guns

guns

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you "support unconditionally" actions and policies that may exacerbate or prolong the problem of terrorism?
Terrorism can never be completely eradicated from this world. Plain and simple.

There are no actions or policies that will guarantee to NOT exacerbate or NOT prolong the problem. It works both ways.

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by Landisqueen170
That is not to say some atrocities do not occur on either side during war. While I do not condone them, I understand that war breeds horrors on both sides. Atrocities cannot stand. Consequences are needed when lines are crossed. In the "fog of war" as they say, those lines are not always as clearly defined and seen as we civilians would like.
I'm not talking about the "fog of war". I am talking about your "unconditional support" for whatever is done by the military forces of countries that are US allies.

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

Terrorism can never be completely eradicated from this world. Plain and simple.

There are no actions or policies that will guarantee to NOT exacerbate or NOT prolong the problem. It works both ways.
This is a dodge. Does your "unconditional support" extend to actions and policies that may exacerbate the problem, or is your support - in fact - conditional on the actions and policies ~ selected as they are from numerous options ~ being wise and likely to be effective?

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
So your support is conditional and not unconditional? I think we may have found some common ground.
Did you hear my husband example from earlier?
I love and support him unconditionally. But if I find out he is a terrorist, it's a deal breaker.

So my unconditional love is only in place if he remains the person that I know him to be.

My unconditional support of our troops remains in place as long as they remain the troops I know them to be...professional, selfless, competent, full of integrity...

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

Did you hear my husband example from earlier?
I love and support him unconditionally. But if I find out he is a terrorist, it's a deal breaker.
So it's unconditional love with conditions, is that what you mean?

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

My unconditional support of our troops remains in place as long as they remain the troops I know them to be...professional, selfless, competent, full of integrity...
And this applies to the military forces of US allies too?

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
This is a dodge. Does your "unconditional support" extend to actions and policies that may exacerbate the problem, or is your support - in fact - conditional on the actions and policies ~ selected as they are from numerous options ~ being wise and likely to be effective?
The troops have no say in any of these actions or policies that may or may not prolong or aggravate the conflict. I will always support them unconditionally. They do not get to pick and choose which missions they wish to be a part of, how long they'd like to be deployed, how much force they use in a specific raid...

My government - that is a different story - if I feel my government is handling a particular conflict or problem in a way that is unproductive/ineffective, morally wrong, etc...then it is up to me, as a citizen of this country, to voice my concerns in whatever way I deem to be appropriate...to protest, to vote people out of office, boycott..

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
18 Nov 15

The troops have no say in any of these actions or policies that may or may not prolong or aggravate the conflict. I will always support them unconditionally. They do not get to pick and choose which missions they wish to be a part of, how long they'd like to be deployed, how much force they use in a specific raid...

My government - that is a differ ...[text shortened]... s in whatever way I deem to be appropriate...to protest, to vote people out of office, boycott..
So if you found out your soldiers were shooting unarmed civilians against their orders you'd still support them unconditionally?

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
So it's unconditional love with conditions, is that what you mean?
It is unconditional love as long as the person I married remains of solid character. And that is common sense and understood.

You are playing semantics a bit here.

Do you want "unconditional" to have an asterik? Will you sleep better....

Ok...I will fix this right now....stand by....

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

My government - that is a differ ...[text shortened]... s in whatever way I deem to be appropriate...to protest, to vote people out of office, boycott..
It sounds to me like your support is, in actual fact, not unconditional. With troops your support is conditional on them conducting themselves in a certain way, and with your country your support is conditional on you agreeing with their military policy. Presumably, you would extend this clearly conditional support to the military policies and personnel of US allies. I think ~ given that you now appear to be saying you do not support unconditionally US actions, the actions of its allies, and of their military personnel ~ we have indeed found some common ground.

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
It sounds to me like your support is, in actual fact, not unconditional. With troops your support is conditional on them conducting themselves in a certain way, and with your country your support is conditional on you agreeing with their military policy. Presumably, you would extend this clearly conditional support to the military policies and personnel of US al ...[text shortened]... ctions of its allies, and of their military personnel ~ we have indeed found some common ground.
NIce try. But that is not at all what I said 😉

F

Moves
18 Nov 15
1 edit

It is unconditional love as long as the person I married remains of solid character. And that is common sense and understood.

You are playing semantics a bit here.

Do you want "unconditional" to have an asterik? Will you sleep better....

Ok...I will fix this right now....stand by....
No, don't go back and change a post that's already been replied to.

I would say "unconditional love" for a spouse would result in the non-criminal one either ignoring the crime or joining their spouse in crime.

If your love is only in place if your spouse remains the person that you 'knew him to be' that is to say the way you want him to be, then to call your love "unconditional love" is a misnomer.

Moves
18 Nov 15

NIce try. But that is not at all what I said 😉
God bless our troops, those of our allies, and all of their family members and friends who stand by and support them unconditionally *. Seems like the freedom loving world will be calling upon you once again to sacrifice. We give you our humble and sincere gratitude.

* Unless they blatantly disregard the code of ethics that they swore they would honor and uphold as a United States soldier

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
So if you found out your soldiers were shooting unarmed civilians against their orders you'd still support them unconditionally?
I don't think she would. Her support is clearly conditional and not unconditional. 😉

F

Moves
18 Nov 15

God bless our troops, those of our allies, and all of their family members and friends who stand by and support them unconditionally *. Seems like the freedom loving world will be calling upon you once again to sacrifice. We give you our humble and sincere gratitude.

* Unless they blatantly disregard the code of ethics that they swore they would honor and uphold as a United States soldier
Russia is an ally of the US in the War On Terror. Do you support Russian troops unconditionally, as long as they do not blatantly disregard the Russian military code?