1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 18:47
    @ogb said
    @divegeester
    best thing about aging is the grand-kids..
    they are a treasure
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 19:30
    @divegeester said
    One thing we all have in common (apart from perhaps chaney3) is that we are all ageing.

I’ve made some significant positive lifestyle and work/life changes in the last 6-12 months which I’m very happy with, but which have punctuated my life in such a way causing me to reflect a little more than usual on the passing of time and the inevitability of getting older.

I ...[text shortened]... one of appreciation of what has passed and what is to come.

Thoughts from your own perspective?
    “ . . . when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.” Samuel Johnson

When one is younger, one fritters way one’s time and mental and physical resources as if one were immortal.

Getting older helps one to realize that it is high time to focus on important things and ignore unimportant things.
  3. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 19:35
    @divegeester said
    How do you feel about getting older. Do you think about it?
    I just turned 60 and am retired. So I do realize that there are not a lot of years left but as stated in the OP I'm not worrying about it but rather pleased that I've made it this far and it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
    Life evolves.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Sep '19 19:56
    @mudfinger said
    I just turned 60 and am retired. So I do realize that there are not a lot of years left but as stated in the OP I'm not worrying about it but rather pleased that I've made it this far and it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
    Life evolves.
    So true!

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 12:53
    @caissad4 said
    What am I doing in this handbasket ?
    And WHERE did you say we were going ?
    Up, up and away. Just relax and enjoy the view.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 12:57
    @mudfinger said
    Life evolves.
    ALWAYS look forward, with the odd look back to remind one of what/who WAS important to you, but move on and do the things that stimulate and bring you happiness because one never knows when the end will come, though e do know it will.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 13:00
    @great-big-stees said
    ALWAYS look forward, with the odd look back to remind one of what/who WAS important to you, but move on and do the things that stimulate and bring you happiness because one never knows when the end will come, though e do know it will.
    Death is always right around the corner and hits when you least expect it!!! 😉

I don't even think about it, 'till someone brings it up and remind them we do start dying from the day we are born. So do as much living as you can while you can!!!

-VR
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:092 edits
    @mudfinger said
    Life evolves.
    Life sucks. It’s largely meaningless. We are specks of dust in the void. There’s nothing. Lots and lots of nothing out there and we are hurtling through it on the equivalent of a cosmic shotgun pellet. It’s insane that any of this matters to anyone.

Age doesn’t matter. Entropy and chaos will eat us all.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:42
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Life sucks. It’s largely meaningless. We are specks of dust in the void. There’s nothing. Lots and lots of nothing out there and we are hurtling through it on the equivalent of a cosmic shotgun pellet. It’s insane that any of this matters to anyone.

Age doesn’t matter. Entropy and chaos will eat us all.
    a lot to digest there
    I like it
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:44
    @Hand-of-Hecate
    the comet arrives tomorrow noon
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    13 Sep '19 23:47
    @rookie54 said
    @Hand-of-Hecate
    the comet arrives tomorrow noon
    Not a moment too soon.
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '19
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 00:21
    www.kjsxpress.com
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 00:46
    @stgkj4ever said
    www.kjsxpress.com
    Did you pay for that ad?
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 03:16
    @divegeester said
    One thing we all have in common (apart from perhaps chaney3) is that we are all ageing.

I’ve made some significant positive lifestyle and work/life changes in the last 6-12 months which I’m very happy with, but which have punctuated my life in such a way causing me to reflect a little more than usual on the passing of time and the inevitability of getting older.

I ...[text shortened]... one of appreciation of what has passed and what is to come.

Thoughts from your own perspective?
    Getting older beats the alternative.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 11:15
    @soothfast said
    Getting older beats the alternative.
    Prove it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree