1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 05:161 edit
    "Great 21st Century Novel"

Let's write it together for our own enjoyment and for posterity sake. One connected and coherent sentence at a time (per writer) and let's

number them sequentially for ease of reference and continuity, since it's likely there will be editorial comments along the way. Once our

body of work exceeds, say, 500 sentences we can brainstorm an appropriate title. Meanwhile think of it as a site bedtime story in progress.

So get your creative juices flowing. Your unique contributions will energize its lift off and sustain its flight. This could be enjoyable!

Thank you. -gb 🙂
    3/4/08

Note: Hopeful Mikelom's authorship genius will help guide the way.

#1. Still remember that stormy, moonless evening and the unwelcome typically terse message from Russ
    waiting to greet my bleary eyes on the screen... "New server difficulties. Indefinite outage. Will advise."

#2. _________________________________________________________
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 06:44
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Great 21st Century Novel"

Let's write it together for our own enjoyment and for posterity sake. One connected and coherent sentence at a time (per writer) and let's

number them sequentially for ease of reference and continuity, since it's likely there will be editorial comments along the way. Once our

body of work exceeds, say, 500 sentenc ...[text shortened]... age. Will advise."

#2. _________________________________________________________
    2. How ghastly! I sip my freshly ground and brewed mild columbian coffee and ponder how many days the "site is under repair, will be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link.

3. ____________________________
  3. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 06:50
    Originally posted by coquette
    2. How ghastly! I sip my freshly ground and brewed mild columbian coffee and ponder how many days the "site is under repair, will be back online in approximately 6 hours" will appear every time i click on my RHP link.

3. ____________________________
    3. As I peer ponderously into the ugly white screen delivering this horrific news to me, I wonder about many things, but two things repeat over and over like a broken record, "whatever shall I do with all my employers time now" and "I need to buy stronger coffee".
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:07
    4. Closed the laptop down, remindinding myself that I really did have an actual life, took a longer than

usual/hotter than usual shower and slid into the white envelope, mid prayer drifting off to sleep and slept.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:12
    5. i dreamt of her, the Queen, her radiance in all directions, her control, her power . . .. . d5-e6-f7 . . .through the pawn, her power radiating onto the King, the future victim.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:164 edits
    6. And I somehow knew, full well, that the king was already looking forward to the bondage and benefits of his untimely victimhood.

Edit: Almost sounds like the close of a brief cameo chapter one and the beginning of chapter two... What say ye? 🙂
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 07:391 edit
    7. The king did behold her tenderness within his clad towers but, alas he would permit no visitors.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 08:19
    8. Awoke before dawn, still participating in the dreams, and smiled over the realization that the king and I
    were one and the same... and that the overnight check had been administered by the RHP outage.
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 08:32
    8. Awoke before dawn, still participating in the dreams, and smiled over the realization that the king and I
    were one and the same... and that the overnight check had been administered by the RHP outage.
    9. A tyrant was he, with uncluttered mind and the ability to reign supreme, somewhat unrelinquished, over his wandering lands; those being his front and back garden!
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 08:39
    Originally posted by mikelom
    9. A tyrant was he, with uncluttered mind and the ability to reign supreme, somewhat unrelinquished, over his wandering lands; those being his front and back garden!
    10. Yes, amigo, I did return to bed to resume the dream.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 08:46
    10. Yes, amigo, I did return to bed to resume the dream.
    11. And so, he returned to his semi-concious state of mind creating and rolling his dream as he saw fit; smiling during his rest and contemplating what a wonderful world he was creating within the realms of his openly wandering thoughts.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 12:15
    Originally posted by mikelom
    11. And so, he returned to his semi-concious state of mind creating and rolling his dream as he saw fit; smiling during his rest and contemplating what a wonderful world he was creating within the realms of his openly wandering thoughts.
    12. Meanwhile, elsewhere, the hammering had abated.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 12:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    12. Meanwhile, elsewhere, the hammering had abated.
    13. The fast approaching end of consciousness was to be the final nail.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 13:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    13. The fast approaching end of consciousness was to be the final nail.
    14. Call me Fritz.
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 14:30
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    14. Call me Fritz.
    15. He coughed, cleared his throat, and repeated in what he hoped was a more commanding tone:
    Call me Fritz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree