1. Earth
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 21:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hey, Big Stees, seems to be coming clear that you have introduced the first person pronoun of the first chapter, central character Doyle

and hero of the novel... perhaps we're discovering an autobiography. If so, our creative work is now crying aloud for an equally charismatic

and thoughtful heroine. Perhaps his lovely girlfriend. Yes? -gb 🙂
    Elizabeth?

It really should be Elizabeth. Auburn hair, with hint of gold. Pale of complexion, slim but unnervingly tall by comparison to Doyle. Utterly his equal, yet subbordinate in a most endearing way?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Elizabeth?

It really should be Elizabeth. Auburn hair, with hint of gold. Pale of complexion, slim but unnervingly tall by comparison to Doyle. Utterly his equal, yet subbordinate in a most endearing way?
    So how about recasting those well chosen words to introduce Elizabeth in the next sentence of our narrative...

34. ______________________________________
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 22:28
    24. Sheila had a crush on Doyle, but she knew that she would never be able to "connect" with him, unless she learned the King's Gambit. It was so frustrating trying to play the black side, until she discovered 2. . . . .Be7.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 22:45
    35. but Sheila also knew that she had one other obstacle to "connecting" with Doyle, and that was Elizabeth, that horrid phoney so-called "Queen"
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    35. but Sheila also knew that she had one other obstacle to "connecting" with Doyle, and that was Elizabeth, that horrid phoney so-called "Queen"
    Nice of you to bring Policestate's Lady Elizabeth to the party. Finally
    the story is developing a small population, including an antagonist.

🙂
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:37
    Originally posted by coquette
    36. Doyle was faced with consuming questions... three of which were "Is there really

a question?" and "If so, must I answer it now?" and "Do I truly love Sheila?"
  7. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:40

9. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:44
    36. Doyle was faced with consuming questions... three of which were "Is there really

a question?" and "If so, must I answer it now?" and "Do I truly love Sheila?"
    37. Faced with some of the true predicaments of modern life, Doyle decided to spend some of his precious time 'bank' on analysing his options.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:451 edit

11. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 00:561 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    38. ________
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by Lundos
    37. Faced with some of the true predicaments of modern life, Doyle decided to spend some of his precious time 'bank' on analysing his options.
    38. This reflective approach was somewhat native to the grain for Doyle, who in his other passion for creative

writing had learned early on to write hot, refrigerate the draft for a few days before revising cold.
  13. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 02:211 edit
    38. This reflective approach was somewhat native to the grain for Doyle, who in his other passion for creative

writing had learned early on to write hot, refrigerate the draft for a few days before revising cold.
    39. Being reflective had a tendancy to make him thirsty, leading him to the fridge where he saw the calendar ... with today's date circled on it!

(edited by request, even though I believe the numbering system detracts from the story)
  14. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 02:592 edits
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    39. Being reflective had a tendancy to make him thirsty, leading him to the fridge where he saw the calendar ... with today's date circled on it!

(edited by request, even though I believe the numbering system detracts from the story)
    40. What was it that was so important today?

(and for the record, I agree with pawnhandler)
  15. Joined
    23 Oct '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 04:40
    41. I'll ask Fritz, my oldest of friends must help me!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree