC threads looking for and found, the one where you stropped off like a child during the last werewolf game.

The game leader (a thoroughly decent chap) respectfully asked you not to post in the game thread once you were out of the game and you refused and got some polite feedback. Your response was frankly ridiculous and you publicly declared that you would never post in the forum again.

Please continue...
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 15:12
    I've just had a prowl through some old FOC threads looking for and found, the one where you stropped off like a child during the last werewolf game.

The game leader (a thoroughly decent chap) respectfully asked you not to post in the game thread once you were out of the game and you refused and got some polite feedback. Your response was frankly ridi ...[text shortened]... us and you publicly declared that you would never post in the forum again.

Please continue...
    In case you didn't get it the first time, s*** happens in the WWG and then it ends and life goes on. The drama is part of the game. It helps if you can relax and just have fun.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 17:21

Harsh but true.

Sorry mate.
    We ww's knew what was going on. The villagers got too much into their own individual survival. When we could, we knocked off whichever villager was showing the most leadership and objective analytical skill, and kept anyone who was fixated on a wrong guess. I think Kewpie was the first victim.

It was a simplified version, two ww's and the rest villagers. I recommend this, but I don't want to play because I have some upcoming travel.
  9. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 17:371 edit

The game leader (a thoroughly decent chap) respectfully asked you not to post in the game thread once you were out of the game and you refused and got some polite feedback. Your response was frankly ridi ...[text shortened]... us and you publicly declared that you would never post in the forum again.

Please continue...
    Hi geester. Not 'having a go', but Suzianne got it right. Some of the players really get into the bluff/double bluff and if their play is criticised even a little, they defend vigorously.

I was very much observing during my first game, but found it engaging and a very decent time passer.

I think they look on it as a rugby match ~ all arguments left 'on the pitch' at the end of the game!
  10. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 17:432 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    In case you didn't get it the first time, s*** happens in the WWG and then it ends and life goes on. The drama is part of the game. It helps if you can relax and just have fun.
    And here's the real deal geesterman...the game you mentioned was the inspiration to a person to remain unnamed to suggest the game in a club to remain unnamed and has been played eleven times, each time another reiteration unlike any preceding...some have played almost every game and typically at the end of one game say they are anxious for the next game to begin...My intent in this thread was just to start a conversation about the social phenomenon "Werewolf"...and to finalize by inviting anyone from here interested in playing in the future to go there...In most cases the group there have enjoyed a fun social environment and with eleven games under the belt I am sure there will be more...that's all, folks.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 17:43
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    Hi geester. Not 'having a go', but Suzianne got it right. Some of the players really get into th bluff/double bluff and if their play is criticised even a little, they defend vigorously.

I was very much observing during my first game, but found it engaging and a very decent time passer.

I think they look on it as a rugby match ~ all arguments left 'on the pitch' at the end of the game!
    Now we just have to decide where to meet for the after game beers (or whatever your "poison"😉.
  12. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 17:57
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Now we just have to decide where to meet for the after game beers (or whatever your "poison"😉.
    We won't talk about suppositories there will we?...😀
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 18:44
    Originally posted by LEUR
    We won't talk about suppositories there will we?...😀
    I certainly wouldn't broach the subject unless of course I needed one.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 20:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's best not to interfere in matters where you are not fully conversant with the facts.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 20:24
    Originally posted by JS357
    We ww's knew what was going on. The villagers got too much into their own individual survival. When we could, we knocked off whichever villager was showing the most leadership and objective analytical skill, and kept anyone who was fixated on a wrong guess. I think Kewpie was the first victim.

It was a simplified version, two ww's and the rest villagers. I recommend this, but I don't want to play because I have some upcoming travel.
    To be clear: my comments were ONLY about the game itself. This slant that jonneylongwoody has put on my post implying that I'm having a go at the rather splendid people of FOC has irritated me. Sorry and all that, but it has.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree