1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:302 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the only thing underpinning your thinking and posting here is that you're trying to be funny and scornful at the same time, and the subject matter does not matter one whit.
    Once again you demonstrate little insight and instead seek simply to vilify the person rather than address the issue. Its almost obligatory for you.

Why would divesgeester or anyone for that matter be hypersensitive to their own sensibilities and insensitive to the sensibilities of others.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why would divesgeester or anyone for that matter be hypersensitive to their own sensibilities and insensitive to the sensibilities of others.
    The word string "you're hypersensitive to your own sensibilities" translates to: I don't agree with you. The word string "you're insensitive to the sensibilities of others" also translates to: I don't agree with you. It has no other traction apart from that coming from posters like yourself and Grampy Bobby.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    The word string [b]"you're hypersensitive to your own sensibilities" translates to: I don't agree with you. The word string "you're insensitive to the sensibilities of others" also translates to: I don't agree with you. It has no other traction apart from that coming from posters like yourself and Grampy Bobby.[/b]
    No I don't think it does translate to, 'I don't agree with you' and nor does your attempt to once again explain it away with reference to some kind of alleged attempt to gain traction. The seventy or so pages of feigned indignation in response to some teasing about an overtly amorous post would rule this out. Clearly divesgester is hypersensitive to his own sensibilities.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:53
    There goes yet another thread.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:53
    No I don't think it does translate to, 'I don't agree with you' and nor does your attempt to once again explain it away with reference to some kind of alleged attempt to gain traction. The seventy or so pages of feigned indignation in response to some teasing about an overtly amorous post would rule this out. Clearly divesgester is hypersensitive to his own sensibilities.
    Well we disagree about what the whatnot about hypersensitivity & sensibilities means and we disagree about what went on for those "70 or so pages".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 11:54
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There goes yet another thread.
    Indeed. Surely the OP was about as benign a way to kick off a thread about slimming as anyone could possibly come up with?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indeed. Surely the OP was about as benign a way to kick off a thread about slimming as anyone could possibly come up with?
    Perhaps the Op's reputation proceeded him? and this is the reason for the twelve thumbs down?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:12
    Perhaps the Op's reputation proceeded him? and this is the reason for the twelve thumbs down?
    That wasn't the theory Grampy Bobby proffered. Take it up with him.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:17
    The reason for the wrecking of this thread is the same as the reason for the wrecking of other threads. There are some very unpleasant people on this site.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There may well be others with serious medical issues or genetic predispositions who are frequent contributors to this and other RHP Public Forums who are expressing their personal displeasure with your flippant attitude and insensitivity toward their overweight conditions with Thumbs Down.
    I think it may be because some posters don't like him. I think your suggestion that the OP is offensive holds no water - so much so, even you are not willing to make any argument to that effect.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:21
    The reason for the wrecking of this thread is the same as the reason for the wrecking of other threads. There are some very unpleasant people on this site.
    I agree, its time for you to walk the plank!😵
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    That wasn't the theory Grampy Bobby proffered. Take it up with him.
    Its difficult to explain why the negativity to such an allegedly benign post. Either it was not benign as you have alleged or it was and divesgeesters reputation simply proceeded him and people were immediately reminded of what an unsavory proposition he can be and simply thumbed him down on past experience.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:43
    Its difficult to explain why the negativity to such an allegedly benign post. Either it was not benign as you have alleged or it was and divesgeesters reputation simply proceeded him and people were immediately reminded of what an unsavory proposition he can be and simply thumbed him down on past experience.
    I agree that the OP is benign. As for the thumbs, I am not concerned by the ones I got for my post about Food Combining.

Do you have a favourite slimming idea that you know or think works?
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:48
    I agree, its time for you to walk the plank!😵
    You're one of the most poisonous individuals on the site.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 12:55
    You're one of the most poisonous individuals on the site.
    Tee hee, thats strange i see myself more as a happy go lucky type of fellow. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree