1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]John Eberhard Bio "John Eberhard is a marketing consultant, author, and political analyst living in the Los Angeles area. Over the last 30 years John has closely watched the political trends and activities on the state and national level. John has been engaged in education of the public on political issues, with a web site CommonSenseGovernment.c ...[text shortened]... focus this 4th of July, 2014, is the entire 238 years not the past 6 of the current presidency.[/b]
    Obviously he wrote that himself. He's a "political analyst" with an ax to grind. Citing his work would
    have some value if he had credentials as a historian, an educator or recognized authority.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 21:48
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Obviously he wrote that himself. He's a "political analyst" with an ax to grind. Citing his work would
    have some value if he had credentials as a historian, an educator or recognized authority.
    And, in this beloved country of ours, isn't it fantastic that John Eberhard and HandyAndy and Grampy Bobby are still free to hold and express opinions and points of view without interference from or censure by a totalitarian federal authority!
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 21:53
    And, in this beloved country of ours, isn't it fantastic that John Eberhard and HandyAndy and Grampy Bobby are still free to hold and express opinions and points of view without interference from or censure by a totalitarian federal authority!
    I'll drink to that!
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 21:59
    Dude, everyone has an axe to grind. Or a sword or knife or in my case the dullest scissors in the world. Mrs. Praxis is always after me to sharpen them.
    I told her when I say I will do something, I will do it.
    There's no need in reminding me about it every six months.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 22:10
    I'll drink to that!
    You choose the lounge, café, pub or bar; our meal and the first and last rounds are on me. Should we invite CP?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 22:53
    without interference from or censure by a totalitarian federal authority.

Well run to the hills Ma Barker, the feds are coming!🙄
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 23:30
    You choose the lounge, café, pub or bar; our meal and the first and last rounds are on me. Should we invite CP?
    I think CP is particular as to whom he hangs around with.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 00:04
    Let's try this one last time. You said children were crossing the border (to the U.S.) because of Mexican
    gangs and drug dealers. The children are mostly from Central America (e.g., Guatemala, Honduras,
    Nicaragua). They have journeyed from their homes and through Mexico northward to the U.S. border.
    The Mexican government is effectively non-functional and unable to protect its citizens. It has not been able to stop the gangs and drug lords who have been making day to day living unbearable for many families. Are you really not aware of this?

You said most of the children crossing the border from Mexico into the U.S. are coming from Central America. I explained why there has been an increase in children coming in (often alone) from Mexico, but you haven't yet explained why children are coming here from Central America. They can't all be from Central America, so what percentage of children crossing the border do you figure are coming in from Mexico? And why do you believe most are coming from Central America?
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 00:21

"A [b]democracy
    cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result ...[text shortened]... ook has been found."

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Alex.Tytler.Quote.4272
    [/b]
    Yeah, so? What does reprinting something GB printed prove?

Your response to an inherent weakness in a democracy was purely reactionary. You were offended by this without explaining why you find it offensive. This is what I meant by knee jerk reaction. Your responses seem to be purely emotional, and if you can't (or won't) explain why you find this so offensive then that's all it is... you being offended.

You are entitled to your emotions and entitled to be offended, but there's not much anyone can say when you can't (or won't) back up claims with anything other than how it makes you feel.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 03:00
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    The Mexican government is effectively non-functional and unable to protect its citizens. It has not been able to stop the gangs and drug lords who have been making day to day living unbearable for many families. Are you really not aware of this?

You said most of the children crossing the border from Mexico into the U.S. are coming from Central America. ...[text shortened]... u figure are coming in from Mexico? And why do you believe most are coming from Central America?
    Are you always this stupid, or are you making a special effort tonight? Buy a newspaper.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 03:06
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Yeah, so? What does reprinting something GB printed prove?

Your response to an inherent weakness in a democracy was purely reactionary. You were offended by this without explaining why you find it offensive. This is what I meant by knee jerk reaction. Your responses seem to be purely emotional, and if you can't (or won't) explain why you find th ...[text shortened]... when you can't (or won't) back up claims with anything other than how it makes you feel.
    The post was to demonstrate that Bobby was targeting democracy, in spite of your claims to the contrary.
    The quotation is from a book that doesn't exist, just as your ideas are from a brain that doesn't exist.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 22:33
    The post was to demonstrate that Bobby was targeting democracy, in spite of your claims to the contrary.
    The quotation is from a book that doesn't exist, just as your ideas are from a brain that doesn't exist.
    "Tytler’s theory set forth a cycle that every democracy goes through, which goes like this. Tytler said the cycle starts out with a society in bondage. Then it goes in this sequence:" John Eberhard did the targeting; I thought it was an apropos read.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 00:49
    "Tytler’s theory set forth a cycle that every democracy goes through, which goes like this. Tytler said the cycle starts out with a society in bondage. Then it goes in this sequence:" John Eberhard did the targeting; I thought it was an apropos read.
    That's the trouble with democracy. Anybody can say anything, whether it makes sense or not.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 00:52
    For now.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 00:54
    That's the trouble with democracy. Anybody can say anything, whether it makes sense or not.
    How true, especially when the words are from elected officials and an uninformed segment of the voting populace believes it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree