1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 10:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A confession at last!

Divesgeester a deadly accurate portrayal by GB - hypersensitive to his own sensibilities and insensitive toward the sensibilities of other people! WOW!
    What do you make of Grampy Bobby's suggestion that the OP is "offensive"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 10:59
    Is slimming a taboo topic in the US? Surely not?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 10:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    What do you make of Grampy Bobby's suggestion that the OP is "offensive"?
    I dont make anything of it, if its GB's perspective why don't you ask him about it? surely he is the best person to ask?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is slimming a taboo topic in the US? Surely not?
    the real question is why are divegeesters sensibilities more important than other peoples sensibilities? He thinks they are, do you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:02
    the real question is why are divegeesters sensibilities more important than other peoples sensibilities? He thinks they are, do you?
    Why don't you start a thread about it?.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps I am, who knows...and so what about it?

You and Grampy Bobby are pompous, arrogant, abusive blowhards, but nobody seems to care much.
    "Forum Guidelines: •Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate. Calling another poster an "idiot" will leave a post subject to immediate removal." Help : forumguide
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why don't you start a thread about it?.
    Why don't you just tell me? surely it will only take a post?

divesgeesters own sensibilities are more important than the sensibilities of other people because. . . . . .
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Forum Guidelines: •Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate. Calling another poster an "idiot" will leave a post subject to immediate removal." Help : forumguide
    This copy paste clearly isn't something you apply to your self-professed supporters.

Are you not willing to discuss your contention that the OP is "offensive"?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    This copy paste clearly isn't something you apply to your self-professed supporters.

Are you not willing to discuss your contention that the OP is "offensive"?
    @Crowley
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:08
    Why don't you just tell me? surely it will only take a post?

divesgeesters own sensibilities are more important than the sensibilities of other people because. . . . . .
    I don't think so no. I think you might be conflating opinions with sensibilities. Grampy Bobby has only brought "sensibilities" up because he disapproves of and disagrees with divegeester's opinions and he would never brandish his 'sensibilities analysis' against anyone he approved of, even if they were boorish and facile.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:142 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think so no. I think you might be conflating opinions with sensibilities. Grampy Bobby has only brought "sensibilities" up because he disapproves of and disagrees with divegeester's opinions and he would never brandish his 'sensibilities analysis' against anyone he approved of, even if they were boorish and facile.
    No i dint think I am, 'conflating opinions with sensibilities'. Divesgeester when asked, 'why he was hypersensitive to his own sensibilities and insensitive to the sensibilities of others', did not deny the charge. This leaves the discerning reader with the question why his sensibilities should be considered as paramount. Is he a megalomaniac? a sociopath? surely there must be some reason?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    @Crowley
    If, say, Suzianne had started this thread, would you have condemned her for having a flippant attitude and being insensitive toward people with serious medical issues or genetic predispositions? I don't think would have.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:18
    No i dint think I am, 'conflating opinions with sensibilities'. Divesgeester when asked, 'why he was hypersensitive to his own sensibilities and insensitive to the sensibilities of others', did not deny the charge. This leaves the discerning reader with the question why his sensibilities should be considered as paramount. Is he a megalomaniac? a sociopath? surely there must be some reason?
    Is who a megalomaniac or a sociopath? divegeester? No. Why? Do you think he is?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is who a megalomaniac or a sociopath? divegeester? No. Why? Do you think he is?
    I am only surmising. It could be something as benign as a lack of modesty or lack of empathy towards others. Personally I think its a spiritual problem.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:24
    I am only surmising. It could be something as benign as a lack of modesty or lack of empathy towards others. Personally I think its a spiritual problem.
    I think the only thing underpinning your thinking and posting here is that you're trying to be funny and scornful at the same time, and the subject matter does not matter one whit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree